Options

Overdone it?

Comments

• Options

Going back more than 10 years we used to keep a bottle of champagne in the house for when good things happened but bad things kept happening.

One of these events was when Mrs Skinny had a miscarriage and a week after we decided that we should drink the champagne to stop our run of bad things.

It was slightly embarrassing when the minister from next door decided that an appropriate time had gone by since the event to come round and console us only to find a magnum of champagne in the middle of the floor and two half full glasses in front of us. Made worse by the fact that as a Methodist minister he didn't believe in drinking at all.

However he was a lovely man and our favourite neighbour ever and we all had a laugh about it.

Anyway we now drink any champagne that arrives in our house quickly.

• Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    I don't know why I insist on it. Its something I always had when it was just me and life was simple. Its the one thing from that previous life I am still clinging desperately to and I know the moment I show weakness and drink a bottle without having an immediate replacement, it will be open season.
  • Options

Feeling a bit clueless here but what differentiates a champagne rack from any other bottle rack DT ?

Pete - Hope you're back on thread rather than just popping in. That's a good return to a decent mileage - any tentative racing plans ?

I am well impressed by that 95 year old chap Skinny. The 200m record was taken from this guy. Assuming survival I hesitate to think that I'd have much inclination by then.

• Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    In road races I don't think they go beyond V80. Basically if you are 80 and run a half you have a reasonable chance of a prize as there's rarely more than 2 or 3.

Muddy, the structure of the rack is the same. Its only a champagne rack because I've declared it that and filled it with champagne.
  • Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Some of the wine in my wine rack is better than some of the champagne.

There were loads of V60s (less impressive, I know) in the Cupar 5 the other week. The leading two were just seconds apart! Very exciting.

• Options
    macemace ✭✭✭

We had 2 big boxes of wine delivered unexpectedly to our house yesterday. Presumably due to the delivery man being confused by the slighlty similar street names, although i'd imagine a 5 year old could have worked it out.

I haven't checked but i'm guessing 12 x 1ltr and 12 x 1.5ltr. I can't be bothered to deliver them across town to the correct address or contact the delivery company so i'll sit tight and see what happens.image

• Options
    McFloozeMcFlooze ✭✭✭

Lou and I tend to operate a strict one in, one out policy too.  A bottle comes in, we drink it. 

• Options
    McFloozeMcFlooze ✭✭✭

Ought not to have done my 5 x 600m the day after my medium long run.  Legs were tired and just didn't want to get up to speed.  Took til the second interval to hit 5k pace and missed it again on the last one due to having a road to cross.  The whole lot were a fair bit slower than last weeks 800's as well.  Oh well.  Lesson learned.  

Follow up physio appointment this evening.  

• Options
    Mr VMr V ✭✭✭

Pete – Good to see you clocking some consistent mileage. I’m sure the pace will come back soon enough. Running is definitely a game of patience.

DT – Sounds like you are best shot of that physio! I always take it as a good sign not to go back if a physio suggests ultrasound.

Mcflooze – You’ll probably still get the benefits even if you didn’t quite hit the paces you were hoping to.

• Options
    mace wrote (see)

We had 2 big boxes of wine delivered unexpectedly to our house yesterday. Presumably due to the delivery man being confused by the slighlty similar street names, although i'd imagine a 5 year old could have worked it out.

I haven't checked but i'm guessing 12 x 1ltr and 12 x 1.5ltr. I can't be bothered to deliver them across town to the correct address or contact the delivery company so i'll sit tight and see what happens.image

As you don't drink any more that sounds like a lot of hangovers for Mrs Mace!

• Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

Mr V- I did always find it a bit of a lazy option. The other one i go to is £5 cheaper but he massages, needles and makes any adjustments by manipulation if needed so always leave there feeling like i've had my moneys worth.

Mace- I would quite like that to happen to me!!

• Options
    PeteHewPeteHew ✭✭✭
    muddyfunster wrote (see)

Pete - Hope you're back on thread rather than just popping in. That's a good return to a decent mileage - any tentative racing plans ?

I never left the thread, muddy, just haven't had any exciting news to post recently.  I'm hoping to top 60k this week.  Can't decide whether my comeback race should be Wigan 10k in September or Trafford in March 2016! 

Mr V wrote (see)

Pete – Good to see you clocking some consistent mileage. I’m sure the pace will come back soon enough. Running is definitely a game of patience.

Definitely, Mr V, see my race plans above!  I may be tempted by a parkrun before then, I suppose.

• Options
    McFloozeMcFlooze ✭✭✭

I feel silly.  Terrible recovery run with the buggy.  It felt so hard and sooo slow.  I just put it down to yesterdays intervals. But not even breaking 10mm?! At halfway I even checked to see if maybe the brake was partially on but no.  Four very slow miles later I got back to the car, loaded the baby and dog and then realised the rear left tyre was completely flat.  No wonder!  image

Now I'd very much like my free delivery of 30 litres of wine, please thank you.  

• Options
    McFlooze wrote (see)

I feel silly.  Terrible recovery run with the buggy.  It felt so hard and sooo slow.  I just put it down to yesterdays intervals. But not even breaking 10mm?! At halfway I even checked to see if maybe the brake was partially on but no.  Four very slow miles later I got back to the car, loaded the baby and dog and then realised the rear left tyre was completely flat.  No wonder!  image

image - thanks for sharing

• Options
    Tommy2D wrote (see)

Not running related, but I saw this the other day and thought of lit for some reason...

http://pointless-letters.tumblr.com/post/112806907392/my-house-flooded-three-weeks-later-but-it-was

I just received this in an email from our solicitor - a man of words no less. I am in shock.

'It would of only been around another 2,000 euros and I could of driven down and collected them!'

Twice in one sentence, TWICE!!

• Options
    PeteHewPeteHew ✭✭✭

Aaargh!  Horrible!

• Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Gone are the days when you have to be particularly bright to be a solicitor!!

7.5 miles lunchtime. I spent the morning going to the toilet every 30 minutes to so nerve release stretches and lower leg was considerably better. Need to keep at them.
  • Options
    PeteHew wrote (see)

Aaargh!  Horrible!

I've sent him a link to the Grammar T-shirt - I hope he takes it well!image

• Options
    Skinny Fetish Fan wrote (see)
    PeteHew wrote (see)

Aaargh!  Horrible!

I've sent him a link to the Grammar T-shirt - I hope he takes it well!image

He'll probably sue.

• Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

Anyway....whilst we are on the topic, here is some of my handy work that is going media crazy!!

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/jeremy-clarkson-row-birmingham-employment-8825892

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

On the topic of grammar? Would you like a full critique? image

• Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    All I did was come up with the idea and provide headline points and comments. Our PR company then drafted it and then the paper have altered it a little further. Therefore I am not responsible for any such matters.
  • Options
    literatin wrote (see)

On the topic of grammar? Would you like a full critique? image

imageimageimage - I was waiting for that!

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    DT19 wrote (see)

Anyway....whilst we are on the topic, here is some of my handy work that is going media crazy!!

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/jeremy-clarkson-row-birmingham-employment-8825892

definitely needs more stuff in quotations

• Options
    Tommy2DTommy2D ✭✭✭

My favourite bit of that link is the furious argument in the comments section.

PeteHew wrote (see)

Come on, Tommy, you're my "one to watch" this year.  No false modesty, please, I expect jurassic improvements image.

I will do my best not to let you down, Pete! Good to hear you're over the man flu.

Anybody racing this weekend?

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Me, I am doing the Alloa half marathon. Still have a cough, but am not dying of plague any more so it could be worse.

• Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    I'm doing parkrun. I have no minor ailments either, which is still a novelty feeling.

I couldn't have asked for a better smart arse than Mikey to come along and stir it up.
  • Options

Well done DT anyway - over 90,000 likes means nothing whatsoever to an old man like me but it must make you feel very proud and popular.

Tommy I am doing a hilly 12.1 mile race on Sunday morning - I have various pacing options with one preferred. It is a little bit 'Cock and Biscuits' so we'll see who turns up and if that affects my plans.

12 more miles out of the way this morning - 221 more to the start line.

• Options

Hi Marrows - I see from another thread that I'm reading all the time at the moment that you did the 5*600m session in almost exactly the same times as me.

Not the greatest guide for marathon time but just wondered what you are aiming for?

• Options
    PeteHew wrote (see)

I never left the thread, muddyjust haven't had any exciting news to post recently.  I'm hoping to top 60k this week.  Can't decide whether my comeback race should be Wigan 10k in September or Trafford in March 2016! 

image Never stops me !  image Definitely try some bits out at parkrun or it'll be a right old shock to the system.

DT19 wrote (see)

Good to see you've gone viral in something other than the usual manner. image

Best of luck and fair weather to this weekends racers - Charlie, Skinny, Tommy, Lit, McFlooze and DT to my recollection ?