Options

DIY Half IM

Comments

• Options
    marshallinimarshallini ✭✭✭

Awesome stuff everyone.

• Options
    Well done everyone, photo looks ace! Cannot wait to come support you all at Outlaw, it is going to be IMMENSE!!!! image
  • Options

Thanks SA, saves me guessing wrongly image

• Options

Mr & mrs SA, and Jordy, had a great day even though I couldnt take part, +1 what Horse said and great to meet everyone. Hopefully if you do another one I'll be fit enough to take part ....image

Good luck to everyone taking part tomorrow you'll have a ball.

• Options

Crikey, where's Cake gone? More butties needed mate! Top pirating by everyone, sorry I can't be there. Really good that this has come off.

• Options
    Soup DragonSoup Dragon ✭✭✭

Looks like a cracking day. Gutted I couldn't make it. Well done everyone and have a great time today.

• Options
    good luck for today gang, hope it stays dry for you. looking forward to your later reports.
  • Options

C'mon Mrs SA, where are the updates on todays DIY HIM?????????

• Options
    Can't be Cake he hasn't got a fag in his hand
  • Options
    Yesterday was awesome, I had the best time. Mr and Mrs SA were fabulous hosts and put on a great event. I was especially grateful for the sausage butty and cup of tea after- hit the spot.

Really good crack, with a great bunch of people.

So, come on, how'd it go today?
  • Options
    Hi BB, it was great day and everyone looked like they enjoyed themselves,Horse finished in 6hrs55mins, just gutted I couldn't take part. Don't know what's happening today.
  • Options
    Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)
    Can't be Cake he hasn't got a fag in his hand

He has got a fag in his hand

So today was amazing, 8 of us did it today, another cracking day

I will do a race report, but

If / when we do it again next year, how can we make it better?

The manager at the pool we used has already said we can use a different exit and set T1 up properly

Some really great performances this weekend

You should all be really proud of yourselves, we have enjoyed putting it on so much, a big thank you to all who attended

A have to give a special mention today to Mr SA and Jordy who manged 2 split transitions as well as helping out at the bike feed station

• Options
    A big thanks to Mr and Mrs SA and Jordy.I had a great day and it was really good to meet everyone. Im happy with my performance and it would have been even better if i could follow directions.
  • Options

I obviously wasn't there SA, but my hat is tipped to you for your unselfish efforts, and to Mrs SA and Jordy for theirs. 

It's people like you who deserve the laurels and all the plaudits.

May there be many more to come.

• Options

Big thanks to Mr and Mrs SA, Jordy and not forgetting SA's parents. The whole team excelled themselves.

Awesome event, brilliant hospitality and good company.

Well raced everyone.

• Options

Glad you had a great day.......where's the group pics?

• Options
    Mrs SAMrs SA ✭✭✭

Have had the most brilliant weekend image    I am so proud to be a Pirate.  I have caught up with old friends and met new ones.   It all went so well.  Thanks to my fab hubby for organising this.   Well Done everyone.  You guys rock image

• Options

Sounds like you have had a fab weekend guys

Roll on Outaw   image

• Options

Todays Motley Crew

/members/images/281972/Gallery/IMAG0142.jpg

Once again Left to right

Doner kebab, Colourin, Colourin's BF, Marshallini, Jordy, Mrs SA, SA, Bobby Nobby, Slagiatt

The picture was taken was Slag's mate Tony (who is a top bloke)

• Options

Didnt recognise Doner without his hair dye !!!

• Options

I don't look happy in that pic image but believe me I was very happy - Awesome day out.image

• Options

Marshallini, you can't look happy you are a TRI machine

• Options

Macc 70.3 (or by my measurements Macc. 70.24 close enough for me)

I drove over from Chester way and took in a lap of the run and bike course in the car before turning up on SA's doorstep.

After a race brief and a sort cycle to the leisure center we were good to go.

The Swim -1950m - I lost count after about 8 lengths, I had a couple of nose clip issues which caused me to stop twice so my timing targets were thrown out, so after that it was all guess work.
    A few periodic checks against the speedo clock had me swimming roughly on pace  (target 1:40 per 100m) so I decided that at 32 minutes I'd do another 50m and then get out and hope it was enough.
    I stopped my watch at 33:17.34 and made my way to the changing rooms, I'd stopped my watch instead of taking a split, so had to restart it whilst changing, so add a minute or two to the 7:12.35 T1.

Everyone else was going straight on to the bike wet but I didn't fancy that. As I made it outside to T1 changed and dry, everyone was already there sorting themselves out, which was a little disconcerting.

The Bike - 56.39 miles - I set off on the bike, a little too hard, way too hard to be honest. This was not a sprint race.  I calmed down a bit after the first climb and settled in to an easier (hard) tempo. The course is undulating but not too hilly and as the laps were ticked off they seemed to get sorter, but harder.  The plan was for 11 laps but at the end of them I was only on 50.8 miles according to my cycle computer so I went around for a 12th time.
    A little confusion returning to T2, but not quite getting lost.
    56.39 miles @ 18.6 mph average - 3:01 but that doesn't include a pee break, so 3:03:00?

(splits for each lap  - not too accurate - 14:05.74 - 14:03.38 - 14:18.26 - 14:35.25 - 14:03.59 - 14:21.63 - 15:24.98 - 14:52.05 - 44:41.44(x3) - then a lap + return to T2 18:57.25)

An unrushed but not accurately timed T2, I forget to take a split when I stopped on the bike and did it half way thru getting my run shoes on (5 mins?)

The Run - 12:64 miles - no problem getting going on the run even the first hill didn't present any real problem.  It's a nice easy run downhill  to the Catholic College and this helped get into my running nicely.
    Ticked off the first lap comfortably and then ran in to the back of the other runners starting their first lap and this made me up my effort a bit, second lap was easy enough and I was feeling good, but took a gel on just in case.
    Lap three I took another gel as it was getting a little harder now, like on the bike the laps got shorter but the hills got bigger.
    Lap four was uneventful, but I could've done with someone to chase up A537 as this is a bit of a drag and my concentration was slipping.
    But once passed the drinks station, it was the last push mainly downhill to the finish.  It's nice that there was no need for a sprint finish as it's quite a testing little slope up to the finish.
    Lap 1 - 21.47.88
    Lap 2 - 20.53.68
    Lap 3 - 21.58.87
    Lap 4 - 22:02.40
    total - 1:26.42.83  (ave min/mile - 6:51.6)

pretty consistent splits there - well happy with themimage

Total elapsed time 5:05:00 (that's an approximate time and includes the odd missed bits)

• Options

Great report Marshalliini, you are quite right about the laps seeming shorter but the harder

• Options
    Flat FootedFlat Footed ✭✭✭

Thats not running that's showing off....image

• Options

Marshallini, you can't look happy you are a TRI machine

• Options
    Flat Foo.ted wrote (see)

Thats not running that's showing off....image

Believe me mate, I recon he could give Rosey a race

• Options
    I agree Marshallini was ridiculously quick today from start to finish.
  • Options

Completely cracking weekend. Many thanks to Mr and Mrs SA for everything, and also the people who manned the feed stations on the Saturday. Loved every minute of it.

Full race report will come tomorrow at some point.

Rather embarrassingly though I've just emptied my kit bag to find I've picked up someone elses helmet, gloves and glasses? Give us a message on here and I'll get them to you ASAP...

• Options

Thank you so much for this weekend, was a great training day, and fab to meet some piratey peeps! Mr SA senior was a star on the feed station, and Jo, that was the most welcome cup of tea in history!image not to mention the suasage butties!