Options

Iron Distance 2012 Training Thread

Comments

• Options
    Little Ninja wrote (see)

Local to Scott yesimage  Not that far away.

Was it yourself who recommended him to me? It was somebody on here but I forgot who image If so... thank you

That's the one RBM. Tbh I wasnt paying too much attention to what was around me as I was panting my way around and trying to concentrate on where to go. 

I have realised that on a new parkrun route that I haven't done before.... it is a stupid idea to go off alone at the front right from the start when you don't know the course. After about 2 minutes I had a bit of a lead and pretty much nearly had to stop and wait for the guys behind to direct me before i made a wrong turn! They had a cyclist for the lead runner but... as he was never introduced to the runners, started quite far ahead to avoid the spint at the beginning, and decided to ride a good 150m in front of me... I just thought it was a guy out for a leisurely cycle in the park. Didnt realise he was leading the run until about 4.5km image

• Options
    Ridgebackmax wrote (see)
    So is the bike topline or do i have to drag the toolbox up to Nottingham image

All good, just bring your bucket and sponge image

• Options
    You're wanting your bro to give you a sponge bath?! :-O
  • Options

Whatever it takes to get round on Sunday image

• Options
    Thats what brothers are for image
  • Options

image But I havn't got a bro to do that for me. image

GB (((hugs))) hope your ok mate.

• Options

Great North Swim was cancelled on Saturday, gutted image.  I was really looking forward to it.

Hotel in lakes was already booked and paid for, so we went up anyway, and had a nice weekend, I did a Tree Top Trek (bit like Go Ape), which was good fun especially the 250m zip wire at the end image

Just back from 30mins fast-ish running, it felt great to blow a few cobwebs away. I'm off to Salford tonight to make up for missing out on Windemere on Saturday.

Not long now..........and why can't i stop eating, arrrghhhh

• Options

I need to stop eating. I haven't weight this much in weeks!

• Options
    SnailMK wrote (see)

Ear infection image. Like someone is stabbing me in the ear with a sharp pencil. No doubt due to some horrible lake water stuck in my ear.

Do want me to bring the duck.....?

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

I have just started getting myself organised and it would appear that I own five number belts.  I'm a bit superstitious and I like to use the one I have used for years and I also have a favoured spare. 

So, I have three spare belts.  Two of the remainder are stil in packets, one isn't.  If anyone doesn't own a number belt and would like one, please let me know and I'll hand it over on Saturday.  One of them is a fuel belt with spaces for gels, the other two don't.

• Options

Its better than owning 5 shoes    image

• Options

GB - Glad it's helped image

• Options

You're all a bit funky at the moment, aren't you? Not long now. Very much looking forward to being at Outlaw to support the lovely and wonderful Muffin Top (and the rest of you) with our kids. We'll be on the bank of the lake opposite the "clubhouse" from mid afternoon. Seemed like the best place to support the run last year.

• Options

Possibly the last OW swim for t'Outlaw today. Was going to do 3km, but shoulder creaking on the third lap. Looking forward to the 30 min easy swim Thur...

• Options

2nd proper OW swim for me with RBM and Flowerpwer. Really boosted confidence. All I need now is to learn what a straight line is. Fortunatelty for all, as I am a slowww swimmer you won't have to contend with the mobile chicane that is me!! I am sure I will do the longest swim of the day,

• Options
    SnailMK wrote (see)
    Ridgebackmax wrote (see)
    So is the bike topline or do i have to drag the toolbox up to Nottingham image

All good, just bring your bucket and sponge image

Toolbox would be handy as well!!

• Options

Final swim tonight, a mile OW at Thorpe, mad at work now till Friday. And yesterday, via the miracle of X rays and private medical, I finally got to the bottom of why my back hurts so much on the bike. I am told I broke my back a while ago, it was never diagnosed and it healed up badly with everything out of alignment. Thing is, I can't remember when, or how.

• Options
    Dustboy wrote (see)

Final swim tonight, a mile OW at Thorpe, mad at work now till Friday. And yesterday, via the miracle of X rays and private medical, I finally got to the bottom of why my back hurts so much on the bike. I am told I broke my back a while ago, it was never diagnosed and it healed up badly with everything out of alignment. Thing is, I can't remember when, or how.

OMG, not the sort of thing you hear everyday, nor the sot of thing you forget easily I would think!!

• Options
    spongecakespongecake ✭✭✭
    Dustboy,must have done it on a good night out.
  • Options

Ive had mysterious bruises and various "beer injuries" over the years, but I'm sure even I would remember a broken back!! Dustboy - have you ever had a bad fall off your bike, that might explain it?

I did my last OW swim on Monday. 2k took me 58mins, which confirmed that in all likelihood I'll be one of the last out of the water and very close to the cut at Outlaw, but nevermind, it is what it is now, I'm not going to get any faster between now and then image.

Meant to get up early and do a bike ride this morning, but had an early morning attack of cba'd and turned off the alarm.

I think I'll spend this evening faffing with my kit and washing my bike, so that she looks gorgeous for sunday image

• Options

Oh dear DB... Better bring your zimmerframe along then image

• Options
    Dustboy wrote (see)

Good grief DB!

Did they say if there was anything they could do long term for you?

• Options
    Dustboy wrote (see)

Blimey. At least you have an excuse for faffing in transition nowimage

• Options

DustBoy, thats dreadful. Good luck woth the pain management and bike leg, in some ways it will be even harder now you know the reason.

• Options
    DB you will go well on sunday as it appears you are impervious to pain image

I an currently fighting a stinking head cold again image according to Flowerpower I sounded like a walrus at the OW last night image seemed to be swimming well but breathing was a problem
  • Options

Little OW swim for me last night. Getting excited and nervous. Anyone else having trouble concentrating on anything not triathon related?

DB, you are hardcore image

• Options

DB Ye gods man, it must have been one hell of a night

Was meant to swim today but went to pub with workmates, may do a little mile swim tomorrow.

• Options

DD, when does the cold weather acclimatisation begin?

• Options

Me too RBM - just telling myself should pass in 3 to 5 days which takes me to saturday night!!!

Yep NV - work is dragging but actually all I want to do is sleep currently!