Options

Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• Options

steady - you have already done an 86miler in awful weather this year! It isn't much further, you can build it up no problem and be brilliant. I promise to speed up my swim and not be so crap to make sure there is even more time for the bike...

first club swim in ages image hard but done

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

Spoke with next door who did the bike leg for me in my relay team, he convinced me that your fresh swim will set me up nicely and even if I took my time Buttercup would still be able to run the marathon in time.  Wibble over.

MC you are quite right in that having done 86 in awful weather almost total non drafting then by next year it is possible.

• Options

from the bike cutoff there is still 7 hours for the marathon - so even if you took all the way to the cutoff buttercup could WALK the marathon and still finish in time. You will be fine. Remember that because you are not doing the swimming, you won't be tired already from the swimming, no need to worry about faffing in transition and losing time there. 

• Options

image You will be fine Steady image if I can do it you can do it! 

• Options

You'll be fine Steady, if you can do 86 you can do 112, you'll just keep going. Don't worry!

Havent done much lately, a few commutes by bike but that's all. So went swimming on Thursday for first time this year! Also decided on a longer ride so left home its morning at 6:30 and got a nice 92 miler in. Legs are now shot and I'm now curled up on the sofa eating cake, that's ok now isn't it? 

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

Rocco, wow, that is some bike ride. Cake for recovery purposes is perfectly acceptable, just remember to do some stretching.

• Options

Did my first couch 2 5K session today. Running is not the one. Definitely the one i'm going to have to put most work into. 

Why, oh why did I sign up to do a 10km run in November.  

• Options

image you will fine - consistency is more important than speed right now image

• Options
    I started with couch 2 5k in 2011 and look where it's got me had a fantastic time at the Vitruvian yesterday with the pirate crew. I think I got the honour of last pirate home. Was far tougher than outlaw half but oddly enjoyable in a masochistic kind of way.
  • Options

well done Ali

rp - with running it feels so hard when you first start, but slowly and gradually you can build it up. If I can run then anyone can

a few hours out on the MTBs with the family today and we bumped into Little Sister. Had lunch in the forest and we are all knackered now image

swimming tonight though

• Options

crikey Rocco, that was some ride. 

Ali - does not matter who is last, it matters who gets off their butts and tries. Well done! I did a hill race today and was 5th from last overall. Still got the tshirt and cake. 

• Options

Steady/Camlo - thanks, the cake was perfect recovery food. I know I can plod out the distance now but it's taking up too much time in terms of recovery at the moment. Pulled something at the back of my knee which is now going to stop me doing anything for a few days. So thinking of just concentrating on shorter and faster sessions.

Ali - the last place is a very hotly contested competition in the Tour de France. Its a big honour! Plus just think how many people you have beaten you are still sat on their arse watching TV image

• Options

You get the biggest cheers if you are the last Pirate standing image and they are most welcome!

• Options

image Ali nice one sorry saw you there but did get a chance to say hello we needed to get back in time for doctor who. Saturday was stupidly windy on that bike and was boiling hot by the time you did the run so far from good conditions. Very well done. imageimageimage

• Options

Hi... I apologise for having been absent. Things cropped up! And then kept cropping up! Plus, I've done no real training in the last few weeks! I know I suck image

Mr Digger did a HIM yesterday and rocked it for his first one. I am crazy proud! Gutted I wasn't there competing too image  I did Marshall and it was tough.. Lots of shouting, traffic, bikes and runners all at the same time! Plus, I got sunburnt (seriously). My face today is crazy swollen and I have proper piggy eyes. Not a happy girl image.

It appears I have been included in a plan to do The 226 next year. Better get my cycling cracking on! :0 

Hello again everyone, hope all good. Steady - rockin it image As you will at Outlaw image

Rpitchfo - you enter to have something to aim for, complete and feel super smashing about yourself image

• Options

MrsD heard about the Mr he kicked bottom! image

• Options

Stupidly long race report up on The Vit thread, but I suggest at least tea and cake before trying to read it. Cake I think I saw you on the run? I Pb'd image  Happy day.

• Options

MrsD you do not suck! Oh, exciting about the 226 image and if you are training with MrD then you will be fab! He is doing really well

Ali - well done, I'll read your report when I have some cake image

going for my long run later, seems weird to head out in the afternoon for a long run but I couldn't leave the kids this morning to do it

Nervous about starting my new job tomorrow, I always wonder when they will figure out what a fraud I am! No-one has ever found out yet so should be able to get byimage

• Options

Lol I have the nervous too MC image 

• Options

Top bombing Ali! Any excuse for cake is a good one image

Cake - he was chuffed beating Barlos! image He's annoying me now how well he's doing image

Oo... Good luck with jobs ladies image

• Options
    AliBear30 wrote (see)

Stupidly long race report up on The Vit thread, but I suggest at least tea and cake before trying to read it. Cake I think I saw you on the run? I Pb'd image  Happy day.

image I was shouting at you from the glassy knoll. image

MC less of that talk you will do brilliantly and Mrs D Barlos probably stopped for a few fag breaks so don't worry his times was a bit quick through. image

• Options
    MrsDigger (aka sicknote) wrote (see)

He's annoying me now how well he's doing image

Only one way to change that! image Trying to convince Allsorts that the 226 would be a perfect first IM. So may be joining you next year

• Options

Had a bit of a hankering today to go for a run after work but my right knee has felt sore since my weekend ride. So made a big conscious effort to stretch it today, did 2 nice stretches inbetween each patient and by home time it was feeling better. Straight home, change and back out to the boating lake for a nice flat run. Ended up doing my longest ever run of 7 miles! Had to walk twice for total of 90 seconds so I'm rather happy. Did 10k in around 1:08 so not too much work to get that under the hour. Legs are trashed now so need to make a date with the foam roller of doom image

• Options

As they say it takes Allsorts image

• Options

well done rocco

buttercup - when do you start? you will be brill image
    had a long run today but ended up having to walk a lot because my calf/achillies area was hurting

it is now wrapped in an iced flannel image bit worried about York marathon now

• Options

50 lengths tonight - made the error of watching some youtube tutorials on triathlon swimming. So tried to incorporate some rotation into my "technique", threw me for a while but i'll get the hang of it. Also built up the consecutive lengths so happy with that.

Bike tomorrow.

• Options

Girls that Tri, that is MC, myself and SuckitupButtercup are in a relay team for outlaw next year.

RP Rome was not built in a day and all that, gradual improvements are good. My swim this morning was better than it has been for ages, the legs actually seemed to be doing some forward propulsion.

• Options

Rp just build it up gradual and all that if you have any weakness's swimming nows the perfect time to work on your tecnect over winter.

Err I googled local races for brum earlier today and one of the ones that came up looked interesting. Based in the cotswold's didn't realise it was that near. mmmmm?  

• Options

image yay!! Outlaw relay  image

first day in new job went well image