Options

Crap at relationships

Comments

• Options
    Hahaha, i'm glad you didn't see it then! I swithered whether to post that, but thought you might prefer to know. Obviously not, so i'll keep such details to myself in future image Great result in spite of the hill TP. Sounds like you nailed it image
  • Options

Not really.  Full race report in the Runners Arms or Kitchen.

The hill actually worked in that it improved the variety of the course and it was even more scenic than before.

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Just spent the last 20 odd mins reading loads of this  back, quite a good thread!

I've never been too fussed about finding an other half, and find the types who can't be single for more than a day odd. Find it odd some people are so reliant on having a partner.

I think it was one of the characters in Peep Show who said being in a relationship means you have to spent time doing stuff you hate!

Having said that, if a non nut job normal woman comes onto the scene, I'd be pleased, but won't just "settle" for anyone. Always think the phrase settle down says it all, as if you're settling for someone rather than being happy with a good match.

Running 70miles a week, refusing to drink dance or laugh also doesn't help my cause though image

Maybe at 29, this is my period to make the most of my running, or maybe I'm not a relationshippy person!

• Options
    I will always hold the model that Tim Burton and Helena Bonham-Carter have for their marriage as sounding like a pretty good idea: adjoining houses, so that they have a home of their own each, with a central shared area.

And Stevie, define non-nut job? I know many that define our running schedules as pretty nutty image
  • Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

I suppose a non nut job is someone who doesn't play games, hasn't got stacks of baggage, or underlying issues. Doesn't see getting boozed up as the peak of life's experience, and hasn't got carnal knowledge of half of the town!

This is going to be harder than I thought image

• Options
    Hahaha, Stevie. Your description of a non-nut job woman could be turned into a description of a non-nut job man, although I think saying 'a man that isn't an arse' sounds better than 'nut-job' for the males of the species image I think when you hit 30s and above, you'll be hard pushed to meet someone of either sex that doesn't have any baggage at all though, sadly.

Frodo, I've got married pals that keep separate houses, and it works a treat for them. I think TB & HB-C have got the right idea though image
  • Options
    But there's baggage which sits nicely in the corner of the room, you know it's there but it doens't get in the way of everything.  Then there is baggage which people carry around like a shell on their back and which gets swung round like an over-laden rucksack and smacks you in the face every 5 mins ....
  • Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Exactly Tickled Pink. Not expecting them just to have sat in a room drinking tepid water, but some stuff is unpalletable.

And Lee the Pea, nut jobs come in either gender...but I'm after a woman which is why I went for the female nutjob description!

• Options
    Well put TP,

I think if someone doesn't have a past of some description when they reach their late twenty's/30's surely there has to be something not quite right, could have been a monk (now fallen) I suppose. But honestly, surely some baggage/past is a good thing, a bit of life and relationship experience and all that. Its been a while but I know relationships can be pretty tough going at times.

Stevie G, what's so bad about laughing????! image
  • Options

Wot TP said.  Second time around it's about finding someone who's had a look over the fence and realises that the grass isn't greener, and wants the same stuff long term.

A whole new meaning to matching luggage.

• Options
    x-post Merrylegs but same thought process
  • Options

Noooo, matching luggage is akin to a couple wearing matching jumpers or jackets .... that is taking togetherness a bit toooo far for my liking.

What is so bad about laughing?  It's what keeps me sane most days image

• Options
    Its the ONLY way I get through the day!!
  • Options
    Stevie G . wrote (see)
    Having said that, if a non nut job normal woman comes onto the scene, I'd be pleased, but won't just "settle" for anyone. Always think the phrase settle down says it all, as if you're settling for someone rather than being happy with a good match.

Running 70miles a week, refusing to drink dance or laugh also doesn't help my cause though image

image Your not supposed to drink dance or laugh if you do 70 plus miles a week (i'm includeing the bike before pea starts.image)? Why didn't I get the memo?

image IS there such a thing as a none nut job woman? No disrespect to ladies especially the ones that know me and might smack me in the face after saying that. image

• Options
    * Frodo * wrote (see)
    I will always hold the model that Tim Burton and Helena Bonham-Carter have for their marriage as sounding like a pretty good idea: adjoining houses, so that they have a home of their own each, with a central shared area.

I think that actually sounds like a pretty good idea. Separate kitchens and bathrooms, definitely.

• Options
    Tickled Pink wrote (see)
    But there's baggage which sits nicely in the corner of the room, you know it's there but it doens't get in the way of everything.  Then there is baggage which people carry around like a shell on their back and which gets swung round like an over-laden rucksack and smacks you in the face every 5 mins ....
    Good description. The reason people keep clouting others with their rucksack is because they're not aware that it's there, I think
  • Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    ok the laughing bit was a clear joke. The rest wasn't though!
  • Options

hmmm... in my mind 'settling down' and 'settling for 2nd best' are very different things.

and running 70 miles a week is not a problem whatsoever,... not being able to take a joke, a complete inability to let your hair down, a complete absence of a sense of humour, and being permanently grumpy and critical certainly would be...

• Options

Stevie G . wrote (see)

You can't make jokes about laughing ... 'tis a very serious matter image

*Walks off into distance laughing demonically nut-job stylee*

• Options
    image “Never take yourself to seriously because everybody known’s fat birds don’t fly!” Err stick it up puck it’s the fun loving criminals! image
  • Options

LOL love that track!!

Too right though, there is NOTHING worse than someone who takes themself way too serious and who can never take a joke.

C & I are forever taking the pish out of each other and we laugh loads... and that's how it's meant to be.

• Options
    Parklife wrote (see)

Stevie G . wrote (see)

You can't make jokes about laughing ... 'tis a very serious matter image

*Walks off into distance laughing demonically nut-job stylee*

that made me lol Parklife

I am Slogging too , hoping to run but if not supporting and eating - new hill?imageimage

• Options
    Fear not LJB, the new hill was in the Aviemore Half not in the Slog image
  • Options

Phew cheers TP - trying to speed read during lunch hourimage

And to save typing on another thread - I thought the Bookease on the Apprentice was diabolical and am disappointed that Diva Feva have gone.

... end of threads hijack...image

• Options
    Ah yes the 'baggage...'

It's how you carry it and as Mike says, you need to know it's there in the first place... come to think of it, I've not had my bag carried for a while now.

(This thread needs the tone lowering - and I'm just the man to do it)

I did the 'internet dating' once; about 6 years ago - I mean official (Not like on here) I paid a subscription and everything.

I had 6 different dates; with 6 different women. (One lasted three months another 6 months)

Date 1. Unknown to me she took me to her husband's local to get him jealous, which he did and threatened me with a barstool when she went the loo.

Date 2. Talked about her ex non stop for 6 hours telling me what a bastard he was and then broke down in tears back at her place telling me she still loved him

Date 3. Got two dates with this woman; really liked her she was funny, sexy and interesting - she told me she really liked me... and so did her partner who was sat at the next table (Wave) and would I like to go up to their room to 'party'. (Wasn't even tempted... he had a beard - yuk!)

Date 4. Really liked her - saw her for 3 months... but her ex came back on the scene and I gave her a choice - she picked the wrong one

Date 5. Actor - you'll know her face but not her name, she's been a bit player in about half a dozen dramas from 'Holby Blue' to 'Bad Girls'. I couldn't keep up with her demands (No not 'those' ones... though, thinking about it). She worked in theatre quite a lot and would phone me pissed at 3-4AM four or five nights a week because she was lonely - she was an alcoholic and very emotionally and physically draining (I've kept in touch and she's still a good friend - though at a distance)

Date 6. I couldn't work this one out, I had three or four brilliant dates with her and then one day out of the blue she turned up at my workplace and told me she knew I was seeing someone else, she knew who it was and I was a complete and utter bastard for stringing her along - all not true. She'd not let me explain otherwise

So... I've given up on the internet dating... there's too many 'broken' people... heck, I'm probably one myself.

• Options

Blimey Corrie - what the hell did you put on the form about yourself to get THAT lot?image

I've just discovered an interesting fact about relationships. When your beloved goes working away from home and you're alone all week, chocolate is NOT your friend and your arse gets significantly bigger in a very short space of time.

Now I am off to do something about it.image

• Options
    LIVERBIRD wrote (see)

I've just discovered an interesting fact about relationships. When your beloved goes working away from home and you're alone all week,

Isn't that what the milkman and post man arrive to take care of ?

• Options
    Corinthian wrote (see)
    Date 5. Actor - you'll know her face but not her name, she's been a bit player in about half a dozen dramas from 'Holby Blue' to 'Bad Girls'. I couldn't keep up with her demands (No not 'those' ones... though, thinking about it). She worked in theatre quite a lot and would phone me pissed at 3-4AM four or five nights a week because she was lonely - she was an alcoholic and very emotionally and physically draining (I've kept in touch and she's still a good friend - though at a distance)
    image I think this is most actors dude. I used to go out with someone who was on emerdale for a bit not saying which one but still mates so LB can stalk her on farsebook and find out. Sounds like her other than the alco part.
  • Options
    "hmmm... in my mind 'settling down' and 'settling for 2nd best' are very different things."

I agree with you there Nam...however, it can be hard to know who is 2nd best when you are feeling lonely. It all goes back to the human need to want to share life with someone special. From the personal experience of being with the wrong person, for too long, for the wrong reasons (aka loneliness) I have now learned that i'm good on my own (rather than with a nutjob/or the wrong non-nut job person!) I had to learn that lesson the hard way tho. Sorry not sure i've articulated myself very well there!
  • Options

Corinth!  You live an exciting life. image  What an interesting and varied selection of dates.  I don't understand why the women who were still hung-up on their exes were out there looking.  They could potentially be setting themselves up for double pain further down the line and they need to take into account the feelings of the people they meet on the site.

No 3 made me laugh and reminded me of a works Christmas do a friend went to.  Just to set the scene, he's a big, broad-shouldered builder with a strong North Yorkshire accent with no gay inclinations.  Anyway after the do, everyone decamped to a hotel bar where some of the partygoers were staying.  My pal's next memory is of waking up in the morning naked in a 4-poster bed with a female work colleague and her husband.  image  As he quietly slid out of the bed to grab his clothes and go, a male voice called out "and where do you think you're going?".  He muttered something about having to be somewhere but had to return 10 mins later because he'd left his coat on the back of the door with his wallet inside. image