Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options

Also stuck in work, Eurostar at 11 tomorrow - why so late?! Enjoy it everyone, good luck and hopefully see you at the Arc or i will be stumbling into the pub at some point.

• Options

Just packing then setting off for the airport in 30 minutes or so.

I'll see many of you before hand but bonne chance one and all!

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    @Elizabeth - I don't leave until tomorrow so if it doesn't turn up today - am happy to bring it with me image
  • Options

hi,

does anyone have any ideas on where on the course there is powerade supplied? I cant seem to find the informaiton on the website

Thanks

• Options

EDD125 - ive heard its at 22k and then another at around 32k

got another apointment to check on the tooth today at 2.30. Still got residual pain. Am told thats normal but want to be 100% sure that i am infection fee. May shnaffle a course of anti-biotics if he offers them to me as an extra precaution. I'm told its not infection and the pain is normal - but 5 months of training is not going down the pan! this tooth pain has really taken the shine off my final week - can't wait to meet all you fantastic people tomorrow. If you're anything like the people i have already met with from the thread then i'll be blessed to be in your company. Oops - feeling a bit of emotion!

• Options

Thanks for the informaiton Le Jimbob 

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

Edd125 - I'm not sure about the 32k marker. The map only shows one at 22k

"Energetic only 22km"

NGUG - are you not running?

Getting excited now with all of this talk of flags, trains etc - still in work though. image

• Options

imageimage DLR - The gel-belt has ARRIVED!  It's great, thanks. 

• Options

Orbutt - not this year - training went a bit awry - funny sort of year so far - and rather expensive year one way and another so didnt have the readies to pay out for all four of us to go.  Paris 2014 is a definite will focus again image and actually get some serious training under my belt! 

Good luck to you all though I will be thinking of youimage 

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

NGUG - missing you already image

• Options
    James B73James B73 ✭✭✭
    At expo. Got number. Running like clockwork......
  • Options

JB73: now YOU just got to run like clockwork image

• Options

Good luck everyone!! All the build up here has been great, hope everyone thoroughly enjoys Sunday. Wish I was travelling today but still working and not at thing packed.

Having a minor meltdown over the fact that I've spent the past two weeks fighting a sinus infection and now my sister who I'm travelling with and sharing a room with has got a shockin head cold. 24 hours in the vicinity of germs is not what you want the day before a marathon. Trying to keep calm, it will be fine.

I don't think I'll make it to the Arc before kick off but I'll be wearing a green/white/orange Ireland t-shirt so give me a holler as you pass me by! Will definitely be there for post race pints.

• Options
    PC -PC - ✭✭✭

James B, we crossed paths. Got my golden (green) ticket. image.  I wore my green ribbon but as the organisers didn't confer with ATM before chosing their colour, there is Green everywhere.  I was staring at everyone wondering if they were from the thread, I should have done the Orbot !

• Options

Just popped over from the Berlin thread to wish everyone safe journeys and good luck for Sunday. I'll be thinking about you's on Sunday when I'm teaching Bodypumpimage

David

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

DW20 - thanks mate image

• Options

One of the lurkers here - good luck to all on Sunday and hope you all acheive the times your're targeting.

Good prep for the race although i could have done with shedding a few more pounds. Nerves are kicking in good and proper... 

• Options

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!

• Options
    DW20 - greetings from CDG. Cheers fella. Looking forward to hitting Berlin again with you later in the year. Iain
  • Options
    Yep thought the expo was really quiet.....

Only hassle was trying to the kids who wandered off !
  • Options

Hi! A new lurker here. This thread is a gem, I went a few dozen pages back and found lots of answers to questions I had. One I am still wondering about, can anyone tell me at what mile/km the tunnels are? I want to give my friends/family accurate info about places to watch from, but I wasn't sure where the tunnels were.

Thanks! Good luck to everyone running! I am off to Paris in the morning, hoping the weather brightens up!

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭
    Runksmith-message me your email and I'll send you the supporters guide. As for the tunnels they're along the sienne after we pass the notre damme island.
  • Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭
    Expo done, number secured. Excellent and quick too.

Unsure about breakfast run as another dray off the for might be more sensible. Not that I am.

Iain and other movie goers - anything is fine with me. Where / when do we meet up? I'm right by the Arc.
  • Options
    Running Rodent wrote (see)
    TD - would you like a nice big Saltire to go with the St George's flagimage ?

I'm not worthy RR. I'm ½ English, ¼ Irish and ¼ Belgian and 100% European anyway. Don't have a lot of regard for nationalism or the often devisive effects of flags. Sunday I'll be waving and cheering like a mad 'un for everyone, but especially you my buddies (EVEN the ones with the light blue skin!).

Runksmith - between kms 22 and 27 there be darkness. Ye'll be awash in an orange glow.  Kms 38-41 there be inner darkness. But we'll be the light at the end of the tunnel to cheer you home

• Options
    Radar Sal wrote (see)
    Runksmith-message me your email and I'll send you the supporters guide. As for the tunnels they're along the sienne after we pass the notre damme island.

I keep trying to message you and it won't let me send! Can you message me, maybe it will work that way?

Thanks for the info Tricky Dicky!

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭
    Runksmith - email me on radar underscore sal at yahoo dot com dot au.

I don't think you have messages activated.
  • Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    Expo done. Now fed, watered and bib colour sorted. Just a note to anyone changing pen after collecting your bib go to the help desk just after the medical certificates section.
  • Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭
    I'm expo'd and bibbed. We had lunch in a Place that made Fawlty Towers look good!! Now made it to our apartment which is lovely image
  • Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭
  • Options
    James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

Well I qm with the wifes family in port royal using a non qwerty keyboard. very strange.

i walked round pqris thinking i was in the bourne films; especiqlly with the sound of the sirens.

had to have a little nap this afternoon, i was tatered.

very very nervous now.

it has become a reality.