Options

Any brand new runners out there?

Comments

• Options
    awwww, G and Skellie picking on each other, just like old times image
  • Options

late home from work so i think i'll repeat this mornings run and try and leave on time tomorrow so i can get the run in in the evening to avoid another early run on friday.

Gotta get the 3 mid week runs in after all image

Met office have a heavy rain/snow warning out anyway

• Options

Keith heavy rain/snow are you exagerating again tis nothing but a few litle showers forecast image

Skellie what colour are your new tights???Thought you may have been a little braver and went for stockings with your dress but never mind imageimage You say you keep forgetting to log your runs on fetch do we believe you mmmmm???????

Lucy that was a pretty fab run in my books crikey are you sure you have only been running for 8 weeks.Wildwill's wife only trains by run/walk and runs her races and managed a HM 2 HR 10 approx. As for being ready i have heard that on the day adrenalin can play a big part in helping you around as well.My mate K done GNR last year in 2hr 25 ish and only done a 10 mile run before her race day she did have one short walk tho but thoroughly enjoyed it so much so she has entered again this year and the next two as well image

Jen i have decided that i will let G Skellie and Em be the naughty little kids and i can be mum and keep them in check but i may need your help for when i not here.Let me know how things go tomo with the doc about your foot/ankle.

Em poor you having to do jury duty hope it goes quickly for you.G do you know if she is still getting out for a run or not???

OK well i'm off now i think i may even go to bed early that missed nights sleep has really knackered me out image BE GOOD KIDS!!!!!!!!

• Options

i was a bit baffled at the snow forecast as they aint non forecast here, heavy rain at 8-9ish mind

snow must be nearer manchester/liverpool i guess as even kendal is snowless

anyway this mornings run

Just downloaded this mornings run and it was 6.56 miles in 1:02:41 @ 9:33 pace

Splits were

9:24 sheltered
    9:24 sheltered
    10:13 into the wind
    10:02 headwind but also the main downhill stretch shows how windy it was
    9:38 uphill towards home pretty much out of the wind here
    9:01 picked up the pace nicely here sheltered again
    8:51 for last .56 miles and here too

i predict i lost at least 2 minute due to the headwinds that downhill one should be 8:20ish min miles when pushing the pace. No wind tomorrow (well a little wind but not much) some light rain perhaps but a whole new day and i tihnk the same route will be nice, preferably as close to 1 hour i can get.

Very happy with the pace pick up near the end fastest pace was 8:43 which seems a little slow really but i'm not that bothered as it shows i never went too fast at any point for a change.

• Options

I put some more on a little while ago. No run tonight as had gym, resting shins. Run tomorrow, then no run until monday! Helping some friends move house over the weekend. Fun fun fun image

My leggings/tights/stockings are black with grey reflective stripes down the side

• Options
    so not fishnets then skellie??????imageimage
  • Options

snigger i bet he'd look fab in fishnets - dont forget to shave ur legs tho skel - hair with fishnets aint a good look!!!

just been running - 4 miles in 40 mins so was happy - claf slightly tender but not too bad!

Em still getting out running EB - she doing fab! tho she not liking jury service i dont think!

• Options

Hi folks!
    waves to eb

cathy I do sometimes sing when jogging, It is a sure way of stopping you going too fast.

• Options
    anyone run with a video ipod nano?
  • Options
    too bony for fishnets....just looks wrong
  • Options

hey everyone!!  EB??  Where am I in yer wee  clan - slow old aunty strongbow I suppose!! image

Hope all well - If I sang Big D .. I'd be going backwards!   Skel - enjoy your tights!

o no ... Ive GOT to get out tomorrow - only 12 days to run into those trousers!  

big hello to everyone else - NOT liking that wind today! x

• Options

morning guys!

hi cathy - aw you got ages to get into those trousers!! and i totally agree with you on the wind - when i was out last night i did wonder if i was going to get blown away!!

hey big D - i dont sing but i do grin like a amd fool when i song i like comes on! no wonder i get sdtrange looks!

skel - i just run with a normal ipod - if i tried to watch something as well as run i'd be flat on my face - come on you know me - clumsy as ever! remember the dustman incident??!

EB - hope you had a good night sleep after your sleepless one the other night! hav you got club tonight?

hope everyone else well! have good days all

G x

• Options

Who could forget it?? =)

I was just thinking of getting one for that nike thing... and the new nano has video... so do I buy new with video or get a ebay one?? (although some people want stupid money!)

• Options
    i'd say go for pretty one with video - they are fab and very snazzy!!
  • Options
    or....for the price i'm paying for an ipod and nike kit £130+...i could just get a garmin 305...
  • Options

update on foot, not good news - see blog on Fetch, cba to write it out again

I will have to leave rw and set up my own website, 'want to be a runner but have stupid problem in my ankle so can'' world', think it will catch on?

• Options

aw no jen so sorry to hear bout foot - i'll have a read on fetch in a min. is it treatable??

skel - get a garmin!!!!! i want a garmin - they are so good! i might get one in next paycheck but i'd say def go for garmin!

• Options

5.2 miles this morning in 49 mins slightly wet and slightly windy this morning

tis a nice night so i suspect i'll head again later to negate another early morning run

• Options

Hi peeps *waves back to Big D*

Cathy i'm sorry i didn't mean to leave you out of course you can be in the gang that's gonna beat the pants of Keith image Don't worry about getting into your trousers i'm sure you'll do it you've got plenty of time eat loads of fruit and veg drink plenty of water and run every day imageimage

Jen i have left you a comment on your blog on fetch sorry to hear your news but hopefully you can sort something out between docs physios and crosstraining *crosses fingers* what ever you do don't you dare go leaving us just coz your not running!!!!!!!!!!*shouts come back Jen*

Well yes G i am supposed to be at club tonight and may still go yet i just haven't decided mind you i have to leave at 6.30 so i guess i'd better hurry up and decide

• Options
    not really going, just being a big drama queen, and I like it when everyone says 'don't go'!!!!!
  • Options

Pheew!!!!!!!!!! Hi Jen pleased to see you haven't gone image

Well i decided to go to club tonight after all and i'm pleased i did we done  4 .11 miles and nearly 1 whole mile of that was UP HILL!!!! still managed it in 41 mins so feel pretty happy with that.Have rehydrated (with water) and refuelled(toast ham and mayo followed by ginger cake and low fat custard) so i'm feeling pretty content and i am now heading up to bed.

*waves goodnight to everybody*

• Options

EB!  Brilliant run, well done you!  Nearly a mile uphill- sounds scarily horrible - very impressed - good on you!!

G ... out in the wind too - hats off to you too!  May I raise a glass -(even though I'm trying to cut down ) see note about tight trousers(!)  Sounds like you running pretty well after a wee break?

Jen.. really sorry about ankle - I'm just about to go on fetch too - I'lll pass you a big drink ... take it easy

Keith ... sorry if I#m being a bit dense here - but are you running twice in one day??   wow!

how's everyone else?  Hey Skel ... what's so good about garmins (remember I'm new) what do they do?

11 days to squeeze into the trousers for London trip (and reunion with few old friends who I dont' want to see me looking fat in tight trousers!?  What do you all reckon!?

• Options

Here's my solution to your trouser dilemma Cathyk,

eat cheesecake, drink cider and buy these

hope the link works

• Options

i'm quite tired after my run...so i'll tell you its a gps unit so you can keep a detailed logs of all your runs on your computer. And its a heart rate monitor if thats your thing...and it can make excellent carbonara if you're running late from work....

one of those might not be entirely true....

You can't count yourself as new anymore!! You joined this thread early last year... sometime....

• Options

morning guys!

im bloody soaking wet - my trousers are wet up to my knees and my feet are sodden and sob sob sob

well done on your club run EB - that's a pretty speedy time! and very impressive with it all being uphill!

cathy - yep enjoying running after a break! tho last night i was out drinking (i too am supposed to be cutting back!!) and tonight i prob not running but planning on big runs at weekend! where bouts you staying in london??

ooh and garmins are fab! they basically a super dooper watch - they monitor ur pace, how far you have run, ur heart rate, where you have gone and when you get back home you can download them onto computer and it shows where you have run etc!! i want one!!!

jen - i echo EB - you best not be going anywhere!! we'll only stalk you so you may as well stay!!

right best do some work! but yay its friday everyone!!!!

see ya laters

G x

• Options

Me too ... but i popped into the shop on the way to the office and picked up some jeans ... lovely

Bidding on garmin now... will get it by the end of the day image

• Options

Morning guys image 

Not much to report except i'm going out tonight aaagghhhhhhhhh how did that happen i'm a little home bird i have NOTHING to wear imageimage  and no matter what i do wear i will look fat coz i is fat imageimageimage I knew i should've ran more over christmas.You can bet i'll drink too much have a hangover tomo and generally feel yuk god why do people go out for.image Saying all that i'll get out there have a few drinks and i'll be dancing on top of the tables before 9 wondering what the hell i was worrying about *giggles*

Take no notice drama queen in da house *thought i'd take over from Jen* imageimageimage

G how are you wet????Is it raining down there????It's blooming freezing up here in the norf with proper frost n everything image You make sure you get ou there and run at the weekend girl!!!!!!*passes G tissues for her tears*

Shawnus i am sorry but you are not allowed to bid on a garmin i won't allow you it's mine i want it!!!!!!

Cathy go on a liquid diet (i.e. strongbow you'll be constantly happy and won't care what you look like in your trousers image)

• Options

EB its a monsoon down here!!! rain was bouncing up from pavement and everything!!

and erm you aint bloody fat and you'll look fab in whatever you wear so no more of that talk girl!!! and have a fab time tonight!! nowt like a bit of table dancing to kick the weekend off!!

ooh you jammy skeleton for bidding ona  garmin!! i want one i want one!!!

• Options

you is loverly EB, I seen the photo on fetch to prove it!

I can vouch for the monsoon down here, I've just got to work (late - cos apparently public transport doesn't work in the rain) and i look like a drowned rat!

• Options

it's horrid aint it jen! im still wet - might dry out for lunch and then no doubt i'll get soaked again!

but hey - IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!