Sub 3

Comments

• Options

OO Cornish Marathon

2:58:57 TT
    2:58:59 Do2
    2:59:37 OO
    3:00:51 Dull
    3:01:02 Blisters (I still think that you'll win it. No pressure then.)

Sure, your rivals from the SW would LOVE to take you down a peg, but you just destroyed them at Newton Abbot. I think that you've got one up in the mental game. Go out there, and believe in your own ability. From what you said before, this is even more of a strategy race than DMV and it's yours to lose by over exuberance in the first half. We all want you to go out there and eat the opposition, you tiger, you! The time's irrelevant. It's P1 or shame.

Good luck.

• Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    OO Cornish Marathon

2:58:57 TR

Dull changed me from a TR to a TT.

Glad you've got through the speed work in one piece DoT, I did 4x 1mile reps back in May !!
    Don't reckon I'll see the benefit now.

2 or 3 runs per day Gobi, you'll bag a TR std weeks worth of running in 2 days.
    Sounded like a Pug "time to get the balls out of the barracks" post to me.
    You'll either knock spots off all your PB's or spontaneously combust !
    I'm sure you could jam in a 4th run some-days. Some folks lack a bit of commitment at times.

Just seen the weather forecast, I think I need to add 10 mins to my OO time - but don't have the heart to do it. Wall of stardom awaits !

• Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    OO Cornish Marathon

• Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    DoT

You're early with the Panto. I'm going on New Years Eve again, Orville and Cuddles (again).
  • Options

Village am dram society TR - in the local village hall where my kids live - tis my weekend so I get the honours.

If they come through this one without displaying too much boredom I may take them to a big production over the festive season sometime.

• Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    My lot love it - same old gags every year.

• Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    "I 'ate that Duck".

On a running theme. Bramley 20 form ready for posting.

20 miles at MP (whatever that is by the end of Feb - hopefully better than 6m 52s per) and see if the wheels come off.
    Local 10k in March and the Ryde 10M on 3rd Feb - cos its supposed to be a right beast, and that'll make me run the TR peaks a lot before then which will make me a strong(er) boy.

Tergat MP will be decided after Bramley, that's the next 5 months sorted.

Just got to Don the trainers and get out the back door here and there before Feb. Otherwise 20 miles at MP will be a bit messy with 3 runs of over 13 miles to my name since March.

If the calves loosen up, then Gosport 1/2 is a go-er in 10 days.
  • Options
    Oh yes they are!
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    LOL TR, I have been known to do 4 runs a day :¬)

Would be good to have someone to run round with at Gosport

NtS, cross court training is important you know
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    Woke up with a sweat at Gobi o’clock and had to dash for the potty – thought I was going to have to throw my first sickie since I’ve worked at the current place (12 years), couldn’t face that – they already think I’m gay.
    So I drank some polfilla mix and took the car instead of the bike. Didn’t fancy having to dive for the bushes and fumble about with numb fingers.
    Undecided about a lunch time swim yet – didn’t bring my aqua nappy

I like your intentions Gobi, but I’m sure I want you jogging alongside telling me how well I’m doing at 1h 25m pace, whilst you’re having a cup of tea in your arm chair.

See if you can keep up with the barefoot beard – you’re nearer his standard than mine.
  • Options
    PadamsPadams ✭✭✭

Coro/JEJ - at the swimming session I was at last night I discovered who's in the Luton team organised by the very good triathlete. There's him (72 HM), a guy from my running club (sub 16 5K at peak but probably nearer 17 at the moment, and not sure he's ever done a 10M race or longer), and the guy I was swimming with (17:40 at Stevenage 5K on Wednesday, clubmate of Coro's). So we should see them off unless something goes badly wrong.

Knee feels better today after two runs and a swim! So will try to fit in two more easy runs today before long run tomorrow morning. Then nothing on Sunday as I'll be at Gatwick and on a plane to Tampa all day!

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    TR, as I get further into this "rest period" my endurance is getting worse so by next weekend 85 might be a good time.
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    What about Rach is she running there – she must be 1h 23 ish or better by now ?
    DanA may be shooting for a quickish time if he runs.

If the weather is like GSR then I’m staying indoors anyway.

The big problem occurs if I want to run and my nipper has a morning kick-off.
  • Options
    Oh! Just been browsing my club's website and I think I might have added to my marathon plans for next year...

Kent AC’s 110th Anniversary is in 2008.

To celebrate this fantastic achievement the club is planning a trip to run in the New York Marathon on Sunday 2nd November 2008...

110th?? Bit random, innit? Ah well, any excuse...
  • Options
    Haven't looked at the weather forecast, which I may regret, but:

OO Cornish Marathon

2:59:20 Jools
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    OO Cornish Marathon

3:03:03 Gobi (it looks good written down)

TR

Rach is running and should still be in 1.23 ish shape but like me she has been light in the endurance training area lately but her short speed is impressive right now.

DanA, what are you aiming for at Gosport?
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    What a chuckle.

If you and Rach are short on endurance after racing a few ½’s lately. Then I’m fcked, I’ve run more than 13 miles 3 times since March. And certainly don't have any short speed.
    I have a diet of easy 6’s and 8s plus a few 10’s to my name, although I did do 12 last Sunday.

But that’s wayyy more than got me a 1h 26m last year. So I should do about 75 min this year, based upon the improved training.

I thought endurance was cumulative.
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    LOL TR

2 months of no running over 6 miles with the exception of 2 flat out halfs a flat out 10 and 1 x 10 miler done at 2 different paces is not a good way to maintain endurance. YES I grant you I am still in a good place but not where I was at GER 5 weeks ago.

G

ps. the last 3 weeks I have run about 100 miles.
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    Looks like you'll be eating my dust then !
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
  • Options

3:02:01 marders (nearly looks as good written down)

Been browsing this thread for the last couple of days but it all happens so fast 'm gonna do a combined post on various things discussed!

Dogs - feck em.  I had a couple of dogs set on me whilst out running which was not pleasant (partly provoked by me as I was protecting Mrs Marders, but still, who sets dogs onto ya, gutless so and so's).  And the leashes these days are so long that the dog wanders all over the place and you nearly trip up on the blardy lead!

Bags - I would say over 90% of my training is done with a bag on, fully loaded, and at a decent clip.  I just tighten all the various straps and it seems to be fine.  I'm "lucky" that I live over 10 miles from work so my run home is a decent one.  Also, when I race or run without a bag, all of a sudden I'm 5kgs lighter so can go for it!

Training - All this talk of 15 days consecutive runs got me motivated and I have just logged my 6th consecutive day (sounds pitiful compared to others!) and so far for the week I have put over 70 miles behind me.  My previous best was 5 days and about 53 miles.  I might even make today my first double as I ran into work and I may just run home too.  Did a lunchtime run the other day around hyde park.  It was a nice change to be able to see where I was running, oh, and just for TR, I had the pleasure of following some shapely lesser spotteds for a bit.

Gosport - I'd like to do this but don't think it's gonna happen.  Its' Mrs Marders' b'day that weekend so might have other plans.  I could always take her away for the weekend down that way and "...oh, what's this, a half marathon on Sunday, and I can enter on the day, well, lucky I bought my running gear...".  I'm sure she wouldn't mindimage

Joining a club - thanks to everyone's comments on joining a running club, I haven't been to a club night yet so will keep ya posted on what happens.

That's about all I can remember from the past few days for now... time to eat lunch!

• Options

sorry, lost the heading 

OO Cornish Marathon

3:02:01 marders (nearly looks as good written down)

• Options

Hi everyone,

Just come to this thread as I am aiming for a sub 3 at next years FLM. I managed a 2:52 in 2006 but suffered in the heat in 2007 and finished in 3:09.

I'm curious to know what people's 10k pb are in relation to a sub 3 marathon. Mines 37:10 but sort of get the feeling that it should be a bit better.

• Options

I like the 10km question:
    Sept 2005 - 2:59 marathon
    Sept 2007 - 32:04 10km

• Options

Hi Paul,

T'other way round for me.  36:01 in a Summer 10k which I've yet to convert into a convincing marathon time (well, I've only done one).  3:04 at FLM this year, but definitely gunning for significantly-sub-3 in Paris next April.

• Options

Afternoon All, the jelly arse is back!

How is everyone?! Hope everyone is running well, recovering from injury etc! Apologies for the disappearing act but been flying back and forth across the pond a bit like a yoyo the last couple weeks.

Havent had chance to scan and catch up yet so have no idea whats going on with anyone!

My running going quite well. Last post was before the XC relays which were good. I arrived (after not being in a team) ready to run 2nd leg (of 3 leg team) in C team. Was feeling fine about it, no pressure. Then I get there and its all changed and I am B team, last leg after tara bloody Krywicki - superspeedy! However it was ok and had a reasonable run and our team came in 13th which was good. A team came 2nd.

Slowly building mileage and now thinking of changing marathon tactics......thinking of going for 2.50 at marathon next sept/oct and doing low key marathon end of April to run sub 3.15 as a stepping stone. Was looking poss at Lochaber but we shall see.

Right must get some work done but will check back later.......image

• Options

Hurrah, Jelly Arse is back!

Since you've got an precious FLM entry, why not just use that as a stepping stone? You'd enjoy it. 

• Options
    I think 37 is well in for a sub 3 assuming you have some base mileage to go with it, just ignore my comparison below as I class my marathon as a bit of a balls up for various reasons, in reality I shoulda been closer to 2:50 on that day!

Sept 2007 - 2:58 marathon
    Oct 2007 - 35:21 10k
  • Options
    Apr 07 10k PB 37:55
    Oct 06 Mar PB 3:01:29

FLM07 3:03:05. I didn't think it was that hot.

I reckon anything sub 38 and you are more than capable. I haven't done it becuase I've been unlucky.