Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options

DV - the page looks great! Marianne's story is very inspirational. I wanted to give her a hug. It's an amazing thing you're undertaking. 

Orbutt...hmmm. A different moniker. Must it be festivity-related? Mistletoe Maus? 

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Maus - I was more thinking along the change in location but Mistletoe Maus has a ring to it image

• Options

If I turn "maus" upside down, I get "snaw" image 

• Options

Dec 26: Chevin Dash - SR.
    Jan 1: Box Hill Knacker Cracker 10k - Holeymoley. Resolution Run 10k - Iain Moore. Serpentine 10k - RR.
    Jan 5/6: Enigma Double - Emmy.
    Jan 12: Nato Run-Bike - TD.
    Jan 13: Disney Marathon - Dannirr.
    Jan 20: Four Villages Half - Dave The Ex Spartan, Orbutt.
    Feb 10: Exeter Half - Trevor O. Liversedge Half - SR.
    Feb 17: Bramley 20 - Holeymoley, Tiddy. Brighton Half - Iain Moore. Nice 10m - Straycelt. Wrexham Half - Dave The Ex Spartan.
    Feb 20: Blackpool Half - Orbutt.
    Feb 23: Standish Hall Trail Race - DLR.
    Feb 24: Malta Marathon - Emmy.
    Mar 3: Haweswater Half - SR. Hogweed Hill Half - Straycelt. Paris Half - ATM. Silverstone Half - Jimbob. St David's Day 10k - Yer Maj. Surrey Spitfire 20 - Tiddy.
    Mar 16: Eco Trail de Paris - Emmy, RR.
    Mar 17: Inverness Half - Kaz. Liverpool Half - Orbutt. Reading Half - Jimbob.
    Mar 18: St Anne's 10-miler - DLR.
    Mar 23: Coniston 14 - Iain Moore. Thames Path Ultra - DV.
    Mar 24: Harewood House 10k - DLR. Hastings Half - Tiddy. Lexington Half - Straycelt.
    Mar 25: Warsaw Half - Wiol.
    Mar 30: Dallas Half - Straycelt.
    Apr: London-Paris-London: DV.
    Apr 7: Paris Marathon - Sam, Sam, Sam, Gerty, Sam.
    Apr 21: Antwerp Marathon - Emmy. London Marathon - Eggy, Straycelt.
    Apr 28: Chirk Sprint Tri - Dave The Ex Spartan.
    May 5: Mont St Michel Marathon - Emmy, Princess Fi. Richmond Half - Tiddy.
    May 11: Kintyre Way Ultra - ATM. Mallorca IM70.3 - Engineer.
    May 12: Great Ethiopian Run half - RR.
    May 26: Edinburgh Marathon - Tiddy.
    May 27: London 10k - Jimbob. Jun 9: Bala Half Ironman - Dave The Ex Spartan.
    Jul 14: Northumberland Coastal Run - Iain Moore.
    Jun 15/16: South Downs Way Ultra - DV.
    Jun 23: Torbay Half - Jimbob.
    Jun 29: Giants Head Trail Marathon - Emmy.
    Jul 8: Paris Tri - RR.
    Jul 16-18: Badwater Ultra - DV.
    Jul 16-22: In The Long Run (Bratislava to Brussels) - TD.
    Jul 27-28: Thunder Run - Malcs.
    Jul 28: Ironman Switzerland - Engineer.
    Aug 3: The Devil O The Highlands Ultra - Kaz.
    Aug 5: Dublin Half - Straycelt.
    Aug 10: North Downs Way Ultra - DV.
    Sep 7: Medoc Marathon - DV.
    Sep 9: Bala Olympic Triathlon - Dave The Ex Spartan.
    Sep 15: Great North Run - Iain Moore, Jimbob, Tiddy..
    Sep 21-22: Cotswolds 102m ultra - DV.
    Sep 29: Berlin Marathon - DLR, Emmy, Iain Moore, Jimbob, Kaz, Neil B, Orbutt, RS, Suzy M, Tiddy.
    Oct 6: Cardiff Half - Yer Maj.
    Oct 8: Jersey Marathon - Princess Fiona.
    Oct 26: Beachy Head Marathon - Yer Maj.
    Oct 27: Frankfurt Marathon - Emmy.
    Nov 3: New York Marathon - Tiddy.
    Nov 25: Jimbob's birthday.

• Options

15 miles on the bike with extra hail image going to try a short run tomorrow...

• Options

OK, no problems at all today. Injection went in from the other side. Didn't even have a local anaesthetic beforehand. Fingers crossed, I can start to run after Christmas. How far I can go with it, we'll see.  Will certainly be postponing my place in VLM2013. No spring mara for me.

Maus - fabulous news that you are moving to the Northern hemisphere. Not entirely clear which country you are going to, but could you be in need of some practical help from your local 'virtual' friends?!

Eggyh73 wrote (see)

DV - I have to admit to...erm...appreciating a number of the female athletes last night.

Thought that young Welsh lass who kicks ass in Taekwondo (Jade Jones) also appeared to have a nice set of pins. And it seems kind of strange to mention the "Rowing totty" so I had better not. Maybe I can broadly say that athletic bodies are on the whole, much more appealing than non-athletic bodies. Muscle makes shape happen.

• Options
    Regarding the females on sp12 last nite , most of them had more clothes on last nite than they wear when they are competing , and all of them looked far better ,

maybe they should be made to run swim and sail etc in dresses and ball gowns from now on and make Bradley wiggins cycle in that suit , that would be interesting !
  • Options

Glad everything went ok TD.

My accomodation in Paris has been cancelledimage They have given me a few other options but I will need to wait and see if they are available?? I can't understand why they didn't check that before they offered tham??

• Options

Kaz - That's a shame. I hope you get something else sorted quickly.

TD - Glad to hear today went better than last week.

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Kaz - how did you book it?

• Options

Orbutt - It was through an agency. They have offered me other apartments, but we have to see if there available?? Not panicing(sp) yet!!image

YM - I need your financial advice??

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

'Afternoon, all...

Phew! That's good news, TD. A spring of swimming and cycling, ahead, then..image You sound one third of a Paris Tri relay to me...Registration, 7 Jan.

Oz to NI, Maus? The weather's going to be a shock...(I love the idea of winter biking' now-with-added-hail'...)

* softly * Poor ChirstMalcs.Irn Bru ,for you...

• Options

Thanks for the lovely comments of support for Marianne..  image

Well...  housewives of the South-East beware...   I got my licence from UK Athletics today...  I am now insured and ready to roll..  image

• Options

On the ninth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me

Nine eager housewives
    Eight hungry lions
    Seven Christmas jumpers
    Six Men in Tights 
    Fiiiiiiiive injury benches
    Four King cold out there
    Three osteopaths 
    Two Delahayes 

And an Orbutt in a pear tree image

• Options

That's good news TD...  image

• Options

Good news TD - that naughty ATM will have you signing some dodgy contract before you can turn round...

I'm so glad I live in Walesimage

• Options
    MalcsMalcs ✭✭✭

Weedy - your Monday list just reminded me, I'm now officially down for the Great Welsh Marathon in Llanelli on 21st April image 

DV - had a quick peek at your FB page, all looks great! That's a very brave lady you have there. Excellent vid which I'm sure will provide great encouragement to others in the same position. 

TD - I had my hand over my face waiting to cringe as I read your latest injection update. Thank the lord this one was a less painful affair.

ATM - thanks for going gently on me. Thankfully a quick 3 miler has provided the necessary system reset. Not sure how long the endorphin high will last though...

PS. Irn Bru is banned by Mrs Malcs - she questions its nutritional value image  Luckily I only have to wait a week and I'll be back across the border and swimming in the stuff!

• Options

TD: glad to hear it went ok. Why didn't they just go in the other side last time? Or was he aiming for a different area?

My bum hurts after our "session" yesterday. Is it ok to say that on a public forum? image

• Options

Jimbob..   fancy treating yourself to a drum kit for xmas..?  I'm selling my kit and cymbals...  will be putting it all on ebay in the next few days but you can have first refusal...

It's an original 1996 Premier Genista in Damask Red.  Quite a classic kit now.  Pristine condition and I bought it from new.   All flight cased.  Five toms, bass and snare.  The snare is a Ludwig Black Beauty, a replica of their 1966 classic drum but I bought it new in 1995.  Epic sound and records superbly.  All hardware included.  The crash cymbals are unusued - ever.  I had them made for me by Sabian in the summer of 2008 and they have never been used.  They are Sabian HH extra-thin and there is a full set, together with a Jazz Ride.  The hi-hats are AA, splash and China are also Sabian HH.  There are also a pair of steel shelled timbalas.   All in all there is probably about £6000 worth of gear..  I paid about £2000 just for the new crash cymbals.   Its all going on ebay and I'll separate out the cymbals from the kit.   If you're interested, PM me.  It'll be going cheap!

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

Mrs Jimbob will hunt you down , DV...

ChristMalcs, the Foska Irn Bru vests are fab. Maybe Santa will bring you one.

Livin' in Wales won't save you, yer_maj...

• Options
    Neil Belgium wrote (see)

TD: glad to hear it went ok. Why didn't they just go in the other side last time? Or was he aiming for a different area?

My bum hurts after our "session" yesterday. Is it ok to say that on a public forum? image

oh, the temptation.....

• Options
    Neil Belgium wrote (see)

Dear oh dear....

Kaz - look at airbnb.com for affordable apartments in Paris

• Options
    Away in T' Manger.. wrote (see)

'Afternoon, all...

Phew! That's good news, TD. A spring of swimming and cycling, ahead, then..image You sound one third of a Paris Tri relay to me...Registration, 7 Jan.

Sounds fun ATM. What kind of a third would you like me to be?  I don't much like the idea of swimming in the Seine, not after what happened last year... and I think you already have a team cyclist?

Dark The Herald Angels Sing wrote (see)

Well...  housewives of the South-East beware...   I got my licence from UK Athletics today...  I am now insured and ready to roll..  image

The housewives will be all a-flutter DV. Make 'em sweat. image

Neil Belgium wrote (see)

Um, no, not with Leeds Rob stalking anyway. I had a hurty bum when I went cycling again at dark o'clock this morning and I had good padded shorts on yesterday.

• Options
    Iain Moore just read ur the tip about airbnb accomadation , just been online and been checking it out , looks good choice and value ,will book something once I know if I'm booking for one or two people
  • Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

@TD...Well, it's unlikely to happen 2 years in a row, eh? Neil sounds like another third and you(S) could trawl...It's just down the orad , for you. Emmy, can you swim?

walker, bedycasa.com is the same sort of site. I've had a coule of appartments through them and everything went well.

• Options
    We used owners abroad for our apartment in Paris
  • Options
    Walker - it's a great site. As per the others though, there are loads of alternatives.
  • Options

Only problem I have Iain, is that if I change companies I will lose the agency fee I paid, plus someone in Paris already has 400 euros of my money that I paid as a deposit.........image

• Options
    DV, I've already got a tasty ludwig maple kit which is my preferred choice for gigs n jams. Couldnt squeeze in another but good luck with the auction! ATM Mrs C has been in my life comin up 15 years so she is well trained when it comes to tolerating my selfish Muso ways.
  • Options

Hi folks,

Just checking in! I won't lie I haven't caught up entirely. That damn Bose advert kept annoying me so I only flicked through the last few pages!!!

Hope the bench is slowly clearing!

Are any of you on Garmin connect? I was using Endomondo but I'm growing a bit tired of the "mature dating" adverts (really!!!) so am going to switch! My user name is wardlinney if anyone wants to connect?!?!

Yer_maj - keep up the cycling, it's a great alternative to running while you're injured. I had a 3 year break from running for various reasons but did loads of cycling and when I switched back it really didn't take me long to get back up to speed! The only thing I'd add is a bit of core work! I was distinctly flabby in that area before the running mileage kicked in!!!

Weedy - Can you put me down for the Hereford New Year's Day 10K on 1st Jan and the Forest of Dean Half Marathon on 24th March on your mega list please!

Cheers image