Options

Election 2015

Comments

• Options

I'm not sure it's helpful make too many generalisations about UKIP - our UKIP candidate is a Muslim with Pakistani origins.

• Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    I'd say that the candidate is also blind or at least very short sighted.
  • Options

and female and gay maybe......

• Options
    DachsDachs ✭✭✭

I live in Teresa May's constituency.  No-one's bothering much to campaign round here.  Haven't even had any UKIP leaflets that I can throw in the bin.

• Options
    NayanNayan ✭✭✭
    Screama

I think I made a point of not generalising about ukip supporters even though I regard them all with equal revulsion. They can't all be nazis or Muslim haters clearly.

Cunk

'White trash' has always had a voice. Quite a loud one when it smashes your windows and assaults you. I can speak from experience. Taking poor people out of tax however has been talked about for a long time in libdem circles. You are probably right that ukip scapegoating immigrants to stoke up white anger has had something to do with the traction there.
  • Options
    NayanNayan ✭✭✭
    I quite like the Green Party Doris for entertainment value.

More doctors and nurses and an end to austerity. But we're going to shut down the economy and narrow the roads so fuck knows how we're going to pay for it. Oh yes soak the rich aka anyone who can afford a car and dares to fill up its tank.

Quite disappointed that she hasn't clicked her shoes together to produce a poisoned blade from her toecap. Would be quality.
  • Options
    I love the more doctors and nurses....

Being married to a doctor and having a daughter as a nurse, they both ask where all these doctors and nurses are coming from ?

And my OH's comments about senior doctors working weekends are unprintable ( other than to say, she won't be one of them)
  • Options
    DachsDachs ✭✭✭
    Dave The Iron Ex- Spartan wrote (see)
    Being married to a doctor and having a daughter as a nurse, they both ask where all these doctors and nurses are coming from ? 

It's clearly incumbent on you to breed more of them, Dave.

• Options
    I said married..... So no breeding going on round here !
  • Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Isn't India where all the doctors will come from? Isn't that what the set up there was all about?

I have said it before but an electoral system where you voted for individual policies rather than one party is the way forward. That way you will always get a coalition and they all have to do what had been voted for, unlike the Glib Dems letting the Tories block their one main pledge then them refusing to play ball in other areas, it would mean one mandate and an end to things not getting done.
  • Options

I've done a lot of reading about the candidates in my constituency, spent many hours studying the manifestos, have emailed each candidate asking for their views on various topics including the economy, the local borough and what they will do that will improve my quality of life.

As a result of all of that, I'm going to vote for the bird with the biggest tits.

• Options

Words of wisdom from Sir Humphrey Appleby

Humphrey: "The only way to understand the Press is to remember that they pander to their readers' prejudices."

Hacker: Don't tell me about the press, I know exactly who reads the papers:

The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country;

The Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country;

The Times is read by people who actually do run the country;

the Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country;

the Financial Times is read by people who own the country;

The Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country; and

The Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is.

Sir Humphrey: Prime Minister, what about the people who read The Sun?

Bernard: Sun readers don't care who runs the country, as long as she's got big tits.

• Options

finally had the leaflet for the lib dems throufgh th post........

the guy doesnty tell you a single fact about himself apart from his name...no background.no idea of his job or lifestyle.so no idea if he has any of the qualities i would want my MP to have...

he does quote a lot of twaddle about what the lib dems will do......I would think he might get more chance of a vote if he tried it on a personal level....

• Options

managed to find his conection with the area through the internet...

Caerphilly

I have a longstanding connection with Caerphilly for years through family. I have been visiting the town regularly enjoying both the beautiful scenery and the friendliness of its people.  It was a pleasure and honour to be chosen as the Lib Dem PPC for Caerphilly and look forward to serving this wonderful community as a member of parliament if elected “Just Like That” (in the words of Caerphilly’s own son Tommy Cooper).

so he has visited the castle once.....what about the rest of the constituency

• Options

Yeah, he probably lives in Cheadle image

• Options

De Montfort University  

Leicester,

. well he must really understand the needs of the old mining valleys

• Options
    DachsDachs ✭✭✭

I bet he eats a lot of Caerphilly cheese.  That's all you need to know really.

• Options

I have no idea who to vote for to be honest, I'm disengaged about the whole thing because I'm tired of hearing them all just slagging each other off without actually ever answering a question properly.

Heard Cleggy on Radio 1 yesterday afternoon, and I thought he did ok, until he just started pointing out at the end of every sentence that Labour caused the problems!! Well, I'm not interested in that.  We all know who caused the issues and when, I just want to hear how its going to be sorted.  Honestly, it's like a playground full of squabbling kids!

Then, I get a leaflet through my door from the Lib Dems saying that a vote for anyone else in our constituency is a vote for Labour or the Tories!!!!  Nothing much about what they're going to do, can do or have done.  It's just meaningless shitty drivel and I don't even read it anymore before binning it (which irks me as I know most people are doing the same and basically killing rain forests).

So, no idea who to vote for.  No-one has more than one policy that I'm interested in. I wish Monster Raving Loonies were still about, they had more sense than the rest of the shower put together!

• Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭

Our incumbent is Danny Alexander.....................

I hope to see the smug smile wiped off his smug little smuggy smug face.

• Options
    I get a Nicola fix tonight.... Wonder what shoes she will have on ?
  • Options
    Gideon Levy wrote (see)
    Isn't India where all the doctors will come from? Isn't that what the set up there was all about?
    I have said it before but an electoral system where you voted for individual policies rather than one party is the way forward. That way you will always get a coalition and they all have to do what had been voted for, unlike the Glib Dems letting the Tories block their one main pledge then them refusing to play ball in other areas, it would mean one mandate and an end to things not getting done.

The BBC have kindly obliged (sort of):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32320814

• Options
    Dave The Iron Ex- Spartan wrote (see)
    I get a Nicola fix tonight.... 

Separated at birth:

/members/images/855487/gallery/fandabbydozy.jpg

• Options
    Nope... That's a very old picture of Janet...
  • Options

It does rather suggest that the current Nicola will some day turn into the current Jeanette though...

• Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭

Hahaha! Love it!

(I like NS, I have to say, but that is soooo funny)

• Options

Fandabidozee ! image