Options

The Wanna Blista Social Club.

Comments

• Options
    KwakaKwaka ✭✭✭
    TST - Alfa Male has been on the Offy 10 thread asking if you've picked up his HRM strap from behind the counter from last night.
  • Options
    clairsterclairster ✭✭✭
    yay morticia, come do Dublin. Will look up some fairy liquid so we can bring our own and not have to argue about paying stupid money for some raffle tickets

FOAR - avoid the beer festival, they are dodgey!

Everyone have a top, top weekend...happy hols to those off and away, good luck to all racing , happy relxing to those taking it easy and i think that about covers it :)
  • Options
    KwakaKwaka ✭✭✭
    See you in a week or so M&M6.

Everyone enjoy their races/runs/bike rides this w/e.

I hope the weather isnt too warm or too wet in the lakes for Garburn. There should be good Stockport support at the race, just read that Pete Rileys doing it as well (although I think Stockport are his 2nd club)
  • Options
    morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    Clairster- I am going to enter Dublin today, as I am fed up and don't want to dye my hair so that will cheer me up!
    You didn't say 'hard luck to those working most of the weekend', but I think the 'happy relaxing to those taking it easy' covers me. Thank you!
  • Options
    Kwaka - thanks for pointing me in the right direction for the new forum.

TST - did anyone hand my HRM strap in?
  • Options
    clairsterclairster ✭✭✭
    i did wonder about sending commiserations to those working, but i didnt want to rub it in! hurrah, dublin will be tops! I entered the other day. have you seen the 30mile race along the canal in Stratford at the end of September as well?

have sorted out some running already in Belfast. Apparrantly there is a 10K on weds next week, just next to where I work, so am gonna go check that out. Now I just need to make sure I get all my packing done.
  • Options
    morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    Oh Clairster- did you have to mention another race.... Now I will have to go and investigate....!
  • Options
    Right!! I'm off!! Disley, Stretford, Altrincham and then Cayton Bay in Friday afternoon rush hour traffic. Nightmare!! Hopefully we should be there in time to see most of the 'Redcoats' three and a half hour rendition of Agadoo!
  • Options
    clairsterclairster ✭✭✭
    sorry morticia! there is a thread going on the tri/ultra/adventure forum, looks like it wil be a good friendly race

GBM - good luck!
  • Options
    morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    Clairster- YOU WILL BE YOUNG LADY!!!! I have seen the thread and it looks good and if it is navigable I might well give it a whirl.

GBM has just dropped off the CDs. His mate Pete thought it would be funny to send him round with a c*****m (I'm sure you can fill in the gaps SH!!) I am on TFF at the mo but will get round to the Pixies later!

• Options
    morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    SH- That's right- chewing gum.
  • Options
    Alfa - no strap was handed in, there is track meet tomorrow, i shall ask around.

too many races to enter,
    dublin
    trog
    NM tri
    snowdon
    will my legs cope, never mind the bank balance.

Going to be quiet and drivel free for the weekend, gbm away and mort working, be lucky to fill a page.

Eric/ SH you can come back now.
  • Options
    Thanks TST! Anyone else helping at the track tomorrow? Won't be out running this weekend as I have the City v City Liverpool 10k on Sunday.
  • Options
    JMC Running from Disley station half 8 Sunday morning for a couple of hours.

BTB Did DB get sorted this afternoon?

Padded shorts/pump/tyre levers/saddlebag/bottle/sunglasses/allen keys/helmet/spare innertubes have I missed anything?
  • Options
    J8 - welcome to the bike nerd club. We were at Chatsworth in the sunshine all day, so unless DB sneaked off afterwards I think she remains bikeless.

We're off to whitby for a week tomorrow, so happy running/riding everyone. My next planned run will be sunday 10th, with a reccie around the kinder trog route, mainly the second half if anyone's interested. Anyone who knows the route especially.
  • Options
    DazTheSlugDazTheSlug ✭✭✭
    clairster - keep meaning to mention - I presume you know about:

http://www.nimra.org.uk/
  • Options
    j8 - Don't tell me that you're joining the 'get DB to buy a Bike' possy ! BTB won't rest until I've got one ! Does Mrs Jonah know yet how much your total spend is ??!! I suspect not. I have a forthcoming birthday (well 8 weeks!) so my plan is to wangle a bike and necessary accessories - on the proviso that I can choose them all myself !! Sorry to hear your leg is troubling you again - take it easy.

FOAR - Thanks for the well wishes.

Minnie - I know youre not here but I'm definately planning on Kinder Trog, talked Dan into it too.

Kwaka/TST - What are you travel plans for Sunday am ? Are you parking at Staveley ?
  • Options
    KwakaKwaka ✭✭✭
    Yes looking to park at the start and get the bus back over after the race as per the race instructions.

http://www.lakelandtrails.org/GARBURN%20FINAL%20DETAILS-%20%202007.pdf

I suspect parking at the finish in Windermere will be a nightmare.
  • Options
    Kwaka - Little TST is home on sunday so Sasha is not coming, please break it to your little kwaka nicely.

Anyone with a free afternoon come down to the track and watch/support the senoir M+F track team, fetch trainers you could get a run, 5k is the longest, but if there is an event not covered it is worth doing as the scoring is on points not time, i once did javelin and scored 6 points with a pitifully short throw, because we had no second thrower.
    The fun starts just before 12 and goes on to 5ish
  • Options
    morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    Daz - Good luck NEXT weekend with your man v horse tomfoolery. I am too late- have you already gone? We should have started a list with what everyone's doing. I'm so confused.
  • Options
    Morticia - does it take much for you to get confused?!
  • Options
    morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    Eric- No, not really. In fact just to prove the point, it only dawned on me last week what a great achievement your Windermere effort was. Well done!!!!! Any tips?
  • Options
    Morticia - thank you! Yes, the key to success is do all your training without GBM - that way you're more likely to actually run whilst you're training rather than jogging and talking drivel!!
  • Options
    Eric - you forgot the frequent toilet stops.

Alfa male - there is a chest strap in the tuck shop top drawer, guess it is yours.

Was nice to see a few there to witness and cheer on the stockport team, dont know the final points result, except for the 3000 chase, at 12.49 i was outclassed, but for comedy and guts value the star was spike, so amall he had climb onto the barriers, fell at least once and finished in 15 min.
  • Options
    TST - yes, a great day yesterday.

Warm conditions to run in again today. Ran the City v City Liverpool 10k this morning. A little undulating and a headwind of a sea breeze for the last 3k made the conditions testing. No excuses though, I was still feeling it following Windermere as my legs felt really heavy (was that another excuse?). Anyway, finished 19th out of 1700 in 38.49 so not a PB but averagely pleased!

Hope there were some good performances elsewhere today.
  • Options
    Eric - Well done today - pb or not its still a really respectable time (wish I could run that!)
    My feet are a little sore from all that down hilling at Garburn today - not leaving aside the bloody big uphill before your got to that bit ! I'd definately forgotten how hard it was - came in 4 mins slower than last year - 1hr 52m - like you, I'm going to blame that on Windermere I think ! Oh and the weather being a bit warm and.....

Not sure what all the others did so i'll let them tell you later. Enjoyed it though now its over !
  • Options
    morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    19th out of 1700 but not a PB- that's really funny!! Well done Eric!!!

I am not going to use rude words on the thread anymore, but DizzyBlonde has used a rude word in her post (I'll disregard the blatant misspelling of definitely)

DizzyBlonde- Well done!! It was definitely too hot today for running at my speed let alone at yours!!!

Isaac- Please issue DizzyBlonde with a red card.
  • Options
    DB - well done, the more excuses the merrier I say!

Morticia - I agree with you on the definitely spelling although I see so many people spell it like DB - maybe you can spell it both ways like tendinitis/tendonitis???
  • Options
    morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    Eric- Yes you are right that more people spell it wrong, but Chambers dictionary says it's definitely, so it is definitely definitely.

Can I start a Rainow list? This Wednesday evening. Don't know what time. I have swapped shifts to do it, so that's good news for anyone worried that they might come last.

RAINOW FELL RACE
    GBM
    Morticia
  • Options
    morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    RAINOW FELL RACE
    7.30pm Rainow Institute, Stocks Lane

GBM
    Morticia