Options

The 2012 Outlaw Bike Feedstation/Support Thread

Comments

• Options
    Good to speak to you yesterday and looking forward to seeing you on Sunday, Button Mushrrom

Thanks LN for acting as go-between
  • Options
    Finally button mushroom makes an appearance, look forward to seeing you Sunday morning mate, me and jordy are on the feed station, we can carry on the banter.
  • Options
    Post code for feed station is NG13 9PH.

Take A46 towards Bingham, then A52 towards Grantham. After passing through Elton-On-The-Hill turn left immediately after The Little India (former pub, now Indian restaurant). Follow the road for 4 or 5 miles through Alfreton and then you will see the feed station signs. If you have gone through Kilvington you have missed it image
  • Options

Morning all. Just a quick catch-up now I'm back home to say what a fab day it was at the feed station yesterday. It ran like clockwork and was so much fun. Thanks to Schmunkee for doing such a good job - you worked like a trooper. Gutted I'm not able to go to the party today so I'll raise a cup of tea to everyone at 1pm today thinking of everyone.

imageimage

• Options
    Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭

Morning from me too, and a big thank you for an excellent day! Schmunkee did indeed do a fabulous job marshalling the troops, and I hope everyone who did the race enjoyed it as much as we did. Fab day all round (although I can barely walk today and I didn't even do the race!)

BIG well done to all the Piratey Outlaws, SO much fun to stand and cheer you all over the line (and a special well done to Podds - knew you could do it!)

Party at 1pm you say? Will raise a cup of tea here too image

Daffs x

• Options

thank you to everyone on the feed station, I had the quickest pee stop ever and  my bike was fully loaded for me by the time I got out of the loo! Now that is called SUPPORT! image

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Thanks to Schmunks for doing a sterling job of organising us in conditions that were not ideal.

The cup cakes were fab too.  Thanks to all the bakers.

My left tricep is rather sore and I keep having the urge to shout out 'Water...Water'

• Options

'High 5"  'Gels' 'Bananas' .............

• Options
    Best feed station EVER !! Thank you so much for helping out.

High 5, water, ibuprofen and tablet. I didn't want to leave !

You're all fantastic. Thankyou !
  • Options

Many thanks to all feedstationers and supporters. Loved the upflat sign, I actually expected one!

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

Thanks pirates from my relay bike man Steve wearing a harlequin jersey, he thought you were all very efficient, organised and pleased to get a cheer when he threw his bottle in the trolley.
    Rock Steady Crew No.976

• Options
    m.ittenm.itten ✭✭✭
    I had NEVER been so pleased to see you lot in my life as I was yesterday!

But as I wasn't in kit I don't think I was recognised.

But it didn't matter - you gave everyone the same excellent support. Thank you so much.

I won't be racing long next year (ha ha) but will be on the list to marshal if we do the aid station again (I hope we do!).

Mitts x
  • Options
    PodroPodro ✭✭✭

Thanks for the support folks. Much appreciated and kept me going when I was slogging into the wind at the top of the loop.

• Options

Thank you to all the pirate supporters. The feedstation was without doubt tthe highlight of the bike course and many non pirates I spoke to reallly apprecaited the humour and energy.

The cheers and encouragement on the run lifted the soul when most needed. You really did give my shuffle a lift.

• Options

Massive thank you to all of you on the Feed Station. You were fab, and the feed station was Rockin imageimage, best support you could wish for.

Loved the not a knitting club sign, made me laugh out loud image

And special thanks to Schmunkee for organising it all

• Options

A massive massive thank you to Schmunkee and all the volunteers, I know how much work went into planning the feedstation and supplying the cyclists all day long.  Even though the spot wasnt ideal you all did a fantastic job.

It was great to see you all on the two laps id been looking forward to it all ride, thanks for being there for us.

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

Morning.

I can only echo Barley's sentiments above.

The pirate feedstation was THE highlight of the bike, if not the whole race,

I can't thank you all enough for your support.

xxx

• Options

I was looking forward to seeing the signs again! Forgot about the "Bike Sale" one, so chuckled all over again.

Thanks to all the Pirates, brilliant job as usual supporting everyone ... even us TriTalkers! image

• Options

The pirate feedstation was the best feedstation by far, efficient, great support, lots of smiles and cheers and we got to visit it twice .... double bubble. Thanks to all involved.

• Options
    slowerthanilook wrote (see)

Still waiting for my two hoodies and 4 t-shirts. A little worried that the email from spreadshirt still refers to them having "Crashie's Squawky Mate" on the back, even though I asked for it to be removed. We'll see.... i'm sure my kids would love Crashie.... if they met him... her  image

RIGHT!! Just picked up my Spreadshirt delivery so we're fully kitted-out and ready image. When's Outlaw?

Oh..... and Crashie.... you have two additional Squawky Mates image.

• Options

Schmunkee - I don't care what anyone else says about you image you were absolutely bleedin' brilliant in your organisation of the feed station and volunteers - seriously though thanks and thanks again to everyone on the pirate station - what a difference it makes image

and thanks all the volunteers too..........my fave sign was the "bike sale" one and I though I was going to fall off my bike I was laughing (somewhat hysterically it has to be said) so much at that point image

• Options

Pirates just keep on raising the standards for others to follow

Sooooperb effort from all the helpers and supporters, sherpas and cheerers

OARSUM   image

• Options

I expect to see "Raf and Razors patented shopping trolley bottle cage" at all IM events from now on!

Big thanks to Schmunks - amazing weekend all round!!

• Options

rafiki..............If it was a bit bigger the cyclist might have got more bottle in it..............and i would have been hit less by the bottles missing..................unless they were all aiming at meimage

• Options

Thanks to everyone on the feed station.  You were fantastic and still gave me massive cheers when I was one of the very last riders through.  Top effort!

• Options

The tea and sarnie went down very well Mon X
    {And i did catch all those I said I would again}

• Options
    seren nos wrote (see)

rafiki..............If it was a bit bigger the cyclist might have got more bottle in it..............and i would have been hit less by the bottles missing..................unless they were all aiming at meimage

dam........ you sussed out my plan!! image

• Options

Thanks for you kind messages about the Feed Station; they really make doing it worthwhile and it's nice to know it's appreciated. I have heard nothing but praise and positive feedback from the cyclists (both Pirates and non-Pirates alike).  It seems it's a boost to the spirits and I am therefore pleased to know we have played a part in making their day enjoyable.  It would not be possible with your help.

A humungous thank you to all who turned up on the day to help.  You all rallied round and were troopers.  A special thank you to those who arrived after our late plea.  I am sorry that it was a case of all hands on deck and that introductions couldn't be made, but you all seemed to settle in well and I hope new friendships have been formed

A massive thank you too to RafikiD and Shas79.  Your help on Saturday was invaluable,  Its sounds a cliche to say it, but I couldn't have got through it all without your help.  To volunteer to help on the feed station without knowing anyone and then being my support system when you didn't know me shows you have the Pirate Spirit.

More thanks too to Mon for her help and support on the day.  I was good to have someone who I could bounce my ideas off and keep my wibbling at bay

I am assuming OSB will ask me for feedback on what could have been done better from their side, so please email outlawsupport at hot mail dot co dot uk if you have any ideas