Options

Torbay Half Marathon

13»

Comments

• Options
    Mick an Phil...see you at Mansfield ;)
  • Options
    First Half Marathon for me - wasn't expecting it to be quite so hilly, I felt it going up the hill past the Livermead Hotel last time round - ouch!! Finished in 2:08.00 - something to beat for next year maybe?! Good race though and yes I forgot the suncream too (wasn't expecting it to be quite so hot,hot, hot !!
  • Options
    Hi Jon Knight 3

Torbay isn't hilly

It's just slightly undulating , it was good fun , plenty of support

You enjoyed it really !!!!!!!!!!
    Bee good
  • Options
    It means so much that word, "Undulating"...

Anyway, I have discovered that the 'hill' is bigger on the second lap. Even my Garmin put it as being higher as well :)

• Options
    my first half marathon too, really enjoyed it. got a little hotter than i wanted it to on the second lap, and with middle hilly section definitely made it a challenege. still got round in 1:42 so was pretty chuffed.
    would recommend the course for next year, great scenery and loads of friendly people cheering you on.
  • Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    Hope you all had a good run. Sorry I wasn't there to cheer you on.

I've been told that the finishing clock times differ from the results - was the clock slow?
  • Options
    Top day out, shame about the lack of suncream, ouch indeed! Got round in 1.40 which I'm happy with as currently have gallstones visiting my system! Was good to see (and shocking the speed they go at) the lead runners, so that's what 5.30 miling looks like!

Someone said earlier on the thread it wasn't too interesting a view, compared to usual views it was, looking forward to next year!

Well done all who took part
  • Options
    Decided I will give it another go next year, in the meantime I will get some five and 10k runs in as well as my refereeing. so should be in a fit state to complete then!