Options

Any brand new runners out there?

Comments

• Options
    I'm interested... Well done!!!!!
  • Options
    5.2 miles in 51 mins, well done EB, you must have been flying, I havent even managed more that 4 miles yet

GO EB, GO EB, GO EB , GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*A BIT OF CHEERLEADING FOR YOU*
  • Options
    Aw shucks thanks you two *blushes* How have you both been doing??
  • Options

Oi stop running so much EB image

5.7 in 59 mins yesterday and 8.34 in 87 mins today. Gonna try a tempo run tomorrow but i've been busy at work and am generally tired. Will see what my poor legs can do tomorrow eh image

Aim will be one mile warm up then 5 miles at speed then i think its about 0.75 miles to complete the 3rd lap of my little extended local loop. Not entirely sure how long it is the normal one is 1.6 miles approx and the extra bit is about 0.75 miles extra i think.

• Options
    Hi EB

Still following my training plan so no running today. Doing four miles tomorrow and five (my longest ever on sunday). Start my tempo runs next week!!!!! Dont think i'm going to be ready for my half in march.
  • Options

good evening everyone!

EB !!!  Wow ... thats well fast!!  Good on you!!   did you feel really good before you went out - was the sun shining an the feet flying!??  Sounds like a great time! 

Martin - nice shoes!!!  you tried em out yet?

G ... can I pass you a tissue as we sob outside the shoe shop window together - I must bore you all with my NIKE shox respond problem very briefly - (best shoes in the whole wide world - they're the ones that got me running - like little forefoot trampolines ... brilliant!)  can seem to get another pair for love nor money nor begging the Nike helpline to start manufacturing them again... o dear!) sob

Hi Lucy an Naomi - of course you'll make it for your half Naomi - .. sounds like you're really progressing well - good luck for the 5 miles on Sunday ... I'm trying to crack 4 in February!

How you getting on Andrew?  hope you going well?  My run/walking took me ages (4 months to build up to 5 k and I'm still sitting round the  3 mile mark now )- slow and steady - hope you progressing well?

Hello to Keith and M and P - .... what happened with the gel M and P??? 

Didn;t  have very good run today - not sure whats wrong - slow, had to walk wee bit, felt tired an drained despite lovely day and really in mood for it!  Hmm ... going to rest for couple of days ... 

too scared to try on the (tight) trousers!

• Options

Hi to you all,

Well done early bird.

Dont know if this will interest you all but here goes.

I see alot of people are paying out big money for time,distance,gps things to record their training. I have a Nokia N73 and just downloaded the sportstracker into the applications.I did have a bluetooth receiver until Sunday when some kind person decided to liberate it from my car.My fault for not putting the car in the garage,wont be making that mistake again.So I will be on ebay to purchase another, can pick them up for about £20.

I also use mine with the TomTom map that I have in the applications as a sat nav and I dont have to pay for it.The only downside to that is the maps do not get updated.

I take my phone with me on runs so wont notice the extra weight in grams of the receiver.

I hope this of some help to people who have Nokias and thought of buying a gps running device.You try it first and if it does help you go the whole hog and get a 305 or the new 405 from Garmin.

As Im a tight Yorkie I think I will try the phone method for a while when I get the new receiver.

Like reading all you posts and will keep you posted on my returning adventures into running land.

All the best 

Kev

• Options

cathy

are you asking me what happened with the gels ???

• Options

hello guys!

soz haven't been around much last couple of days - been manic at work and not had a chance to pop on!

WOW WELL DONE EB!!!! that was a fab time - bet you were buzzing!! do you have club tonight as well?

cathy - oh that sounds terrible with ur shoes - i hate it when they stop making shoes that we love!! dont worry bout ur run - we all have runs where it just doesn't seem to work!! and now you have ur bad run out the way, the next few are prob going to be fab ones!!

naomi - you'll be fine for your half!! good luck on weekend for ur 5 miler - i remember cracking that and it a very good feeling!!

hi to everyone else out there! hav good days!

• Options
    HI all.......... Did my 6 miles on Monday (run walk), 3.4 yesterday, due 4 today, but the big milestone (pardon the pun!) will be on Monday (when I do my long runs) as I'll be doing 10m. EEk. Naomi- I can't imagine being ready for the half in March, let alone the FLM in April. I'm also worrried about being the last past the post in March...! I know I can walk if I need to, but I'd like to get there before everyone else has gone home. Plus hubby will be doing it too and I know he'll probably be an hour ahead of me at least!
  • Options

Hi M and P ... yes .. did u say something about being in hospital last year because of gel drinks?????

you can see the sort of stuff I usually drink .... image                              sounds nasty? 

• Options
    Made it through my four miles today !!!!!! If i can just add on another 9 - 10 miles to that i'll make my half in march.
    Lucy i'm sure you wont be last, you seem to be building up the miles in training, you'll probably fly past the rest. Maybe you could hide your husbands shoes so he has to get some new ones and then the blisters he'll get will slow him down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (JOKING)
  • Options
    I have set up an account on www.justgiving.com that allows people to sponser me in my half marathon. I am running on behalf of Disability Challengers if anyone has any spare pennies lying around.............. *hint,hint*

www.justgiving.com/naomicp
  • Options
    was supposed to go for a 3 mile run this morning but due to me and my housemate watching 24 till 4 this morning that was a non starter, was also late for work, not good.

Seeing as I'm determined to stick to my schedule I've just been now,  wasn't very cold and I managed to stick, well just over my 12.36m per mile as per my plan.

So hurrah for that, now up to £910.82 sponsorship money which is fantastic.
  • Options

*runs into thread screaming*

I'm in the GNR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*runs out again panicking*

• Options
    Well done EB, good luck image
  • Options

image Thanks Andrew.I'll need al the luck i can get *wibble*

*wanders off muttering things to herself*image

• Options
    YAY EB, your in!!!!! Better get those running shoes on
  • Options

aw well done EB!!!! me and Em didnt get in but we trying for general ballot and we can both do it through work if worse comes to worse coz our company always has loads of places in it! sp we'll all be there trembling on the start line!!

set a sponsorship page up hun so we can all donate!

naomi - i'll sponsor you for def but erm mind if i wait till payday? im now having to buy boots lunches with points to try and scrimp and save!!

it's friday everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

I went for a brisk walk last night, 2.5 miles (according to fetch route planner) in 35 minutes.  As next week is the run/walk phase I decided that at the next lamppost I would run, at least until the lamppost after, I managed 4 and then was at home but felt good, apart from my man boobs bouncing.  My main worry is the way I look while running, good job it was dark  image 

Other good news is the fact I have lost 6 pounds in the 2 weeks I've been doing this  image

• Options

Well done EB like godders83 I didnt make it so it's the general ballot for me.

If that dosent work then it will have to be a charity place if there are any going.

• Options

you go Andrew that's fab progress we all have to start somewhere god i remember when i first started and i thought i'm never going to be able to this running malarky but look at me now image Well done on the weight loss too.You could always try a sports bra for your man boobs image

G and Em you better be there and good luck Kevin image Does anyone know if shawnus has got in?

• Options
    I didnt get in image did get my garmin though, woot image
  • Options

hehe i'm sure the next ballot will be fine. be a shame to finally apply for a race and not get in!!

Garmin is bril, used it last night...i just wished it played music as well then I wouldnt need my mp3 anymore!! maybe on the forerunner 306??

I've run twice this week, tuesday lunchtime, in London, with someone else! that was...different. Welcome distraction even if it did slow me down a bit

• Options

What garmin did you get shawn? Get sporttracks, the garmin training centre is awful.

EB, well done! Hopefully godders and the rest will get in oh and speaking of sponsorship

www.justgiving.com/martmarathon2008

Cheers!!!!

• Options

305, on ebay woot. Although if anyone wants one I found a website that sells them at an ok price

www.gps4less.co.uk

I dont know what charity my workplace is supporting this year... maybe i should change companies...

• Options

me and Em will be there - we both work for deloitte and they have loads of places in chairities if we dont get in via the general ballot! so dont worry EB - we all still racing round together!!

ooh skel im so jealous of ur garmin!! i want one sob!!!!

shall sponsor you as well mart when pay comes!!

• Options

Skellie so does that mean i'm still on to whoop your ass image I have an internal mp3 player it's cool always plays the songs i want it to image I'm just not even going to comment about that other thingymajiggy gizzmoy whatchacallit you've got imageimage

Thanks Mart will sponsor you when pennies allow me image this 'after christmas' has hit me hard  this year image

G me you and Em will wallop skellie NO PROBLEMO!!!! i'm actually starting to look forward to this now imageimageimage How is Em doing haven't heard from her for ages.

Thanks Naomi as well will sponsor you too same as Mart.

Think i may have a look at smartcoach for a training programme see dedication already image 

• Options

woohoo for EB image- no excuses now girl, so good to see you getting excited about running again

Boohoo for you others image -  you'll all get in one way or another though

I'm not even entering the ballot - here's why  ---------->  kwala's poorly ankle

Lots of techie lingo in there, but the long and short of it is NO RUNNING for a LOOOOOOOOONG time

Ditto for me re the sponsorship - I get paid early in December, so January is a very long month, remind me at the end of the month and I'll sponsor everyone!