Options

The Wanna Blista Social Club.

Comments

• Options
    Garburn goes down as one of my best ever, forgot to check the time when I finished, but was ahead of DB, so sub 1.52 will do for now. And the descent was fantastic, one of the few times i really felt running is brilliant, loose stony path, steep drops, watering eyes. I shall go and take my medication now.
    MGMT did 2.30 and really enjoyed it, I guess for different reasons.
    Pete Rielly was equal first with Andi Jones, 1.14 i think, course record.

Eric - well done, my excuse for not coming in top 20, that steeplechase yesterday, and older than you.
  • Options
    RAINOW FELL RACE
    7.30pm Rainow Institute, Stocks Lane

GBM
    Morticia
    TST
  • Options
    i like bananas and peanuts
  • Options
    Eric,
    both myself and ISAAC ran the alex park 5k, there was a few other Stockport runners also. ISAAC pb'd at around 19.40ish?? (i think, he'll correct me). It was too bloody warm and we both went off too quick 3.27 1st 1k and ISAAC was 3.35. Really suffered on the second lap but somehow got a second wind on the last mile and for the 1st time know one actually came past me. Nipped a few places in the last few metres, and finished in 18.12 a few seconds off a PB but in the heat pretty pleased. Just need to go sub 18 for the sizzlers. Just entered Manchester 10k did you OPT for another event or are you running it?
  • Options
    Pressed send too quick.. I was about to say, which course in Liverpool was it as that time pretty respectable in the heat, you must be on for sub 38 at Penny Lane which will make it an interesting race.
  • Options
    mort - I hope you're going to jump in and red card DL too ! Naughty boy.
  • Options
    KwakaKwaka ✭✭✭
    2:08 for me & 2:39 for supertec @ Garburn.

Legs felt heavy & the heat/humidity was unbearable. I really wanted to stop towards the end of this race but it was only that the guy next to me said it was definitely the last hill and the marshal at the top said its all downhill from here at about the 19km point.

Great race, v v scenic & terrific organisation as usual. Derwent water in Sept is the next one and I think we should make it another Stockport day out race. Get on line & applying http://www.lakelandtrails.org/Derwentwater%20Trail.htm
  • Options
    KwakaKwaka ✭✭✭
    RAINOW FELL RACE
    7.30pm Rainow Institute, Stocks Lane

GBM
    Morticia
    TST
    Kwaka (maybe)
  • Options
    morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    Well done DL and Isaac!

Well done TST, Management, Kwaka and Supertec!

DB- Thank you for bringing DL's misdemeanour to my attention.

Isaac- Please issue a red card to DL.
  • Options
    We have just entered Dublin, and derwentwater, only 50 places left.
    But gutted snowdon mountain race is full.
    Trog in two weeks 17 June. Do like enter on day after dublin website.
    Just NM tri website to battle with.

PG peanuts and bananas? is this a reference to some old post or are you a friut and nut case

DL - might try a sizzler, follow you then i get a PB, was that isaacs plan?
  • Options
    There's a lot of bloody swearing going on!!

Well done to all runners this weekend.

Isaac, DL and Eric--Apologies for not wishing you 'Good luck!!'

Morticia--When i got back to Petes house we came up with the idea of mixing some flour and water together, putting it in the 'chewing gum' and then in the middle of the night sneak into Jims room and put it up his bottom, so when he woke up in the morning he would find it and be extremely confused/worried. But neither of us wanted to go nears Jim bottom so the idea was shelved.
  • Options
    GBM, I expect a full review of the holiday park escapades after last years report.
    Mort and DB apologies for the rant, the heat got to me.
  • Options
    morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    GBM- Welcome back!!!

Please don't swear. I am trying to clean up the thread. If you and your fellow fast runners slowed down a bit, you would probably feel less of a need for foul language.
    I am enjoying the fell running book, although I don't think it will bring about any stunning transformation in my performance or attitude on Wednesday.I need to finish 3rd from last to continue my current pattern of fell race placings. Nothing else will suffice.Does it start from the Robin Hood pub?
    I am also enjoying the Pixies, but I like the 'poppy' stuff best. I agree with you about 'this monkey's gone to heaven.'

Looking forward to your weekend away report, although I am working today, so may not read all about it til tomorrow.
  • Options
    morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    GBM- By the way, after you went the other day I got chatting with my neighbours who informed me they are moving next week. Guess where to? Yes that's right- where all the dodgy folk like yourself live!!!!!
  • Options
    DL - won't be doing the Manchester 10k as I'm golfing all week in France from the Monday to Friday before so I don't think I'll be best prepared! Also doubts about Penny Lane 10k now as we may be away for the weekend - not that I'm trying to avoid you or anything.

My races pencilled in over the next month or so are: Capenhurst 10k 17th June (Ellesmere Port area, fast and flat), Warrington Road Runners 10k 24th June (Thursday, another fast and flat one) and then the 2 Sale 5k races on 12th & 26th July. Hope to see you at one of those. I will be at the track tonight so hopefully see you then - 4 x 300 X 3.

The course yesterday started at Pall Mall and headed straight to the tunnel, up out of the tunnel and then a loop round to the promenade and finish at New Brighton.
  • Options
    DL - the Warrington run is on Thursday 28thJune.
  • Options
    DL - my last k yesterday was a 3.14!!
  • Options
    I sense new rivalry starting, should we the audience open a book on the possible outcomes.
    My money is on DL i think
  • Options
    TST - traitor!
  • Options
    Eric, I sense an injury coming on.... as me left knee was playing up yesterday.
  • Options
    DL - that would explain your poor time then! Incidentally, following my day out in Liverpool: I returned safely, all 4 wheels were still with the car, the Big Issue sellers were out in force and most of the particpiants in the race had been on the run for years!
  • Options
    KwakaKwaka ✭✭✭
    Dali - are u running the Offy 10k or marshalling?
  • Options
    How far is the Rainow fell race on Wednesday night anybody ? I might contemplate it rather than Dialstone.
  • Options
    DB - it is called the Rainow 5, does that give you a clue?

Eric - just the needle I thought to spur you on, all you have to do is beat him and prove me wrong. :)

Kwaka garburn results are up me 1.47.59 so I shall log that as 1.47, going down as my half mara PW
  • Options
    Kwaka
    I think I'll run it (even though it's hilly) as we need some Stockport runners actually competing.

Eric, I'm not surprised you're not doing Penny lane after those comments, it may have slipped out on the start line, then you would have 300 scousers chasing you, although it may have helped with a pb.
    Warrington is not that fast, it's a twisty course and finishes on grass, I did it a few years ago. I may try it though instead of a sizzler.
  • Options
    KwakaKwaka ✭✭✭
    DB - are you running or marshalling the Offerton 10?
  • Options
    TST, she's not called DB for nothing ;)
  • Options
    Morticia--Well done on your campaign to clean up the thread. After SH/Isaac and Erics comments last week i decided that i would tone down my act. If i am leaving comments on here that people are finding so offensive that they no longer want to bother with the thread, then that is obviously an unacceptable situation. The thread is here for us all to enjoy, I will try to behave from now on.

Apologies to all!!!

Morticia--The Rainow 5 does start at the Robin Hood pub. Are the neighbours of yours that are taking a step up in the world and moving to HG, the ones that live across the road?

Further apologies to all--I don't have much to report from Cayton Bay except that my friends and i had a great time mountain biking, playing football, pool, air hockey and table tennis. We only went in the "Entertainment Centre" once and that was about 11pm on Friday night for a quick pint. Big mistake!! Did we learn nothing from last year? We lasted about 5 minutes. As usual, we didn't have our 'Entertainment Centre Pass' so we had to grovel to get in. "Please Mr In-bred, will you let me into your wonderful establishment?". It was the usual standard of clientele in there, the sort of people who would be refused entry to shops in Stockport town centre. If any of you like watered down alcohol then Cayton Bay Caravan Park Entertainment Centre is the place for you. I had i pint of cider, I'll assume it was called Weakbow. Then the bloke who is in charge of the Karaoke machine at the CBCPEC (He's living the dream!!!) announced it was Karaoke time! The first Chav up 'sang' the classic, 'Three Lions', whilst kissing his England shirt and his friend who was up next sang 'Walk of Life' so badly that it sounded even worse than when Mark Knopfler sings it! The taste of the drinks, the sight of Chavs on holiday and the sound of the Chav Karaoke was all to much for me and my mates and we did our own version of walk of life and left.
  • Options
    GBM - have you been drinking again? Not one crude remark or bad language - what has Scarborough done to you?

Decided to miss the track tonight - Mrs S isn't feeling the best. This also means I can do Tuesday and Thursday instead this week!! Must be months since I last made a Tuesday or Thursday appearance - see you tomorrow!
  • Options
    TST and DL - For the record, I was unaware of its correct and full title, Rainow 5, clearly not as knowledgeable as you are - I know now though so thanks for answering my rather stupid question !

Kwaka - I've volunteered to marshall, definately not running it, although I may be helping on the Sweatshop front - not sure, but if they don't need me I'll help where required.

TST/DL - How fars the Offerton 10K ?