Options

The 2012 Outlaw Bike Feedstation/Support Thread

Comments

• Options

Still waiting for my two hoodies and 4 t-shirts. A little worried that the email from spreadshirt still refers to them having "Crashie's Squawky Mate" on the back, even though I asked for it to be removed. We'll see.... i'm sure my kids would love Crashie.... if they met him... her  image

• Options

I hope Crashie is male, otherwise I shall be regarding Squish in a whole new light from no on !!!

• Options

Schmunkee - you should have received an email from me a couple of days ago, "un-volunteering" Mr plodder from feedstation duty. Very sorry, especially about the last minute notice, but having weighed it all up, it's better not to drag kids along, he wouldn't have been much use as a volunteer/marshall whilst looking after little ones.

Sorry image

They will be on the course, in pirate hoodies/t shirts, waving pirate flagsimage

• Options

Just in case anyone missed this.....

RafikiD wrote (see)

CAMPING AT OUTLAW

I seem to have been 'volunteered' to secure a Pirate camping area HPP (non electric hook up). So I plan to arrive early afternoon on Friday, so I will try and grab an area for anyone wanting to camp as part of the Pirate massive. Hopefully the guys on site will be happy to let us commandeer an area, otherwise I know Seren wil be there early as well, so I get her to scare people off image, she is a DoubleIM afterall.

If you wish to come and camp with everyone else, it may be easier if you PM me and I'll send you my mobile so you can get in touch when you arrive Friday/Sat. This will also give me a rough idea of the size of area to grab.

In addition, Schmumkee has asked me (along with others) to go on the recce with her on Saturday so I know exactly where we need to go/be Sunday morning. So even if you don't want to camp with everyone (understandable!!) it might be worth coming to say hello or getting in touch so we can all meet and travel together Sunday morning (Schmunkee will leading people from the Hotel to the feedstation).

Cheers

Raf

• Options
    Just popping in to say to all the feedstation peeps that YOU'RE ALL ACE!

Thank you in advance image
  • Options
    Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭

Just sneaking in to say hello, as instructed by Meldy (whose instructions I dare not disobey, and who assures me you are all nice) image

I've dithered around so long I fear there's no hope of me being able to do anything useful image However, I'll be hanging around on the run course and at the end waving a WAISTER flag (if I manage to invent one before Sunday, otherwise it'll be a t shirt image) and cheering on Meldy and Podds especially, but all of you really image 

Happy to lend a hand with anything is there's last minute things need doing image As it stands I'm planning to arrive probably about 5pm (ish) and stay til the end, and I'll be coming in the car (last train back to Sheffield is 9.30 and I fear that may cause too much nail biting and a night sleeping on the train platform!)

However, I'm only coming that late because I don't know anyone at all and the whole day is a long time to spend hanging about on your own, however exciting things are! So - if I can be useful before that I'm happy to come earlier, just let me know image 

Otherwise, if you see me hanging around near the end hovering (nearly said hoovering then - very unlikely) near a pirate looking shifty, please say hello image

• Options
    From what I can gather, all of the Pirates look shiftyimage
  • Options
    Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭

Good - I'll fit right in then image 

• Options

Daffs you will be fine  image

• Options

Advance thanks to the Pirate Feeders from me too.

Pirates rock image

• Options
    Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)

AN URGENT PLEA FOR HELP ON THE FEED STATION

I have just done a quick count up of bodies who have volunteered for the feed station and I am sorry to say that I don't think I have enough people to fulfil our responsibilities whilst the bike is taking place.

These include filling bottles, handing out said bottles, clearing out the bottle dump, handing out gels and bananas, as well as marshalling 5 traffic hot spots out on the course and be in charge of the Special Needs Bags

I have 16 (kind) volunteers for the feed station which is not enough to fulfil the extra responsibilties we have as well as covering the swap over of marshalls out on the bike course

It would be great if friends/family could spare a couple of hours whilst you are on the bike ride to lend a hand and ensure the Pirate Feed Station is a success.

So please can I ask you to ask your supporters if they can give us a couple of hours of their time on Sunday whilst you are out on the bike course. It would be very much appreciated

Your Pirate Team needs you (well, needs your family and friends image)

Thank you

• Options

Dr Daffs.come early and join us on the bike stationimage

• Options

schmunks.......I haven't received an email telling what to do.........will you tell me on saturdayimage

or have I cocked up.sure i sent you an email telling you i'm available for as long as you need meimage

• Options

Dr Daffs - there are three people on the bike feed station who have never met anyone, so you will be in great company if you make it four image

• Options
    Dr Daffs wrote (see)

Just sneaking in to say hello, as instructed by Meldy (whose instructions I dare not disobey, and who assures me you are all nice) image

I've dithered around so long I fear there's no hope of me being able to do anything useful image However, I'll be hanging around on the run course and at the end waving a WAISTER flag (if I manage to invent one before Sunday, otherwise it'll be a t shirt image) and cheering on Meldy and Podds especially, but all of you really image 

Happy to lend a hand with anything is there's last minute things need doing image As it stands I'm planning to arrive probably about 5pm (ish) and stay til the end, and I'll be coming in the car (last train back to Sheffield is 9.30 and I fear that may cause too much nail biting and a night sleeping on the train platform!)

However, I'm only coming that late because I don't know anyone at all and the whole day is a long time to spend hanging about on your own, however exciting things are! So - if I can be useful before that I'm happy to come earlier, just let me know image 

Otherwise, if you see me hanging around near the end hovering (nearly said hoovering then - very unlikely) near a pirate looking shifty, please say hello image

Daffs see plea for help above ^^^^^

you wont be alone!!

Wear something yellow and black, help help help at feedstation and then cheer me on later since i'll be doing the "run"

P.S. I've never met any of these nutters other than Raf yet, so really I only know one more person than you and i'm spending a whole weekend with them!

See you sunday!

• Options

Seren - I am on the case now image

• Options

^^^^ I've haven't received an email either Seren, not unusual for me though as Muckee's Nemisis i'm generally on *ignore* image

• Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Scmunks - BtS can do a couple of hours or as long as his back can cope with
  • Options

Debbo - that would be great if he could.  Cheers

• Options
    Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭

Well in that case I shall indeed toddle along to the feedstation image 

Ok, now I'm going to start asking stupid questions that have probably already been answered way back on page 2 of this thread or something...

Can I park at/near the feedstation?! (I assume I don't have to cycle 60 miles to get there??) Do you need a set time, or shall I just turn up? (I can be there whenever (preferably not 8am if poss!) and stay for however long). Feel free to send me instructions - on the whole I'm very obedient image

Hooray, even more excited now image 

• Options

Daffs .... I should imagine any offer of help will be gratefully received whatever time you get there, the earlier the better but given even for the fastest rider/swimmer to get to 60 miles is going to be later then 8am you should be ok but I dont know about road closures   image

• Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭

Schmunkee - I can only imagine (and quail at) the amount of work you've had to do to get us even this far. I don't know how many of our fellow giveroutersofdrinksanstuff have been on a feed station before, but if they have they will know that it's SO much more than simply mixing, filling, chopping, opening, tidying, feeding, smiling, cheering and chivvying, helping athletes with all sorts of odd things, not getting in the way, not knocking people off their bikes, not being able to pee (or eat or drink or breathe) while it's busy. It takes a hell of a lot of organisation and communication with the powers that be before we even get to race day or set up. 

I may well be feeling a little too fluffy after a very large glass of wine, but ... what the heck: you're fab. image

• Options

Yup! Jj said it so well. I'll just say a big THANK YOU!!!
    It's going to be brilliant knowing you guys will be there.image

Thanks for rallying the troops Schmunks xx

• Options

And you have Garr and my little boy to help too image

• Options
    Guys - as soon as I can get from swim to feedstation I will and will be there for the duration. Can someone let me know how to get there and my wife will go straight there and, if the baby sleeps, she will help out.
  • Options

My Dad and sister may be able to get there too.... I'll let you know!

• Options

All - me and Raf are planning a feed station recce on Saturday mid/late morning and will be able to give more specifics about the feed station after that.  Please 'bear with' (trademark Miranda) image

• Options

Dr Daffs - the feed station is approx 13 miles (30 mins drive) from HPP.  I don't believe we will be affected by road closures; I think they are confined to HPP itself

• Options
    I'm happy to come on the recce too image