Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options
    Thanks very much SR, and Tricky
  • Options

hee hee hee, Yer_maj is gonna get her leg over, DLR is wearing women's clothing and everyone's being very naughty.  Oh, how the forum always delivers a smile. image

darn, DV can't make the 12th...do it's DLR or DV...big decision!  DLR, can you come down early? DV can you make the night before? but then we lose RR...it's all getting very challenging...

• Options

My hurty leg ain't going over anything...image

• Options
    Dirty Leeds Rob wrote (see)
    Stray Runner wrote (see)

@DLR - you are ordering ladies clothes for yourself now image

nowt like leeds folkimage

I'll have you know the garment was based on your recommendation!

ashmei? good lad.

sneaky 10km for me this evening now wind, clear skies and nice and cool so all was going well until went to book hotel and found i can't redeem points for the dates in question image

thanks for the saturday mara suggestions peeps - should have mentioned that my friend will be a marathon debut so i think they might be daunted by off road courses...

nothing to base this on but i think those boys in black are going to take a beating tomorrow rs.

• Options
    yer_maj wrote (see)

My hurty leg ain't going over anything...image

There's quite a famous advertising campaign in NZ from Tui beer that's often envoked in times like these. [enter completely ludicrous quote that's obiously not true] follow with "yeah, right!". I feel their words are quite an appropriate response.

• Options
    Stray Runner wrote (see)
    nothing to base this on but i think those boys in black are going to take a beating tomorrow rs.

it's best not to base your opinion on anything, or you'd realise it was quite wrong.;)

• Options

OK, so we finally saw Skyfall.  Good, but not great. Daniel Craig superb.

• Options

okay, who unplugged the RW website?  come on.  you know who you are.

• Options
    Radar Sal wrote (see)

darn, DV can't make the 12th...do it's DLR or DV...big decision!  DLR, can you come down early? DV can you make the night before? but then we lose RR...it's all getting very challenging...

It's DV's plan - he has to be there!

I'm fixed on that night for being in Larnden - in Dorset the 2 days before - but if you, Suzy and anyone else from the sarf larnden massive want to meet up for a bit happy to do that.

Stray Runner wrote (see)
    Dirty Leeds Rob wrote (see)
    Stray Runner wrote (see)

@DLR - you are ordering ladies clothes for yourself now image

nowt like leeds folkimage

I'll have you know the garment was based on your recommendation!

ashmei? good lad.

Aye.  Got one of the hoodies last week and quite pleased with that.  Jacket looks great quality - just hope the men's is as nice...  Will soon have 9 pairs of their socks too - bought 3 pairs, then they gave me 3 free because they only had the jackets in white, and now giving me another 3 because they sent the women's jacket out!

We'll have to meet up for a mid-winter LSR in our his 'n' his jackets image

• Options

how'd do'd folks, thought it was about time i said Bonjour.  been a while since i did this one, so decided to have another go at it. (hopefully without the shin splints this time image)

good to see some familiar faces.

• Options
    image 9 pairs of socks? What are you, a caterpillar?

Glad to see the forums are back. I was forced to go out for a run this morning. Brrrr.

A few Paris first-timers have joined my Saturday morning running chums. I've been treating them to my war stories image.

Skyfall tonight. Haven't been to the cinema in ages, hope I can stay awake.
  • Options

The price is definitely right RR.

• Options
    Winter has well and truly arrived but I dragged my ass out for 10 miles. I had sun, snow and hail, but feeling good after a two week break.

Skiing tomorrow, yippee!!

Hi carrot top. When did you run Paris?
  • Options

For the 12th..   its ok..  really..  you guys and go and have a lovely time..  its not a problem.. 

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Hi Carrot Top - welcome.

If you supply your number and Pen then our trusty List Fairy will add you to the Paris Massive list.

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

1st of December!

Seasonal ID added and avatar uploading image

• Options
    Well, today sucked. Great 10 miles yesterday afternoon. Set out this cold morning for a slow 20 miles but had to be rescued after 10 due to shooting pain in my left foot. Not sure what it is. No pain on walking. Pain when I wiggle my toes or dorsiflex my foot. I guess some rest is in my future.
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    @Danirr - I'm sorry to hear that image here's hoping that its nothing serious.

@DLR - I agree with RR - are you a caterpillar?image

Can I persuade anyone with this trail race: cretes de spa. 30th march 2013. 2 options (53km or 21km) in the beautiful Belgian Ardennes?

21km costs 11EUR

53km costs 29EUR

For me it's a lot cheaper than Eco trail de Paris (75EUR) so thought I'd see if anyone else wants to join in.
  • Options
    Running Rodent wrote (see)
    image 9 pairs of socks? What are you, a caterpillar?

Glad to see the forums are back. I was forced to go out for a run this morning. Brrrr.

A few Paris first-timers have joined my Saturday morning running chums. I've been treating them to my war stories image.

Skyfall tonight. Haven't been to the cinema in ages, hope I can stay awake.

RR - if you fall asleep through Skyfall, there's no hope for you!

RS - not sure what's happening at Twickenham, (or Twickers as no doubt thousands of prats know it as...)

• Options

Dannirr - Take care, hopefully nothing to bad.

Emmy - That's the week before Paris. Think that might put most folk around here off doing that one.

• Options
    It's gonna be frozz bozz tomorrow a.m when I'm setting off an my Lsr. It will be a tough test. The toughest yet (gulp)
  • Options

I wonder if I might ask for a little help from you lovely people.

I've just started a new Facebook page called Teach Me To Run.   If you use Facebook, perhaps you can help me by going to the page and press 'Like' and then sharing the page on your own facebook page.   The more people that get to know about it, the better it will become.  

Its not intended for anyone here...  you are all experienced runners.  I want to help people get started.  Offer support, encouragement and guidance to absolute beginners and novice runners.

I'm having a web site built, with the same name, and that should be ready and online in the next few weeks.

Ultimately, it should develop into a useful online community for people to get started in running and hopefully avoid many beginners mistakes.     It might well be that you have friends who would like to follow in your running foot steps but don't where to start.  Well..  I'd like to try to give those people a place they can get support to get started.

If you could take just a few minutes to do this, that would be lovely.  Thank you.

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

Welcome back, carrot top! image I remember you, you whippet....What have you been up to?

Rest day for me ...So, we had a day out and a boat trip on Loch Lomond image Gorgeous but freezing. *Get ready with the buckets of paint..I 'm getting out ma fur coat.* The good news, Eggy and DLR, is that the end-of-January run pub has a real fire. You will be very comfortable as you while away an hour or so, waiting for me..

• Options

10 mile done today. tried the long slow run, but got a little bored. so went a little quicker second five.

now for a kebab and lashings of chilli sauce (and chips)

• Options

I've fuelled up on prawn curry tonight.  I may be regretting I didn't do it in your order tomorrow morning James...

TJB - cold is good for long runs.  I love running along the canal for a long run when it's frozen and there's thick snow.  Feels proper hardcore!

• Options

I totally agree..   I love running in the cold too.

• Options

I don't recognise half the people here, and I suddenly feel all Christmassy.

Hi Carrot Top. Sounds like you are elegible to join the Ginger Ninja Marathon Club. Membership is free and currently stands at four, plus Yer Maj as an honorary member. Unless she's dyed her hair another colour. Membership confers all sorts of privileges, including the ability to tell people you're a member of the Ginger Ninja Marathon Club.

Emmy - My bank manager says Eco Trail 2013 is a no-goer image

Danni - that story was great. Hope I can do 10 when I get to 80, never mind 80 at 80. Hope foot pain goes as suddenly as it came.

Today's word of the day is 'iceicemudicemudmuddyicymuddymudmudiceice'

/members/images/727962/Gallery/IMG00114-20121201-1411.jpg

• Options
    Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)

Today's word of the day is 'iceicemudicemudmuddyicymuddymudmudiceice'

That's easy for you to say........

• Options
    Iain - fair point about Skyfall, I did stay awake image.

Dannirr - foot thing sounds weird. Hope it disappears as soon as it appeared.

Annoying experience at the Kingston 10k this morning. 50:10, which I should be pleased with as it's nearly 2 mins off my time last year. But all the way round I was watching the pace and thought I was comfortably enough under 5 min/km to finish under 50. The moral of that is to pay more attention to the overall time rather relying on pace, because I'm pretty sure I had another 10 seconds in me image .