Options

Scottish Runners

Comments

• Options
    No problem Nessie, enjoy the concert. I saw him in 1981 - I hope he's worn better than me.
  • Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    I saw him in October at Wembly Arena, and he was fab (which is why we are going again). Played non-stop for over 3 hours - not bad for a man of his age!
  • Options
    He played for over 3 hours in '81 but he needed an interval then - maybe you do get better with age
  • Options
    Hi, there is a Fraserburgh 10k on 8th June at 1pm, you can register on the day up until 12.30pm, cost £6 a £1 extra on the day. If anyone interested I can give more details.

Good luck to all those racing this weekend.
  • Options
    Well I eventualy plucked up the courage to go to the harriers last night. they run so much faster than me, was feeling sick after 30 mins, and they had to keep coming back for me, I was running with the injured guys !!! ok ... not a good start, but I'll try again next week.
    Nessie, I have no idea where in spain I'm going, but it is hot cheap and hopefully cheerful, and apparently it is the islands near Morroco.. (that doesn't seem right)
  • Options
    Well done Daisy duke.. you made the first step!!
  • Options
    Hi folks. Sorry I have'nt posted for a while but I have been reading all the messages. Have not done much running since Paris marathon but have entered for the Polaroid series. Also thinking of doing East Kilbride Half. Anyone doing the Dublin Marathon? I have not entered yet but have booked my flights just in case.
  • Options
    Anyone doing the BA women's 10 K on May 18th? Should be even bigger and better than last year. Looking forward to the Polaroid series also.
  • Options
    Just a reminder that it is the Troon 10km this Wednesday. It's fast and flat and one of the quickest in Scotland.
    Daisy - Well done on taking the first step. Don't be put off by the speed merchants. They'll be just grateful that you came along.
    Eeyin - Have you completed any of your marathons yet. Seen your spread in the 'Tele' a few weeks back.
  • Options
    Scout.. I'm doing the BA 10k... Have you got your race pack yet...? I haven't.. hope they haven't forgotten me!!
  • Options
    MM ✭✭✭
    Hi Mands
    I haven't got my race pack yet either!
    M
  • Options
    Hi everyone

Did anyone else do the Lochgilhead Half yesterday? Have you dried out yet? I think my shoes should be dry in time for Balmoral on Saturday!!!

It was wet, then very wet, then it just poured for a bit then it got wet again and windy for the last few miles. It was however a good course and a very well organised run so if you get a chance then try it next year.

T
  • Options
    I ran the Lochgilphead Half yesterday. Fanstastic course and a very well organised event.

Didn't enjoy the fact that it was so wet, I couldn't feel my hands after about the first mile.

I agree with Teflon that it is well worth the trip to Lochgilphead
  • Options
    Living on the East Coast (Fife) from about September to now we have strong winds to contend with. In fact recently did 13 miler and was almost bent double at times! On top of that it is very hilly so it is good to get to the Glasgow area for some respite when I do for eg the Glasgow half. I am from there originally. I am thinking of doing the East Kilbride this year.

Nice and sunny this morning when I had early run but still the strong winds. Still gives you that weather beaten look.
  • Options
    Hi folks, just a quickie to say that the URWFRC has a team entry for the Great Scottish run in Glasgow, if you want to run for the URWFRC just put those letters in as the team name and team number 1 on your entry form.

See you all there on the 7th September

SB
  • Options
    being new to this , what is URWFRC?
  • Options
    Hi Mands and M,
    Nope, no race pack here, not heard a peep actually. Should hear something this week I reckon! Enjoy yourselves.
  • Options
    MM ✭✭✭
    You too Scout. I've got the Great Caledonian Run to get through this weekend before I can even think about Glasgow!! looking forward to both though.
  • Options
    Teflon and Fleegle, yup, I was at Lochgilphead too! at about 5 miles I actually looked down just to check my shorts hadn't fallen off as I had no feeling from the waist down, just numb cold legs. I found the last couple of miles really hard, into that wind, but although I set off a bit too quick I still did a PB by over 1 min so I was delighted. Took ages to warm up afterwards though. Nessie, you were right it was a good course, and it was a well organised event. Shame you missed the year when you certainly wouldn't have been bothered by the heat!!! (and that's an understatement!)
  • Options
    Who's going up to Balmoral this Saturday? I'll be there and if I remember to take it I'll be wearing my Strathearn Harriers Club Vest. Number 593, give me a big cheer when I finish and say hi!

M, can we plan a candelestine meeting behind the bike shed? I'd love to say "Sorry Guys gotta go, I've a meeting with M behind the bike shed. Got to pick up my next assignment" Sorry I've just had a vision of Judy Dench in running gear - whoa - I'm off for to polish the shaguar.

Eat your heart out Pierce Brosnan

T
  • Options
    MM ✭✭✭
    Ha! The funny thing is the office number I work in is B007 - pure coincidence!

Can't remember my exact number but it's in the early 400's. Will look out for you Mr Brosnan!!

M

• Options
    Hi Coastal Runner,

All the people who post on the Runners World Forums is a member of can become a member of URWFRC (Unofficial Runners world forum running club). We are mad and bad, but we all love running no more how good bad or indifferent we are.
  • Options
    M

I can't get the image of Judy Dench in running gear out of my mind argh!

T
  • Options
    SwissBobby

When you get to Glasgow you may find that your name is pronounced "boaby" as in bo-by. You should hook up with some local forumites who could help you with the Weggie dialogue. Unless of course your going to tell me that you are an expat doing some missionary work out in Switzerland! To miss quote Father Ted: - "That money was only resting in my Swiss Bank account"

T
  • Options
    MM ✭✭✭
    Sorry Teflon, you'd be disappointed - I look nothing like Dame Judy!
  • Options
    I am that missionary.
  • Options
    Hey M I won't be disappointed if you DONT look like Judi Dench. Trust me on that one!

T
  • Options
    MM ✭✭✭
    Will look out for your race number on the day Teflon and will say hello if I see you.
    M
  • Options
    CCCC ✭✭✭
    Hi Teflon, M,
    I will be at Balmoral on Saturday my number is 605 I will look out for you. It is my first time there, so I am looking forward to it.
  • Options
    MM ✭✭✭
    Hi CC, myself and Slow Jo are aiming for an hour so we'll be near the back!
    M