Options

PSOF Championships 2012

Comments

• Options

So team Pea Podd Soup has lost the pea. image 

But I'm pleased you're happy with the decision Lee, and that you'll be at the feed station. If your hearts not in it then no point really.  I'll have to practice catching bottles at lightening speed it seems. image

• Options

Ah...Lee, shame, but good choice if as you say your hearts not in it...Do we have any pirates that missed out...maybe Tommygun2??..or does it have to go to the waiting lists??

NV wrote (see)
     Anyone suggest/recommend a good bento box for Outlaw?

I have a simple one that i bought from my LBS, has velco webbing to keep the good stuff in, cost about £5.

• Options
    Lee the Pea wrote (see)

i'll be working on my throwing arm over the next few months.....

Steady on, Makes the guinness all frothy

• Options
    sorry to hear that Lee.  What else you got planned?
  • Options
    Aw thanks folks. I'll bet on the day i'll be wishing i was doing it, but it will be great to watch everyone finish an IM instead image I'll try not to spill your guinness Dave, but i can't promise you! image

Team Podd Soup shall conquer it, i have no doubt! I'll see everyone loads on the run too, so plenty of abuse-hurling opportunities await image

Henny i'm doing this instead: http://toughmudder.co.uk/events/scotland/scotland-2012-course-map/

(sorry can't link properly from ipad)
  • Options
    LTP a good decision BUT you do know the 2013 pirate outing is imageLANZAimage may god have mercy on your soul image
  • Options
    That's a shame Lee, but understand your decision.

I'm going to start back training after the longest chest infection I have ever had has now gone. 22 days of it, which I'm sure is a record. Starting back tomorrow with a run, then another one in the afternoon.

Then a bike ride with the burger boys on Saturday image
  • Options
    How can it be Lanza when the decision's always made at Bala weekend?
  • Options
    That was the agreement for staying UK based this year  image
  • Options
    I'm in two minds about the Lanza beano. On the one hand I don't want to miss out on doing Lanza with you lot, and on the other I had kind of thought the Outlaw may be my last full distance one.... But then, I bet the Lanza rucksack is nice.... hmmm. Decisions aren't really my thing are they?!
  • Options
    "LTP a good decision BUT you do know the 2013 pirate outing is LANZA may god have mercy on your soul "

RBM, i think I can categorically say i'll not be doing Lanza, hahahaha. Above and beyond me I think!! Might be nice for a wee supporters holiday though! image I can stay at the bar getting the beers in while you're all out beasting yourself on the course. I think i'll go for a slightly less hot and hilly and windy IM!
  • Options
    Hope - I don't think there was a rucksac at Lanza the year the burger boys did it.  A crying shame.
  • Options
    i think I can categorically say i'll not be doing Lanza Afraid would have to say the same. It's just to expensive. I'm hopeing SA still wants to do that frence one he was looking at and if yes will shout abuse at him all the way round the course.image
  • Options

Yep we will be unable to go to Lanza next year, as to enter you have to have the cash so early in the year will have to take a year of long distance before going to lanza, next year we going to

Challenge Vichy

• Options
    LTP so Ironman Wales for 2013 then image

Deffo no Lanza for me i would love to go but the finacial mare of having two daughters at Uni image
  • Options
    Get a grip RBM!!! Hehehehe
  • Options
    PodroPodro ✭✭✭

WooHoo

Just got a waiting list place for the Outlaw. Looks like I will be joining you all in exotic Nottingham in July. Better start training.........

• Options
    Vichy for me too next year, all being well.
  • Options
    Podro: where were you on the waiting list when you applied?
  • Options

Good question drainman.  I know I was number 51 on the waiting list so am keen to find out how far down it is already...

• Options

Careless of you Mandel for not entering on time... image  Has your wife got a team?

Hope I'm in exactly the same position as you re Lanza.

• Options

I think i've trawled back far enough and found the last updated list......

Bad news but the Refund email and gone and confirmation has been returned, i just cant race and not be 100% fit. Its been over 15 mths with no running now and its not looking like getting any better any time soon. I'll be in France for Challenge Vichy in late August so thats the aim now. Maybe another 7 weeks will buy me a little bit of fitness!!

I'll be there with the Mrs to support and most likely camp though,,,,

Entered and paid

Andyb99
    Artful Hen
    Barley
    Bedders
    bez_za
    bburn plodder
    Big Al 123
    Bikergirl1515
    Borka26
    Cake
    Cheerful Dave
    Cpt.jack sparra
    Cat5
    Colourin
    Cornish Digger
    Darkness
    Dave The Ex Spartan
    Doner Kebab
    DTB
    Dubai Dave
    Dustboy
    Ferret
    F.oggy
    Flat Foo.ted
    gas-man
    Golden Boots
    Gymaddict
    hairier half
    Happychap
    Holly_G
    Hope
    In the Blue
    IronHolgs
    IronM.in
    Iron Pingu
    Iron Swissbobby
    Iron Tractor Boy
    JCDigger
    Katiecom
    kittenkat
    Les boules
    Little Sister
    Madlot
    mark*W
    Marshallini
    M.eface (Happychap talked me into it - again!)
    Meldy
    Microbeman
    m.itten
    M.ouse
    MovingAlong
    Mr Zuvai
    Mrs SA
    Muffin Top
    Nicko
    NV
    O.rangeCannon
    oxy
    Pain Is Temporary
    Podds
    PoddsPalAnge
    Prince Siegfried
    Rio
    Ridgeback Max
    Running Dad
    Saffers
    ShuffleBunny
    Slagiatt (so the run marshals are in for a long night)
    SlowE
    Snool
    Soup Dragon
    Spongecake
    Steve Ho
    Sumoeddie
    Sym.es
    Timmy_G
    TJ1004
    Tonka Boy
    Toucs (going solo after his swim victory at IMR)
    Trogs.
    Ultra AJH
    Viking
    VT'd Spartan

• Options

Aw that sucks cona, didn't realise you were pulling out too image  You still having plantar issues?  I had a CHEK assessment recently (google it) and it checks your alignment and movement then you get exercise to correct any imbalances.  i told him i'd had plantar for a few months and orthotics really helped, but aim is to sort body out so orthotics aren't needed long term.  Might be worth a look to see if anyone in your area does these CHEK assessments....could help?

See you & the missus at the drinks station! image

• Options

Ah mate that sucks.

Prob a good call though if Vichy is your target.

• Options
    Artful Hen  wrote (see)

Careless of you Mandel for not entering on time... image  Has your wife got a team?

Hope I'm in exactly the same position as you re Lanza.

I know, I know....image

Was umming and ahhing as am doing Brighton and London marathons back to back in April and then Alcatraz tri in June a few weeks before Outlaw.  I stuck my name on the waiting list in the end when I missed the cut off but will have to make a decision soon I think as last I heard they expect it to roll down to me.

Nope K doesn't have a team yet but we were figuring swimmers are always in high demand round these parts so provided we are in for the weekend, then she will be available to fill in last minute for a piratey trio.

• Options
    Oh...... I'd be easily convinced into a bike leg if one is required closer to the time
  • Options
    thats a shame Cona I fancied a running partner againimage stick in there mate it will sort itself out patience is the key
  • Options

oThe main thing - Cona and Mrs and Mrs Mandel and Lee - is that you'll all be there! imageimage

Just done my first Audiofuel bike work out.  Ride Harder  2 with Chrissie Wellington.  Didn't know my little legs could go at 92rpm.  They definitely know about it now...

• Options

I am glad to hear that there is hope if anything goes wrong for a relay team and that fellow pirates may step in to help out. As a first timer doing relay doing both the swim and run, I have been a little bit worried about what to do if I really can't do the swim, or my partner has a problem doing the bike leg. I am slow and steady at both swimming and running.

Artful Hen that bike work out sounds interesting, I think my little legs could only manage 92 rpm for about 2 mins  at present.

• Options
    SteadyCJ wrote (see)

Artful Hen that bike work out sounds interesting, I think my little legs could only manage 92 rpm for about 2 mins  at present.

Maybe you and AH are riding in too high a gear? 90-100rpm is what you should be aiming for on all of your long rides, if you haven't got a cadence sensor then it might be useful to get on a turbo and practice spinning at 90rpm. Your legs will thank you in the end once you get used to it image