Options

Plodding All Over The World

Comments

• Options
    Jase, all the better for hearing from your garrulous self

Marathong - I'm hoping that there were children involved in the disney fest? Rollerblading counts double, as does plodding in the rain - scientific fact.

Slightly cheered by Thin Spouse who's dropping everything at work to come to leavers assembly this afternoon, because he knows how much I don't want to go to be bullied by Creepy Chair- ahhhhh the spirit of chivalry is alive and well in leafy Tedd it would seem.
  • Options
    Mark - thanks for the tip concerning the Nike run. Have managed to get to the payment details screen but each time I enter and press 'confirm' it sticks! what happened after you pressed 'confirm' i.e. did you get another screen confirming your registration? How long did it take for the next screen to come up?
  • Options
    FF - I believe the Nike 10K organisers have just been spotted leaving the country in posession of a large wadge of cash. Seemingly, somebody tried to enter the 10K on-line and kept confirming their credit card details over and over again.

Police have alerted inter-plod.
  • Options
    Wadge? What the hell is a wadge???????
  • Options
    maybe its a virtual wedge??

FLR - will you have a chance to give mini Beelzebub a kicking at this leavers thing?
  • Options
    good idea Alf

actually Damien Omen II - he was one of the reasons Kid A was last in long distance relay - he's a carp runner. saw Kid A smiling and talking to him tho ' he's just a much nicer person than his mum (not hard today). Maybe I'll go shopping with a wadge of cash, bound to cheer me up
  • Options
    Thanks Het - I think I'm losing my sense of humour on this one and could do with a good dose of irony right now.

Just got an e-mail from Nike saying they will only bill me once which is nice of them considering I still haven't managed to register....urrrgh
  • Options
    Hello again....
  • Options
    Hello again....

back from lunch...mmmm tuna
  • Options
    I think there must be something in the water/air/whatever today.

We all seem to be a bit fed up.

I advocate a large, communal punch-bag.

Hell, I could even smoke a cigarette, and I gave up 20 months ago.

:0(
  • Options
    I'm not fed up any more! You'll all be relieved to know (cos' I'm sure that I've had you all gripped with my mini registration crisis) that I've finally managed to register (managed to work out that you don't put spaces in between card no details). Phew! Now when all the other parents tell me that they haven't managed to register I can do the martyr bit for the school.....

Jase, I had tuna too.....spooky.
  • Options
    spooky tuna?

Is that like the music from the Twilight Zone? That'sa Spooky Tuna.

I'll leave now.....
  • Options
    I am in a good mood today. I only have 2 days left at work then I'm outta here. Start my new job next Monday.

Oh, and today was the first time I could walk down the stairs without my shins hurting. That week layoff must have done the trick.

But is it to soon to go back in the water???

I really feel like going for a big one tonight...it seems like I have loads of energy.
  • Options
    and yes, it is the spooky tuna music..

dun dun der...
  • Options
    Dun, dun dun dun, deeeeeeeerrrr

Shins. Yup, know all about those hurting. I should break them in gently though - off road, preferably on grass, all the usual advice. You don't want to end up back in agony.

What's the new job, Jase?

Piano tuna?

Car engine tuna?
  • Options
    I'm in a good mood - just been for a lunchtime plod :o) Feel all buzzy and virtuous and smug.

Not that smug though - chickened out of going to park as all the colleagues would have seen me. When will i stop feeling silly doing the run/walk thing? and when will i stop looking silly out plodding???
  • Options
    P.S. Sorry to keep bringing the subject back to plodding! Would join in the bad tuna jokes but can't think of one right now.
  • Options
    I know what you mean Het, I'll probably 'break' them in gently.

Piano tuna...that is funny. Well, it made me laugh anyway.

My new job is working for the police...oo'er

• Options
    Sorry, I thought this was the tuna forum

• Options
    Nessy. I bet you don't look silly at all.

I know what you mean about the run/walk thing, though. When I first started off, I made a big show of looking at my watch when I was walking. Like I was interval training or something. Which I suppose I was!

The more I plod, the more I get used to being out there and I get less and less self-conscious.

I think doing the R4L helped too - made me realise that runners/plodders/joggers come in all shapes and sizes. And all with various shades of red face!
  • Options
    hehehehe yeah I do that, look at my watch

• Options
    Yeh, i got the watch thing. I couldn't bear anyone thinking i'm that red faced from walking along at a leisurely pace - feel like wearing a t-shirt that says "i've been running, honest" or "you try it!".
  • Options
    Yup - we could do a great trade in those t-shirts!

'I've just run 4 miles and I'm on my way home'
    'Get off your fat **se if you think you can do any better'
    'Come on then, you try it!'
    'See if you can keep up'
    'Of course i'm sweating, I'm doing some exercise....'
  • Options
    back from assembly, and managed to avoid Chair, give evil eye to bully boy, and get in Kid A's good books. Kid A loyally didn't want to shake Chair's hand - I thought that giving him a chinese burn as he accepted his prize was going it a bit tho'. Tough Kid I used to do extra reading with came and said goodbye to me - I was quite touched.

Now Thin Spouse is going to work on the PC, and Kid A is going to occupy the bathroom for 3 hours getting ready for leaver's disco - ahhh, there goes the ozone layer.

Kid B and I might go out and spend some money then I think - that's the only low cal way I can think of cheering myself up.

I love chew I love chew I love tuna sandwiches
    (sorry - couldn't think of any other tuna jokes - it's pinched from Roger McGough)

I say this is a fish and poem forum isn't it?

• Options
    Have you seen the T-shirt

"Eat tuna" ???

Nah, nor have I......
  • Options
    Yep, in there on the watch thing! Have had comments before and you feel like punching them in the face especially when they're beer bellied old men!

Now, though, I don't care, or am too short of oxygen to pay them any attention anyway.

A ferocious downpour / thunder storm has just started, I really don't want to get my NEW SHOES dirty, hope it stops!
  • Options
    new shoes......
  • Options
    New Shoes?

Shiny new shoes....

I went out in downpour in my new/nearly old shoes last Thursday. It was my last plod, actually.

One youff tried to trip me up. One youff stood and laughed at me. When I flipped the finger at him, he said something that the moderator wouldn't like.

So I won't plod THAT route again.

Urggh.

FRL - yes, this is the poetry and fish thread. Envy you the spending. I'm saving up so that I can eat and drink and generally spend, spend, spend on my hols!
  • Options
    Hetfinch, just do what I do, run in their direction. Scares the sh*t out of them, they suddenly start to go polite for fear!!!!
    (he, he , he)