1235»

Comments

• Options
    NZChristine....

35.35 set about 15 years ago!!!

If only i could get near it! :)
  • Options
    evening

you do get lots to type if you're on after 21:00 don't you....

have lost count of the PBs - but from memory think great congrats are due to Paul l, Pammie, RFJ (especially - 4 minutes under?) and oft. Well done.

looks like a solid 10K tigerrunner - how much more to come?

MikeB - 73:40 on an off day is pretty sharp going

lots more well dones due:
    Wardi - hope you enjoyed your birthday outing if not the ovine hazards
    SGQ - good going
    Hilly - another prize
    Minks - hope it's sub-45 soon
    Mrs SiT - great stuff on your comeback
    RFJ, 90 minutes - maybe not PBs but still solid ½M performances

personally:
    what: 8.4 miles in 65:20
    why: trying to go a bit longer

Mixed feelings about this one. Toe seemed OK after an hour or so, so decided to go on a shortened version of one of my longer "Sunday" courses - this does include one significant climb - first time I've done any hills in training since the change in style.

Got up the hill with incredible ease (just exaggerated the forward lean & it seemed so easy) - but didn't enjoy the downhills that followed. Still going OK up to about 5 miles - then (local muscle) fatigue set in & the form began to go. Got slower & slower with strides shortening all the time - last mile well outside 8 minutes.

Oh well, mileage in the bank. 34½ in last 7 days - hope to maintain the upward trend....
  • Options
    your SB account appeared while I was typing (slowly) Micksta. Well run and well dodged btw ;-)
  • Options
    Mike S

Cheers, very pleasing result for me and a confidence raiser! Glad I dodged what I did, would have made me a rather unpleasant site to see and smell at the end! ;)
  • Options
    Shall I do the full list?
    I'll start with my feeble efforts. 5.5 miles at 8m/m. Leg not perfect, but it didn't scream STOP at me, and I too may be in for a rebuild phase after Cardiff. This week's total is 10 miles.

Clink, Mike S thanx for your thoughts.
    Wardi - HPTY - hope that you enjoyed it. Well done at Bramham 10k
    Mava - you'll be fine
    RFJ - Good time from Brizzle, well done on the 4 min PB
    SGQ Excellent Cricklade 1/2 - You sounded to be well within yourself at 8m/m, is it time that you set yourself the PB challenge?
    Paul L - Nailed it! Well done, another PB - and excellent well crafted race.
    Hilly - You certainly pulled that rabbit out of the hat - YAY - 42 min 10k os respectable off road. Shows that those cylinders are firing again. How's the back tonight?
    Pammie - YO! That's the way to do it! Another ace PB and anpother well crafted race. This thread is rocking!
    Minks - What more 10k pbs? Is everybody improving?
    Mike B - Maybe no PB, but a good run out with esteemed company at Brizzle
    OFT - Ace - another PB - Job well done. Obviously the tapr lark works for HMs too.
    RFJ - at Brizzle too - another happy PB Bunny. That 1:30 is just around the corner. There's several available to sign up to...
    90 - You gave Burnham a good go, so well done for that. 1:33 is not to far off target. People have been slicing 3 mins off today, so it can be done.
    Micksta - Another good run out at Sarfend 10k. I hope that you managed to completely avoid Mr Rolfe - you don't want any of those germs.

Phew! Super Sunday... 'tis better than Grandstand.
  • Options
    90 Minutes well run today.

Micksta well run and hope you get what you want at GSR

URR - Mavericks in stock:o)
  • Options
    I didnt even make 10 miles this week
    :(((((
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Evening again

Its great here on a Sunday night seeing how everyone’s done so much better than tv.

Gary thanks – pleased as punch. There are some silly idiots about, everyone is in a rush these days Hope they don’t cancel the L2B

Popsider well done to your partner that’s a superb time.

RFJ well done and take care of that blister.

Melissa get well soon

Tigerruner well done esp the day after a long run.

SiT Good news, I hope it’s a new beginning for you and congrats to Mary

90 minutes well done, just outside your target but still a crackin’ performance. You know what you have to do. And I know you’ll get there.

Micksta – a SB that’s still good going. 3:08 first km that doesn’t bear thinking about.
    Good luck for next weekend. Is that another seaside run.
    No worries – though was a bit worried that they didn’t let you back over the border to kent. ;o)

• Options
    Nicely spotted URR.

Chicken Tikka starter, couple of poppadums and a pickle tray
    Lamb Jalfrezi and Pilau Rice
    2 pints of Stells:-)
  • Options
    SiT - fantastic news - take it easy now!
  • Options
    nrg-bnrg-b ✭✭✭
    Micksta: Well Done on the 10k - just make sure BR doesn't get the takeaway from the same place as your colorful friend ;-)

SiT: Best of luck with the comeback. Did you get a chance to unpack the DVD player?
  • Options
    Hello folks

Just back from the Oban HM...I'll quickly post now, as I'm happy if Knackered.

Got my 2nd PB in 2 weekends...1hr53.56.(old PB 1.57.40)

I'm off to bed now, but I'll post properly tomorrow.

You know-sometimes I'm feeling as though I can REALLY run...next barrier 1.50
  • Options
    Hoorah! I’ve discovered cut and paste. It’s time for celebrating as there as so many PB’s today – fantastic!

Mava – I think your baby picture looks like a girlie anyway! Sorry to hear about sore throat, look after those tonsies. Still lots of time to Abingdon, so I’m sure by then all will be dandy!

Melissa – the lurgy is lurking in Plymouth big time!

Hollywood- no it wasn’t Bryans house in my dream. :0( And the dreams seem to have stopped (at the mo)

Big huggles for Sodahead ((((sodahead)))), good to hear your run went well today.

WP-well done on 19 miles, I think you def made the right decision. RE: your encounter with police car chasing (was it a ram?) I think it’s YOU that’s been stealing my magic mushroom double Decker sanies, I wondered who had had them! <<scoobs give WP an accusing look>>

Wardi – Hicky Burpday (or it should be by now) Fab race – well done, as for sheep jumping in the air, I’m getting VERY suspicious now about who has stolen scoobs sanies!

Bambi Legs –like the piccies, you have VERY good taste as you have exactly the same running top as moi!

RFJ – wow a 4 min PB, that’s very impressive, well done!

SGQ- what a great race and finishing strong too, well done to you too!

PaulL – well done on your PB

Congrats to Hilly – first place that is fantastic!!!!

Pammie – Wow you did it! I hope you’re celebrating!

Minks – well done on your PB!

Oft _ well done at Bristol another person to get a PB!

Mike well done on Bristol too, hope the ear is feeling better.

Well done on your run tigerrunner, off the back of 12.5 miles – can’t be bad!

That’s good news SiT and to Ann too!

Sounds like things are boding well for your sub 90 at Chedder 90 mins. Are you planning on doing Plymouth half this year? Or/and Bideford of course!

Micksta –eeeeeww! I would have been furious if he had managed to get any on me! Well done in the puke and wind too!

Flying Fifer – you are flying! Fantastic!

And of course a huge well done to all long runs d&d today – respect!

And of course a big well done to those peeps that are calm whilst tapering. Tell scoobs your secrets please!

I hope I haven't missed anyone!

Scoobs
  • Options
    sorry. X post. Wrong thread.
  • Options
    blistie - you are hilarious!

Nighty night training thread!
  • Options
    Evening,

Can I copy your post Blisters?

Very well done on 1st lady Hilly, and so soon after your marathon as well.

Congrats Pammie, RFJ, Minks on your pbs, and everyone who raced today.

What: Ian Hodgson memorial fell relay.
    We had 3 teams in the event which attracts 60+ teams with 8 runners in each running in pairs. Had reccied the course a couple of weeks ago but made far better route choices today thank fully. We arrived far too early so hung around ogling the cream of fellrunning totty haring down to Kirkstone Pass car park and hand over to the next pair.
    Route went straight up Red Screes from Kirkstone Pass; we had started seconds before local rival club (male team) so resigned ourselves to being overtaken pretty quickly. In fact we got to checkpoint 1 before them after what is basically a scramble up several wet gullys. Fab descent to Scandale pass, then on towards Dove Crag. Rivals still hadn't overtaken but were hot on our heels; the terrain was pretty tough for running, extremely wet, boggy, thick clumpy grass, wet stones. Near the 2nd checkpoint we found a runner sitting on the ground, turned out he'd basically gone hyper returning from his leg and so we lost a few minutes dressing him in all our spare kit and forcefeeding him chocolate etc. Got his name & club and informed stewards at checkpoint who eventually (we later found out) got him into their tent and once rested he was OK.
    Before the race I'd consulted every fellrunning stalwart in Kendal as to the best route off Dove crag and it seemed there was a choice between the suicidal route to the left of the stream, or the merely impossible on the right. We took the right and gained about 5 minutes on our rivals over a 25 minute descent, yippee! (it had become ludicrously important not to let them overtake us despite the fact that it would make no difference to our team placing being a mixed team!) The initial descent was hairy and involved slipping & sliding down a greasy gully practically on our backsides. Took a fall at one point but got away with cut hands. Time: 1.19, virtually the same as Keswick mountain champs, despite the distance being nearly 2 miles less so that gives an indication of how difficult the terrain was.
    We finished 6/11 mixed team, got a nice bottle of beer and put the word out about our kit which will hopefully find its way back to us eventually. Main thing is the guy was OK.
    Really enjoyed the whole event, but in total sulk tonight nevertheless as I've just found out Langdale Horseshoe next w/e has been full for weeks and it was a target race for this autumn, damn!
  • Options
    90 mins & Micksta congrats on season's bests.

Micksta - you'll have to get someone to hold you back in the first k and you might get that PB! We have this 10k race coming up soon that actually has a rocket award - $250 for the first male and female to get to the 2.5k mark first - they must finish the 10k to be eligible. It would suit you perfectly;-)

Tigerrunner - good that you've only dropped 2 minutes over a 10k in 15 years!

Flying Fifer - congrats on your half marathon PB.

Scooby - I'll have what you're having;-)

Scar Runner - great report - you're one tough lady - such a challenging event very important too on what route choices you make.