Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Marathon Maus wrote (see)

My my. We are quite the voyeurs today.

You love it don't you?image

• Options

A well turned ankle is always a pleasure ( a fine set of norks is even better tho )  image

decent run at Chester half this morning Suzie round in 1:59, somehow I managed 1:51. 

• Options
    Emmy H wrote (see)

My my. We are quite the voyeurs today.

You love it don't you?image

Yes Emmy. I do. Keep 'em coming.

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

I've done my partimage its for Jimbob in his tighty whities to make an appearanceimage

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

YAY for RR!!!  I think TD has submitted his photo for the calendar.

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

I hope RR can send me some photos to post .We can have a virtual party to celebrate our International runners..

I'll kick it off with a very real glass of champagne.image To RR in Ethiopia! ( Raise glasses, here ) RR!

*And to surviving this morning's Glasgow 10k in the usual rain..Great goodie bag, hundreds of clean...yes, clean..portaloos,class patter etc etc. Most of the runners were running for a charity  or in memory of someone. ( DLR.It was a blub-fest, reading the T-shirts ) Best outfits must be the two policewomen, err, officers, in black/white stripey tutus and mini-helmets and the , many, pink fairies. *

• Options

I shall raise a can of diet Irn bru in her honour shortly - well done RR!

I never blub ATM, everyone knows that.

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

Ems, you I don't actually have a photo of me in the tight white pants, you'll need to take the photo and don't forget to bring a really big lens. for anyone who just can't bear to wait for that wonderful day - here's a photo of me with my shirt off, just to get the ladies (and some of the lads) you know, in a hot sweat .....

http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/147/1f9bc509c1774d02baa3737db287dc51/l.jpg

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭
    Dirty Leeds Rob wrote (see)

I never blub ATM, everyone knows that.

DLR, apart from when you've just had relations image

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Sorry Jimbob, that's not a photo to get the pulse racing- and is that a moustache?

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

RS - are you providing manscaping suggested styles?

14 lovely miles done this morning.

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

It's goatee OO - at the time my pulse was racing as i was in mid heavy rock gig at the Bull&Gate, , that was my attempt at posing for the camera half way through one of our songs "wanted by the law" which was a "busy" song for a drummer.....

Here I am at the Forum in 95 looking a bit more "normal"

http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/121/b19a3cb4cbc04ba9aeb16df55af6a4be/l.jpg

shirt on this time thankfully ...

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭
    Emmy H wrote (see)
    yer_maj wrote (see)

Weedy it's not that big, sweetheart.  Really.

Have you seen it YM?image

I don't need to.

TD, we can't imagine the chest.  We have the arse, now give us the chest.

RR - you rock, girl.  image

DLR - Thas eur gurt girl's blouse. This is why we love you.

Jimbob....I am speechless....

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Looks like TJB has facial manscaping down.  It's very difficult to answer your question Dannirr as manscaping is quite an art form with each canvas being slightly different (aka chest shape) with the availability of marterials quite variable (aka hair growth).

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭
    'OO'50 wrote (see)

Sorry Jimbob, that's not a photo to get the pulse racing- and is that a moustache?

I also spy white pants:  No.

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭
    Radar Sal wrote (see)

Looks like TJB has facial manscaping down.  It's very difficult to answer your question Dannirr as manscaping is quite an art form with each canvas being slightly different (aka chest shape) with the availability of marterials quite variable (aka hair growth).

Not that we're actually fussy or owt....image

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

RS - aah, chest shape. Oddly enough, that's not the canvas to which I thought your were referring. image

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Dan - it's a civilised starting point....

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭
    yer_maj wrote (see)

Dan - it's a civilised starting point....

yeah, we're very civilised around here. image

• Options

RR - you rock, fab!

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

well done Dave and the loverly Suzie today at Chester.

RR amazing - please can we get a photo of you soon?

• Options
    KeyserSuzeKeyserSuze ✭✭✭
    Tricky Dicky¹ wrote (see)

Watched a film i'd never heard of tonight and loved it. Seven Psychopaths. From the guy who brought us another genius film, In Brugges. Just wonderful.

MM - glad you've got standards lass.

simon, well done on a good time for a tough course. A day of rest tmrw then?

Ian, hamstrings are ok, it's just the tendon on to the fibular head that is torn and it's super painful. Might get to do some super easy mountain biking on the flat tmrw, if it feels ok. Ok, sleep well everyone, or if you live in the Orkneys, good morning Kaz!

We saw 7 Psychopaths at the cinema, in a really quiet screen - it was great! Colin Farell is pretty underrated.

Dannirr wrote (see)

Iain - full disclosure on Gatsby:  I'm a hoplessly devoted 1920's wanna-be, and I think everything Bas Lerhman does is wonderful.  So my review of Gatsby is not without bias.

I really want to see this, glad you liked it. I love Baz, his films are always beautiful. I'm not allowed to watch Romeo + Juliet with anyone else, I recite too much of the dialogue and it's annoying image

I also want to see The Place Beyond The Pines and the new Star Trek. I feel a cinema trip coming on... The trouble is, Mr KS used to be the projection manager in our local multiplex so he has an aversion to the general public. Although he does have some cool stuff, like an In Bruges promotional t-shirt which says something like 'Someone went to Bruges and got me this f- - - ing shirt', where the censors are bullet holes. 

Maybe this fundraising calendar idea has legs after all....we've got Simon in his wetsuit as Mr January followed by Emmy in nothing but a flag as Miss May. Topless TD for Mr July and Simon again for Mr August. That's 4 months down. 

The big questions is: Who gets to be Christmas?

Can I be June? it's my birthday month image Not sure about my props though. Any ideas? 

I just watched one of my favourite all time films - The Last Unicorn. Has anyone else seen it? It's an animation from the early eighties, with Christopher Lee, Mia Farrow and Jef Bridges as voices. It's brilliant. 

Did 11 miles this morning in prep for my half marathon next weekend. A bird pooed on me! A big, warm, orange offering. It could have been worse. It could have landed on my face and not on my arm. Still, I had to stop and wipe my arm on a tree - if anyone saw me they'd have thought I was daft. Anyone else had that experience?

• Options
    @KeyserSuze wrote (see)
    Can I be June? it's my birthday month image Not sure about my props though. Any ideas? 

A pair of cream cakes....!   image    Go on..  do it..!

Talking of films...  we're off to see the new Star Trek film tonight...  really enjoyed the first one, so hoping this one is equally good.

• Options
    KeyserSuzeKeyserSuze ✭✭✭

Teehee, DV, have you been watching Greggs: it's more than meats the pie? The best advert for Gregges ever... 

I've heard it's equally as good, hope you enjoy it!

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Mmmmmmmm Benedict Cumberbatch.....

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

Star trek was Great!

• Options

Go RR!!! image

Well done Dave and Susie, and ATM.

RS/ MM - Hope your feeling better soon!

TD - great news on the bike ride.

Loving the photos! 

I have had a very busy day in the garden, again. All pruning, weeding, dogs kennel moved(and that took some doing even without him in it!), paving all cleaned with powerwasher.....then I visited my mother.....glutten for punishment or what!!!

Bad news - BF phoned on his way home from Fort William, some silly phucker pulled out in front o him, he swerved and the whole side of the vehicle is smashed in(no doors open ofor nothing. This would be bad enough if it was my car, but its his sons especially adapted disability car. I have a feeliing moods will not be good tonight.image

• Options

Kaz;  I'll leave my thoughts to Clay Davis:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lph564blDz1qk06zvo1_500.jpg

• Options

Oh Kaz honey. That sucks! It'll be cold comfort at the moment because it will be a nuisance no matter what, but is it fully insured?