• Options
    I reckon melds is really a big softie behind that hardened shell image
  • Options

image Mate she pittys fools so might just brake both your legs. image

Viking wrote (see)
    <ponders whether to pm Meldy Jack's address>
    Go on it would be a good laugh.
  • Options
    2 sugars in your tea eh? Only when you've done all my ironing, cleaned the flat, made me dinner and handed me cocktails while fanning me with a giant palm leaf. Then i might stick the kettle on.... image

P.s. i'm out of sugar, so you'll need to nip to the shop first image
  • Options
    image Sarah is normally faster than me even when injured so doesn't matter. She has to coop with one baby and manages fine, but know what you mean. image
  • Options

My wife tolerates my training, no more.  She doesn't give a shit if it's for IM, Marathon or TdF as she still has to contend with sweaty trainers and T shirts (although I don't expect her to wash my gear).

I would hate it if she became involved.  It's my cave and she has her own, and I wouldn't want to go into her centrally heated and internet/TV dominated world.  I like having my own interests that she neither understands nor covets.

She also doesn't do things by half and she'd probably beat me as well as getting on my back for not training hard enough,  not decorating our stairway, not fixing that leaky tap, not oiling my chain, not polishing my bike, not tying my laces her preferred way etc etc etc.

Training partners are great, but only in groups IMO, and only if they don't follow me all the way home.

• Options

I can do 10 out of 11 on the list.  Plus I take fecking awesome photos at the same time as shouting "aarrrrrr" all day, so I reckon that skill wipes out the inability to mend a bike.  Possibly.  **

'ccentric, it was awesome to see Lindi yesterday, haven't seen her since IMCH I don't think (and I was only about 10 mins behind her which I am chuffed about!) image

I love being involved in Funkin's training and racing - and now I am running again, sometimes he comes out with me, when he talks at me a lot and I sort of grimace and mumble. 

** Please note my lack of modesty is entirely tongue in cheek...!

• Options
    Vtd Brussel Sprout I second your post me and my missuss are chalk and cheese she went to a couple of my first races then confessed she was bored after a rain soaked London Mara  I love the outdoors and roughing it and shes a comfort loving house mouse/computer game geek/big brother addict she does her stuff and I do mine and it all works a treat for us image
  • Options
    Has Jack found himself an Ironwench yet? image
  • Options
    Not yet !! God help them at outlaw !! image
  • Options

Yeah, I reckon I'm on thin ice with hubby as I'm doing my third IM in 4 years. He has made noises about trying a triathlon and has even signed up for a couple but has failed to make the start line.
    However I can't help wishing he'd get into some hobby of his own so that he doesn't feel fed up over the time I spend on mine. Don't get me wrong he is wonderful in multiple ways but he did comment that he felt our lives revolved around my training which kind of p&^sed me off as I make a specific effort to train early morning and lunchtimes so that it doesn't. But I think for the sake of a harmonious marriage, IM Austria will probably be my last competing IM for a while. I fully agree with KK, there is no way if we had kids that I would be able to do it. If we do have kids, I think I will be doing well to race Olympic distance and do the odd half marathon.

• Options
    this thread has over 3000 views............surely you have had at least one private message from one of the lurkers image
  • Options

Running For Marathon

Team for Life is a unique fund raising program that gives you the chance to directly support Lazarex Cancer Foundation by participating in events and fund raising or create your own events Register now www.teamforlifelcf.org