Options

'Round The Coast Of Great Britain Run

Comments

• Options

that is it wrinkly-if we all did similar and have another go on Scottish threads -it will all helpimage

good idea re flyerimage

better ask Bruce on the logo one image

• Options
    posting the links above so coasters can have a look at how we are all doing and where we need to focus on . It is starting to look good already image Any ideas about getting more trainers on coast are most welcome.
  • Options

Another late night Hoose??

Good to see the gaps becoming fewer - just need to find someone to share my mammoth leg with me..... 

• Options
    Dont worry Camlo -you have the luxury of time and such. I am certain there will be loads with youimage
  • Options

Do you ever sleep Hoose, you are always on here.

Going to meet with Poorly next week give her some flyers to hand out round where she lives.

I need the Blackpool runners to look at the first draft routes and provide feedback and comments, if possible. I might give some of my route a try out this weekend.

• Options

You know what the great bit of this event is? We are going to be glued to our computers waiting for Barry to get to us and after when we can just chill and we have gained our place in The Coasters Roll of Honour when our stretch is complete. This event lasts months not hours and we all have a stake in it.

I suspect there wont be just one big party at the end of it but 20 little celebrations as Barry finishes.

We may have to decide who we want to play us when they make the film or play about us nuttersimage

• Options

Hi SJ  -great stuff re flyers.

Yes I do sleep but have had some problems at times. Thankfully I dont work full time so have time-lolimage

• Options

This is the latest summary of the last few pages. A copy has been sent to Bruce this morning for the website:

Updates - Mon, 08 Feb 2010  

As you may already know, Vicki’s logo is the winner of the Logo Competition and this is now our official Logo and is already featured on the website.  There is just the minor issue of changing the ‘T’ to a straight ‘T’.

The Coastal Relay is getting big and there are many issues to address and things to organise in a more structured manner.  We are looking for some willing coasters to make up a committee that would be the driving force behind the scene, about 6-8 coasters.  Currently we have:

Hoose
    Bruce
    K4T
    Wrinkly

Who else would be interested?  Please email through the website or register your interest on the main thread.

We are going to target the promotion of first six legs from now until April, especially the Scottish stretches.  If anyone has any contacts or are in other runner’s forums, please do your utmost best to invite runners to participate.

Below is an extract from Hoose’s post in the main thread:

Blackpool-Gretna has produced an excellent flyer for the event. I now want those involved in the first few stretches to do the same. Either contact Blackpool-Gretna about an adaptation of theirs or “create your own”.  This is the stage (having said God knows how many times) where “all” could help in promotion for these few legs, if not in the planning.  I have made some contacts but numerous other contacts via email, or on “other” running sites, organisations and radio stations will give event more visibility.  THIS IS THE TIME TO REALLY GET NOTICED IF YOU ALL WANT THIS TO HAPPEN.  Start thinking beyond your bit please!!

If each did a little bit we will cover a lot of ground,

SPJC14 has responded admirably by doing some flyers for Poorly to hand out around where she lives. The issue of insurance has been surfacing recently by some concerned coasters.  The decision is to leave individual coasters to make their own arrangement should they feel the need to insure themselves against public liability.  (Please see FAQ on the website about this.)  
  • Options

Excellent Runnaholicimage

I am going to re-emphasize the importance of stepping out of your own stretch thread and  looking where the big gaps are in the early legs.  This run is not simply a collection of isolated stretches but a collection of interdependent stretches. One fails to fill up enough -all our hard  work will be for nothing. We all have a stake in every stretch
    http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/354146/Gallery/4989577647a6163937657m.jpg
  • Options
    Runnaholic wrote (see)

This is the latest summary of the last few pages. A copy has been sent to Bruce this morning for the website:

As you may already know, Vicki’s logo is the winner of the Logo Competition and this is now our official Logo and is already featured on the website.  There is just the minor issue of changing the ‘T’ to a straight ‘T’.

The Coastal Relay is getting big and there are many issues to address and things to organise in a more structured manner.  We are looking for some willing coasters to make up a committee that would be the driving force behind the scene, about 6-8 coasters.  Currently we have:

Hoose
    Bruce
    K4T
    Wrinkly

Who else would be interested?  Please email through the website or register your interest on the main thread.

We are going to target the promotion of first six legs from now until April, especially the Scottish stretches.  If anyone has any contacts or are in other runner’s forums, please do your utmost best to invite runners to participate.

Blackpool-Gretna has produced an excellent flyer for the event. I now want those involved in the first few stretches to do the same. Either contact Blackpool-Gretna about an adaptation of theirs or “create your own”.  This is the stage (having said God knows how many times) where “all” could help in promotion for these few legs, if not in the planning.  I have made some contacts but numerous other contacts via email, or on “other” running sites, organisations and radio stations will give event more visibility.  THIS IS THE TIME TO REALLY GET NOTICED IF YOU ALL WANT THIS TO HAPPEN.  Start thinking beyond your bit please!!

SPJC14 has responded admirably by doing some flyers for Poorly to hand out around where she lives. The issue of insurance has been surfacing recently by some concerned coasters.  The decision is to leave individual coasters to make their own arrangement should they feel the need to insure themselves against public liability.  (Please see FAQ on the website about this.)  
  • Options
    i will join your team hoose, i did suggest it on the Blackppol-gretna forum but got no response. But to be truthful it was stephen ashcroft that suggested i set one up. Away i am more than happy to be apart of this team, trying to push the run.
  • Options

excellent SJ -nice to have you on boardimage

Hoose

Bruce

K4T

Wrinky

SJPC

(secretary -Runnaholic)

• Options
    Just been looking for the "website" you keep making reference too, But can't
  • Options
    image Yes...don't forget the SECRETARY!image
  • Options
    Bruce, did you get my email on the updates? I sent it to the coasters email address this morning for your attention.
  • Options

Excellent Runnaholicimage

I am going to re-emphasize the importance of stepping out of your own stretch thread and  looking where the big gaps are in the early legs.  This run is not simply a collection of isolated stretches but a collection of interdependent stretches. One fails to fill up enough -all our hard  work will be for nothing. We all have a stake in every stretch

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/354146/Gallery/4989577647a6163937657m.jpg

• Options

Haven't received anything yet, which email did you send it to? 

Ah! did you send it to the news@coasters address, as that one is redirected to your own email.

• Options
    it is in coastersgb email Bruceimage
  • Options

GREAT NEWS FOLKS!image

managed to get a little piece I did on Jogging Buddy home page (we did it runnaholicimage). Good on the publicity front eh? We will give em a mention and a piece on our website too, I reckonimage

http://www.joggingbuddy.co.uk/

• Options
    Well I got on Annan runners website and posted tooimage
  • Options

Here is runnaholics summary that seems to have disappeared from where it once was and now has lost its accessibility to all. As it contains important stuff-I have boinged it back here  

Hoose
    Bruce
    K4T
    Wrinkly

SPJC14 has responded admirably by doing some flyers for Poorly to hand out around where she lives. The issue of insurance has been surfacing recently by some concerned coasters.  The decision is to leave individual coasters to make their own arrangement should they feel the need to insure themselves against public liability.  (Please see FAQ on the website about this
  • Options

yup will get the 'Coasters Updates' pages up in the next day or so, unfortunately got to the stage now where things are growing a bit so need to 'tweak' the menu system to allow for more pages, shouldn't take too long though.

• Options

Excellent summary Runnaholic and great news getting a slot on the Jogging Buddy site. imageimage (Only a small thing but any chance they could use our Coasters Run GB logo? It'll help keep the Coasters message and image consistent as it gets more publicity).

• Options
    Read the jogging buddy article it is really well done, who wrote that? As we may need you for soemthing else.
  • Options
    me SJimage  (using me proper riting skils I have in reyul life)
  • Options
  • Options
    I thought Hoose wrote that?!image