Options

Cheshire Traithlon, May 22nd

Comments

• Options
    Big Al 123 wrote (see)
    All finishing around the same time then, no waiting around to go the pub. Great image
    <cough> - well apart from one.  Its going to take me at least 5:30.  I'll see you in the pub - mines a pint.
  • Options
    Oooops, sorry. We can postpone the beers to cheer you on image
  • Options
    Big Al 123 wrote (see)
    All finishing around the same time then, no waiting around to go the pub. Great image

image Last marafun I did was about 5.20 but I had got the coach up to newcastle, not slept and the snow put me off a little. image

Soup we both know that if you are stuggleing I will find you and talk rubbish to you till you cross the finish line. It's the rules. image Thats assuming you don't finish before me. 

• Options
    Well, either way we'll all finish so job well done.
  • Options
    Just had a breakthrough with my swimming, managed to do 500m continuously and as a double whammy did it in under 11:30!! image
    I have to say it wasn't the most elegant or fishlike style but I got through it all the same so I'm a happy bunny, only another 2 miles to add to that now and I'm flying image
  • Options

image Whoop! Well done, Al image

(I am yet, however, to get into a pool image)

• Options
    Thanks Frodo, I think you'll need to do it soon if you're hoping for Outlaw next year image
  • Options
    Job interviews come first, then I'll worry about whether I still sink in water or not image
  • Options

image Al

Just in case and don't think you guys will be interested but sorting out some openwater near sheffield for this sunday. Got a mate needing experiance and going to take them down to a spot I know on the river Derwant that the folks have never objected to me using for practice before. Will only be a short swim and all that.

• Options
    Cheers Cake but I'm working this weekend. Would have enjoyed that too image
  • Options
    image There will be other times matey.
  • Options
    It would certainly appear so, I've got a lot of swim sessions ahead of me image
  • Options
    You can count me in for Outlaw next year, I'm doing it 100%
    Had some crap news over the weekend, a good friend and colleague of mine passed away. He was only 51 and one of the most energetic and enthusiastic men I've ever met but he found out he had cancer over Christmas.
    I'm going to do it to raise funds for Christies cancer charity who supported him and his wife throughout the whole horrible process.
    So now I don't care how my training goes I'm gonna do it and I'm gonna finish it come hell or high water. Bring it on!!!
  • Options
    Big Al can you stick up the link for the charity on here matey? Not been shouting about it but mum's got cancer at the moment she's had some very good news about the timescale but not the outcome. Why I've been wearing Marie currie flowers for all my races for a bit.
  • Options
    Thats rubbish for your Mum and her family and friends mate image It's such a shitty disease which eventually affects everyone in some capacity so the more cash raised the more research can be done to fight it.
    I can't think of any better incentive to spur me on.
  • Options

((Cake and Big Al))  - just because I can image

My Outlaw decision is pending... image

• Options

You have plenty of time decide Frodo image 

When will you know the outcome of your job applications?

• Options

I hear tonight if I made the second round on Friday.

If I haven't, I am definitely attempting Outlaw - the nature of my profession means that if this comes to nothing there will be no move of jobs for me until next April at the very earliest.

• Options
    What do you do? Or would you rather not say on here because you'd have to kill us all?!!!! image
    Either way, good luck, although it's win/ win now isn't it?! Job move/ Outlaw image
  • Options
    Win/win was the take I have on the situation image
    I can't say on a public forum, not because of what I do, but where in particular I work.
  • Options
    image  Afraid have to agree with Frodo there are something’s you can’t talk about on Forums due to the possibly of bad things. But lets face it young lady your doing outlaw, I know where you live now and everything. image  Al it’s a sh*tter but everybody goes sometime, it’s more important to live what time you have instead of when you leave if that makes sense. On the plus side I get first dibs on her record collection. *in case anyone reading this doesn’t know me that’s a joke*
  • Options

((((Big Al, Cake)))   Rotten news. image

But sounds like you all need to get yourself on the Outlaw list here.

And the kit thread is here

Bring it on......I want to be an Outlaw.

• Options
    Just had the news from the people I interviewed for image
    So looks like I'll be Outlaw-ing then image
  • Options
    *Frodo* wrote (see)
     I can't say on a public forum, not because of what I do, but where in particular I work.

I understand, you never know what weirdo is lurking image

*Frodo* wrote (see)
    Just had the news from the people I interviewed for image So looks like I'll be Outlaw-ing then image

never mind and congratulations

Cake wrote (see)
     Al it’s a sh*tter but everybody goes sometime, it’s more important to live what time you have instead of when you leave if that makes sense. On the plus side I get first dibs on her record collection. *in case anyone reading this doesn’t know me that’s a joke*

I agree, you can't beat a good record collection (and seeing as none of you that well that was also a joke) image

and also I agree with you matey,  I try and take as many opportunties as I can.

Soup Dragon wrote (see)

But sounds like you all need to get yourself on the Outlaw list here.

And the kit thread is here

Bring it on......I want to be an Outlaw.

I'm on it image

• Options
    And on a more positive note, I may be getting a new full carbon bike imageimage (well, new to me at least) I need to flog mine on first though if anyone knows a potential buyer? It's a Trek 1.7 triple, 62 cm alloy frame with carbon forks it's for 6' and over really (I made an expensive error when I bought it as I'm only 5'10" but I've used it for a couple of years without any trouble) I've had it from new and it's been serviced every 6-12 months since I bought it. The bike has been very well maintained. I think it's a 2008 model but I'll have to check. The groupset is 105 and it's had a new chain and rear cassette in the last 6 months. It's been well ridden but not excessively and has some minor marks/ wear and tear ( cable rub on the frame, frayed bar tape etc) Any more questions then fire away, I can also supply as many pictures as you want.
  • Options

Al afraid I’m to small for the bike. I should whisper this I may be getting a carbon bike myself soon, going to build one up from spare parts from a mates work. image

Right oh should be at Salford Wednesday night and will make sure I take the spare wetsuit I have with me. Is a slight issue as thought the yip had been sorted but when I got it out the other day it was still dodgy. I’m going to ask the suit hire people if they can fit a new zip on it Wednesday. Sorry for not checking this properly when said I had a spare. Need it fixing anyway so if they can’t do it will ever try somewhere else or if you want to take it straight away and sort yourself that’s cool by me as long as I’m paying the bill when you get it. Sorry for the faff. image
  • Options
    You're doing me the favour remember?! image I'll get the zip sorted if it can be done.
    As for the bike, I'll put it on e bay. Just thought I'd offer it up on here first as I'd rather she went to someone who'll look after her image
  • Options

not a big favour matey. Right all set for popping over tonight and will take the suit with me just in case.

• Options
    Big Al 123 wrote (see)
    *Frodo* wrote (see)

I understand, you never know what weirdo is lurking image

I thought you had met Cake ?
  • Options

Errr it think you will find there are weirder/scarier folks than us for two very different but similar reasons me and Frodo both have Advanced CRB checks and have to engage brains sometimes on a open to any nutter website. This will be the first and last serious post I will ever give.

On a lighter note took the wetsuit to Salford and also asked the wetsuit hire folks if they can sort it. They just told me to take it to royles like everybody else. Al it’s presently at Steve’s Ho’s office in the middle on manc. Sure we can get it to you matey. image