Options

Election 2015

Comments

• Options

Why on earth would you post it on youtube?

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

It just seems to be a very strange thing to do. 

• Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Indeed. How bizarre.

• Options

Click for an interactive poll predictor.

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Maybe he is proud of voting for UKIP. I can understand the desire for change and UKIP are definitely that.

Personally I would vote for the SNP, Plaid Cymru or one of the Irish parties if I could because labour, the Tories and even the lib dems are so similar it is almost impossible to separate them.

Because there is only 2 real option I will vote for the one that is not Tory.
  • Options

Why would anyone want to vote SNP?  Last I heard, they wanted nothing to do with England and would happily have broken off their little bit of the British Isles to go it alone!??!!  How could they possibly have anything to add to English politics other than breaking it up and causing chaos and misery for anyone south of their borders?

• Options
    Gideon Levy wrote (see)
    Maybe he is proud of voting for UKIP. I can understand the desire for change and UKIP are definitely that.

Personally I would vote for the SNP, Plaid Cymru or one of the Irish parties if I could because labour, the Tories and even the lib dems are so similar it is almost impossible to separate them.

Because there is only 2 real option I will vote for the one that is not Tory.

Gideon.once again we are of the same mindimage

• Options
    KenbroKenbro ✭✭✭
    Beth Roberts wrote (see)

Why would anyone want to vote SNP?  Last I heard, they wanted nothing to do with England and would happily have broken off their little bit of the British Isles to go it alone!??!!  How could they possibly have anything to add to English politics other than breaking it up and causing chaos and misery for anyone south of their borders?

Last time I looked the election is for a UK parlaiment.

• Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

I've been laughing at all this bollox about the SNP holding the rest of us to ransom. As Kenbro says, it's a UK election. The Scots had years of Tory governments in Westminster despite not voting Tory, but now the boot is on the other foot ...

I know little about the SNP's policies and I'm not in agreement with them on Trident. But if millions of them vote that way, north of the border or not, they have a voice and if the party can make that voice heard, it's just doing its job.

Accusing politicians of seeking power is like accusing publicans of running bars.

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Got to agree with you muttley. It seems that the Tories want the Scots to be British but that they don't want them to be able to influence British politics, which is bloody odd at best, and at worst it shows why the scots don't trust the English govt.
  • Options
    popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭

Lots of places have had years of Tory govts despite not voting for  them and to be fair lots have always voted Tory and had to endure Labour govts.    My problem with the SNP is that a large part of their appeal is to do the best for a geographic region in what is a national election.    They are largely appealing to Labour voters so an appeal broadly for a more equal society - but they are saying we'll make sure you Scots are looked after first and foremost.    Sturgeon seems to share most views with Plaid Cymru but I bet she isn't up for renegotiating the funding settlement for Scotland and Wales Which is far less favourable to the Welsh than Scotland. 

• Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

The way things are going, the Conservatives will be a solely England party soon.

• Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Gideon Levy wrote (see)
    Got to agree with you muttley. It seems that the Tories want the Scots to be British but that they don't want them to be able to influence British politics, which is bloody odd at best, and at worst it shows why the scots don't trust the English govt.

Nail, head.

I'm not wholly in agreement with all SNP policies, but there is a feeling that we don't matter to most politicians unless it suits them.  Like just about everyone in the country that's not in the South East get ignored until election time.

Nicola Sturgeon has said* that she will work to improve politics for the whole of the UK, because Scotland have voted to stay in the union.  One thing the referendum did for Scotland was to get lots more people engaged in politics, voting and caring about how the country was run.  That can't be a bad thing.

I guess it's a difficult position for the SNP to be in - having got the majority in the Scottish Parliament, and getting the referendum, they then lost the independence vote which is seen as their raison d'etre.  Should they just have thrown in the towel then?  They will need to be very careful if they do any deals with any party in Westminster, given the backlash against the LibDems (especially the Chief Secretary to the Treasury...).  They could easily find themselves out on their ear in the Scottish Parliament if they are seen to be too cozy with Labour (if they get in).

And if they do survive in Scotland, and there's been an unwillingness by the UK government (whoever that may be) to work with them, that may give them a perceived mandate for another referendum.

There could be a whole shitload of repercussions whatever the outcome.

*but she is a politician, so who knows what the reality will be if it comes to the SNP having any power in Westminster.

• Options
    NayanNayan ✭✭✭
    The Tories are doing their best to make sure scots MPs cannot vote on English affairs. This is quite a coup if they pull it off- the snp will destroy labour in Scotland but the seats they will will be of no use to millibard if he needs them to support a minority labour government vote by vote.

This costs thd Tories nothing in Scotland because they have bugger all up there. However it neuters the snp on a lot of stuff and clips labours wings too. It also means that lib dem seats become worth more than before. Probably it suits the current coalition more than anybody else.
  • Options

The voting cards have arrived. 

Still no idea who I'm voting for but I won't be posting a video about it on Youtube...

• Options
    DachsDachs ✭✭✭
    That UKIP voting video was enthralling stuff. I liked the way he marked the cross over and over again, just to pad it out a bit.
  • Options

How long until it overtakes Gangnam Style as most viewed I wonder?

• Options
    DachsDachs ✭✭✭
    Might take a while. He should've added a sex scene to pull more viewers in.
  • Options
    tfktfk ✭✭✭

whatever we might say about the snp and scots: salomond and sturgeon are pretty good at what they do...you could kinda imagine them negotiating on the international stage (milliband?...as clever as he is........not so sure)

• Options
    Dachs wrote (see)
    Might take a while. He should've added a sex scene to pull more viewers in.

There was some heavy breathing - right before the envelope went into the post box.

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭

The Tories are already an England only party, with the exception of small pockets of rich folk over the borders.  That in itself is fine but when they start the planned Gerrymandering they will seal the faith of the Union. That will make Blairs legacy look like a good move.

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭

I like Sturgeon as a politician, ditto Farage, they have sparked centre politics into life after years of apathy.
    I don't particularly agree with either of their policies but if it focuses the minds of the main 2 that can only be a good thing.
    Thought it a bit rich of Sturgeon when she moaned about raising retirement age being unfair on Scots as they don't live as long when she was minister for health and welfare for 3 or 4 years.

I'd vote for the party that comes up with a coherent policy for funding education when 50% go to university, for funding health, when people are living 15-20 years longer than when the NHS was created, and for funding non-contributory public sector pensions again when people are living longer (and statring work 3-4 years later). Sadly that won't happen in my lifetime.
    In the meantime I'll settle for the party that will be best for the UK and the economy over the next parliament.

• Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

If the polls are right, will be quite interesting what comes of all this. Could get messy. A lot could depend on who the Lib Dems do business with believe it or not. 

SNP are screwing Labour's chances, by taking seats from them in Scotland, and as fuel for tories to scare English voters.

• Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭

Nice bit of impartial reporting on the launch of the SNP manifesto by the BBC last night.

Not.

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Not really seen how the £140bln of extra spending will be funded. Upping higher tax rates and increased levy on bonus payments will hardly cover that, or is it all to come from scrapping a defence budget?
    Not sure why bank bonuses are targetted, surely all commercial bonuses above a trigger point should be subject to additional tax if it is to be implemented.

Nothing in there about equalising eductaion costs and prescription costs across the Uk either.

• Options
    NayanNayan ✭✭✭
    If a saleswoman gets paid a tiny basic salary but earns most of her income as commissions I don't see why she should pay extra tax on her 'on target earnings' just because some idiot classifies that as a 'bonus'
  • Options
    15West wrote (see)

If the polls are right, will be quite interesting what comes of all this. Could get messy. A lot could depend on who the Lib Dems do business with believe it or not. 

SNP are screwing Labour's chances, by taking seats from them in Scotland, and as fuel for tories to scare English voters.

i will be surprised if the libdems get more than half a dozen MP's.....they really cocked up..gave up all their beliefs and principles

• Options
    I keep laughing at Wallace and his going after "non-doms", is he really stupid enough to think they are going to stay and pay his tax hike ? Or are they going to move ?