Options

Pirate DIY Half IM 2014 - A hat tirck production

Comments

• Options

image... oh yes...forgot about that...but I didn't get lost on the run image

• Options

I got lost on the run, and did the first loop in something like 10 mins....if only I hadn't inadvertantly taken a short cut, and I really could run 3 min miles :P  Alas.....

• Options

Friday 11th April Pub Meal

Mrs SA
    Jordy 
    Littleclown 
    Siggy
    Lee the Pea
    Soupy

Seren (x2)

Saturday 12th April Olympic Distance

Saturday 12th April Half IM

Stanners 
    Mrs SA - TSHIRT (Med)
    Pudge - TSHIRT (Sml)
    Littleclown - TSHIRT (Med)
    Siggy - TSHIRT (XL)

Seren - TSHIRT (Sml)

Saturday 12th April Marshalling

SA - TSHIRT (Lge)
    Colourin 
    Al 
    Lee the pea - TSHIRT (Lge)
    Matt M and wife - TSHIRT (1xLge & 1xSml)
    Soupy - TSHIRT (Sml)

Saturday 12th April Pub Meal

SA 
    Mrs SA 
    Jordy - TSHIRT (X Lge)
    Stanners 
    Lee the Pea 
    Colourin 
    Al 
    Pudge 
    Littleclown 
    Siggy 
    Matt M and wife

Sunday 13th April Half IM

SA 
    Tired Badger 
    Colourin 
    Al 
    Razor 
    Horse 
    Matt M

Sunday 13th April Marshalling

Stanners 
    Mrs SA 
    Jordy 
    Pudge 
    Littleclown 
    Blue Steel 
    Siggy 
    Dawn Shadow - TSHIRT (Lge)
    Lee the Pea
    Seren

I think is now up to date with correct attendees and t-shirt requests...

Is there a preferred camp site?  I'll be up sleeping in my van!  Not sure how this will go as I've not been doing a huge amount.  In fact I've hardly been out on the bike - bad back, so the ride should be interesting!!

• Options
    MandMsMandMs ✭✭✭

I think is now up to date with correct attendees and t-shirt requests...

Is there a preferred camp site?  I'll be up sleeping in my van!  Not sure how this will go as I've not been doing a huge amount.  In fact I've hardly been out on the bike - bad back, so the ride should be interesting!!

hi siggy. 

We we will be camping as well so let us know where you end up booking and we will go to the same place.

Matt

• Options

If you have a caravan, a couple of people stayed at this place last year and gave it great reviews

http://www.strawberrywoodcaravanpark.co.uk/

If you are in tents then a PM to LittleClown who has space would be best, we already have a few camping in our garden

• Options

Just adding my T-Shirt request

Saturday 12th April Half IM

Stanners - TSHIRT (L)
    Mrs SA - TSHIRT (Med)
    Pudge - TSHIRT (Sml)
    Littleclown - TSHIRT (Med)
    Siggy - TSHIRT (XL)

Seren - TSHIRT (Sml)

Saturday 12th April Marshalling

SA - TSHIRT (Lge)
    Colourin 
    Al 
    Lee the pea - TSHIRT (Lge)
    Matt M and wife - TSHIRT (1xLge & 1xSml)
    Soupy - TSHIRT (Sml)

Saturday 12th April Pub Meal

SA 
    Mrs SA 
    Jordy - TSHIRT (X Lge)
    Stanners 
    Lee the Pea 
    Colourin 
    Al 
    Pudge 
    Littleclown 
    Siggy 
    Matt M and wife

Sunday 13th April Half IM

SA 
    Tired Badger 
    Colourin 
    Al 
    Razor 
    Horse 
    Matt M

Sunday 13th April Marshalling

Stanners 
    Mrs SA 
    Jordy 
    Pudge 
    Littleclown 
    Blue Steel 
    Siggy 
    Dawn Shadow - TSHIRT (Lge)
    Lee the Pea
    Sere

• Options

This is just in case but if anyone is camping and doesn't have a tent I'm on manchester for the marathon sunday and can try to drop one off at the SA's if they are willing. Don't think anyone will need a tent but have several and feeling bad about missing out on the bacon sandwich's. Oh and as a side note hopefully see some of you kids in manc. image

• Options
    AliBear30AliBear30 ✭✭✭

I really very sorry but between injury and family things I can't make this now. I really hope you all have a blast. If owe pennies for anything just let me know. Things just aren't quite working out so far this year!

• Options
    Thanks all for the t shirt requests I'm going in to see the printers so will also find out what their latest order can be if anyone else wants one etc... Depending on costs I may order an extra one or two...image
  • Options

might have  achange of plan.still coming friday but might be without youngest but will have middle son afetr i pick him up from liverpool..........youngest has got a cadet weekend that is more appealing.......

means I might just bring the little tent if its just me and middle son......won't need to bring as much crap imageimage

but its still a week away so anything can happen.image

• Options
    The Silent Assassin wrote (see)
    seren nos wrote (see)

If there enough marshalling on sunday i might be up for doing the half again and have fun chasing SA down on the bike image

Just make sure you don't get lost this time

Easier said than done, god knows where I was heading when SA found me on the run

• Options

you were going around in circles weren't you.....not the only one though......I got lost at the end of the bike..image

• Options

and at the beginning of the bike image

• Options

need to start thinking about which bike..do i get my racing bike out of the shed and make sure its fit for use after a winters rest.........or shall i carry on riding my old bike that has taking me through the winter

what are the roads like up their SA

• Options
    seren nos wrote (see)

what are the roads like up their SA

Steep. image

• Options

condition.......image

I am so up for this race image.......

what time are you looking to do the swim in Pudgeimage

• Options
    Mrs SAMrs SA ✭✭✭

Seren ..... starting to panic ...... "Race"?   image

Lets just say the course is "undulating".

If the weekend turns out like the last 2 years event, its going to be ace!! image

Still loads to do yet.   Just hope the miserable git doesn't rip down the arrow signs like last year. image

• Options

I remember most of the course from last year.just wondering about potholes etc after the winter rains...image

I am racing my time from last yearimage

• Options
    Cheshire... Plenty of pot holes and generally I manage to find most of them, I've only ridden part of the route in reverse recently and it didn't seem too bad on the whole for holesimage
  • Options
    Mrs SAMrs SA ✭✭✭

I rode a few laps of the course a few weeks back and i didn't come across anything too sinister.   There is a bit of a "rough patch" on Pexhill Road, but that is about it. 

Fingers crossed for decent weather. image

• Options
    seren nos wrote (see)

condition.......image

I am so up for this race image.......

what time are you looking to do the swim in Pudgeimage

Hoping for around 40 minutes - but we will see!

I've been planned all along to bring my TT bike, as this is what I'm planning on using in Lanza, and I want to treat this as a full dress rehearsal.  I just hope that I don't regret it with all this talk of hills and potholes!

• Options

coz there's absolutely no hills in Lanza at all eh? image

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

You do realise there are a few hills in Lanzarote?

(And some really bad roads for that matter, there's one stretch that's particularly noted for it.)

• Options

Guys this route just got speed bumps on it don’t worry there are a couple of dip’s on the road you will notice on the first lap on the bike if you mark them and get in the right gear for the next time round shouldn’t be any worries. If you want to take in some hills get Q to take you up to the fiddle for a pint after the race.image

• Options

Pudge.i might get in the same lane and see how long i can draft you for image

• Options

There's hills in Lanza?

Oh shit.

• Options
    seren nos wrote (see)

Pudge.i might get in the same lane and see how long i can draft you for image

Are you bringing your pull buoy? image

• Options
    Cake wrote (see)

get Q to take you up the fiddle.image

I so hope that's not a euphemism

• Options

imageimage Sorry forgot for a second you've been living in mac that long.