Overdone it?

Comments

• Options
    PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

Yeah that works.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1543/26559141505_a83b7ecfa5_c.jpg

• Options
    Tommy2DTommy2D ✭✭✭

A strong look, Phil. Lets hope serious Jim (blue) is as prepared.

Feel a bit full already. Just eaten 3 of the Aldi lemon and raisin pancakes and a couple of slices of So Malty washed down with explosade. Yummy.

Surrounded by coughing colleagues. I'm outta here. Going to the expo tomorrow.

• Options
    McFloozeMcFlooze ✭✭✭

No vest though, Phil.  In a race?! image

• Options
    McFloozeMcFlooze ✭✭✭

Meant to say also, Phil.  We're staying with your clubmate, Rob, the night before, fresh from his stonking run at Brighton.  

• Options
    PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

Ah cool, Rob's recently started flying!  Really pleased for him and I think he'll surprise a few people this year.

I did consider modifying the arms on the shirt although looking at the weather, now I'm thinking of adding sleeves!

• Options
    I've just discovered I still haven't ever run a marathon!

Manchester was 380m short in 2013 to 2015 (don't panic Lou okay this year).

That is really shit because a) it's my only marathon so now haven't done one

And b) I bet London won't accept it now as a GFA.

Well pissed off.
  • Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

was just reading about it Skinny, and about to put something on my thread, and remembered you!

Heck, it's an absolute disgrace.

Maybe they'll offer to "pro rata" it, which would surely be the fair thing to do....presume the 90-120secs or whatever an extra 380metres might have taken would still see you under GFA?

• Options
    Tommy2DTommy2D ✭✭✭

Just seen that Skinny. Apparently it now says 'Shortmara' on PO10 as well. Shambles.

Hope they see sense and do allow it for London, maybe as per SG's suggestion.

• Options
    Perhaps explains the complaints of it being long this year.

How crappy.
  • Options
    macemace ✭✭✭
    380m !!!!!

So it wasn't even 26 miles. That's an horrendous cock up.
  • Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    That is crap, Skinny. How did that happen for three years by that distance without anyone noticing?
  • Options
    MadbeeMadbee ✭✭✭
    Ah no Skinny, that's pants! Hopefully they'll still honour the GFA though if the time can be guessed as being under had it been the right length. I think they did with the short Sunderland marathon in 2013.

In tapering news, everything hurts, Mr Mad has a cold and is being shunned and banished to the spare room, and I am not doing well with the carbs. Only started at lunchtime so does this mean half the recommendation is ok for half the day? I'm working on the 4g per lb rule, can't see how people manage if a lot heavier image and I like carbs and eat plenty normally. Just not anywhere near this much image
  • Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    I m downscaling my plan from 10g to 8.5g which is 600. I'm currently on about 565. I couldn't see me getting to 700 if I had to.

I had a sports massage today. Hip still a bit tight so currently plugged into a device. I had planned a slow 2-3 miler tomorrow but might bin it off.
  • Options
    MadbeeMadbee ✭✭✭
    Ooo, and I also have DT style knitwear for the start line!
  • Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

I have managed 422g and found it strangely unsatisfying for such a large amount of food - I've had to eat way more than I would need to as a small person who didn't go running today, and that was before I cracked and had some tuna with my dinner.

I think that although I wouldn't count a short marathon as a PB out of various marathons I had run, it does instinctively seem to me to 'count' for the purposes of 'I have run a marathon'.

• Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    My usual evening pudding of milk and biscuits has taken me over 600 grams.

Should call some sort of thread egm to hold a secret ballot regarding Skinnys marathon time on the top trumps tableimage
  • Options
    I would count it, but skinny is Lord and master of the top trumps table so his decision is final.
  • Options
    MadbeeMadbee ✭✭✭
    I think I made it to about 350g. Only error was sausages... I agree lit, I was starving mid afternoon after a huge bowl of rice, 2 cereal bars and a load of dried apricots - which is way more calories than I'd normally have for lunch.
  • Options

/members/images/673230/Gallery/Capture_373.PNG

Gold TTT updated to reflect the new distance for Manchester - I decided the TTT should be based on the more exclusive 25.98 distance rather than the marathon which has become a bit devalued by the number of people who run them now.

So Mace loses his gold cell and I get the new 25.98 mile race gold cell.

Hope this is okay with everyone.

Cheers

Skinny 

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Good solution, Skinny. But why not extend the category to all SHORTMARAs? That would introduce an element of competition and strategic planning, as we all tried to identify the shortest course to try and get our best times.

• Options
    McFloozeMcFlooze ✭✭✭

I'm at 320g carbs and I haven't even had lunch or dinner yet.  I'm getting good at this gluttony.  

• Options
    PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

I've started my half-arsed carb-load with a mid-morning snack and all is well.  MsP made some flapjacks from an Anita Bean recipe, so they must be healthy I guess?  image

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

OMG, I'm only at 244 including lunch (which I'm having now), and I've been eating ludicrously carby things like tattie scone butties.

• Options
    McFloozeMcFlooze ✭✭✭

I ate an entire malt loaf.  Washed down with juice.  For a snack.  image

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

I'm having to dilute the juice, cos I had two glasses neat yesterday and it gave me a sugar headache. I think the problem is I just don't really like sweet food that much unless it's ice cream.

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭
  • Options
    macemace ✭✭✭
    Skinny Fetish Fan wrote (see)
    /members/images/673230/Gallery/Capture_373.PNG

Gold TTT updated to reflect the new distance for Manchester - I decided the TTT should be based on the more exclusive 25.98 distance rather than the marathon which has become a bit devalued by the number of people who run them now.

So Mace loses his gold cell and I get the new 25.98 mile race gold cell.

Hope this is okay with everyone.

Cheers

Skinny 

HAHAHA, brilliant !!! I nearly choked on my figs / mango / malt loaf / whatever else i'm shovelling in ... . BURRPPPP !!!

My pooh and wee is turning a nice shade of pink image

Oh, i had a big bowl of porridge this morning ( the chunky oat stuff in the orange and white box, can't remember the name ) with bluberries, sunflower seeds, dried mango, figs and some flaxeed and goji berry stuff i picked up at the expo. Topped off with a light drizzle of honey ..... IMMENSE !!!

• Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    I'm on 378 inc lunch. I had a sugar headache yesterday so today I'm concentrating on rice cakes and pan cakes. Salt and vinegar snack a jacks is just like eating bags of crisps. I'm going for 700 today which I 10g per kg.

I've just bought a load of uncle bens rice pouches. 72 grams in each one, no cooking time and no risk of non carb extras.

It's ok for you PP, you are running at mp plus 1 minute per mile so its just a Sunday morning trot.

Off to gym now for 20 min x trainer and a stretch and spa. I supposed to be preparing a seminar for a talk Wednesday but I cant be expected to concentrate on nonsense like that now!

Got a pretty busy day tomorrow. Have to leave earlier than planned as mother in law is at her caravan in Evesham. Have a table at jamies Italian for lunch, a trip up the shard mid afternoon, a lie down slot 5-7 to watch footy then out for dinner in Covent Garden.
  • Options

Congratulations on acquiring the gold cell Skinny - well deserved.

Maybe you should introduce a new grammes of carb catagory on a temporary basis. Unfortunately I didn't keep track of mine, but I can see the competition really hotting up over the next 36 hrs.

• Options
    DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    I wonder how much if any difference it all actually makes? I've not trained since Wednesday do I'm not depleting the carbs I would naturally take on.