Options

The Wanna Blista Social Club.

Comments

• Options
    morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    Gbm needs a petzl findaloo
  • Options
    morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    Well done mad fast people by the way! TOO HOT!
  • Options
    DazTheSlugDazTheSlug ✭✭✭

Good Running from the Platt Fielders! image

PPP/clairster - see you in the morning!

• Options

FOAR / GBM - Your not going to have an argy-bhaji are you?

BG's (not sure if you go this route) and all those who know the Lakes well, has anyone ever walked the Climbers Traverse to Bowfell? And if so, how bad is it?

More great results by everyone who raced this week, well done!

• Options
    KwakaKwaka ✭✭✭

The Cats Eye head torches are on offer at Sweatshop. Those ones that Jonah was wearing when he lit up the fells for Mickey & Mr S BGR.

Nice rendition about marshalling tst.

• Options
    Mort - saw you running down High Lane yesterday and you looked fresh as well as running well
  • Options
    morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    Thank you TST! I was going at a fair raita cording to my garmin but i always stop for a fag break when i pasanda the bridge on mill lane. If i was running all the way to work i would maintain a slower pace so as not to korma cropper necessitating weeks of R.I.C.E. due to proper DOMS.
  • Options
    clairsterclairster ✭✭✭

mort -you dahl image

thanks for the run today PPP n Daz image and well done Nexus at platt fielfs. 5Ks, most entertaining..i ran 2 miles at over my max HR, is it any wondered i was feeling a bit wierd at the end image

• Options
    Clairster- Mort a dahl? more like Lassi! Sorry Mort but you had that cumin...

Anyway-- DTS Clairster cheers for the recce, a very pleasurable morning. Brill!
  • Options

Thanks for the run today Bullock Smithy comrades.  Another spectacular fall from Isaac!

Early heads up for next Sunday 18th July - Hazel Grove to Edale and then 11.47am train back from Edale to Marple.  Should be ok to set off about 8am from Hazel Grove.  It took 3 hrs 18 mins to cover that section in the BS last year so I'd imagine we'll be slightly quicker due to less walking.  Time for a quick pint before the train!

Kwaka - bought the last Cats Eye headtorch yesterday from Sweatshop - £45 reduced to £18 and then used the £5 voucher from Wednesday, so £13 - what a bargain!

• Options
    Eric - may join you next week if you're not too quick for us!
  • Options

Good run this morning, but paying for it now, just took my sixth gout tablet, never had it as bad as this before, second attack in two weeks.

ES- Sounds good to me.

• Options

That's because you enjoyed yourself too much on hols!
    Did a couple of good runs in Yorkshire - hard work yesterday as was so warm - sweated like a pig!

• Options

JS - my guide book says the climbers traverse is ok  - but you can't always believe them!

We're planning on a wild camp in the lakes in 2 weeks time if anyone fancies it - going up Friday eve - walking to a camping spot and then walking the next day.

• Options
    morticiamorticia ✭✭✭

Plod- You're not a chap at'is best where humour is concerned whereas i am hilarious of course  imageimage

Clairster- Commiserations on having to put up with Plod today. I have booked off at work for the High Peak 40 because i am sick of being at work all sodding weekend while everyone else is enjoying themselves.  I am off next Sunday morning and got all excited that i might be able to do a race or a long run but  then remembered the in laws are coming for lunch image

• Options
    Mort- golly gosht old bhuna, could you re (jal) frazi that? I am not sure wot u r papadum about...
  • Options

PPP - not really getting this odd language, are you saying mort is more like Lassi Viren and not like Roald Dahl?

No running so took Sasha out for a walk, ended up doing 15 miles, fine at the end but all sorts of pains en route, maybe I am just falling apart. Must ask TB for advice on getting old

Come on Holland

• Options
    DazTheSlugDazTheSlug ✭✭✭

PPP/clairster - Thanks for the run this morning, great time had by all, and even useful as a recce! image
    worth it just for the view from Laddow Rocks back down to Crowden image
    but the company wasn't bad either image
    still recovering from clairster's "death by chocolate" flapjack image

• Options
    morticiamorticia ✭✭✭

I decided  to  do a BS recce myself today! I know the way as far as Furness Vale so decided to park up there and do the next bit and took my dog along.  Rubbish weather, but never mind- i was looking forward to it!  image

I had done about a fifth of a mile when we came across  a herd of cows. They stared at us for a bit, then Max barked at them and they suddenly started stampeding down the hill towards us. I nearly sh*t myself, tried to leg it back down the path which was rutted grass and so struggled to get any speed up and kept looking over my shoulder and could see them gaining on us.   It is also difficult to judge the ground when you have tears in your eyes! I was also thinking about the headlines from a couple of years ago, 'Furness Vale farmer killed by cow'. We got over the fence and then were stuck as we tried several exits back to the path and i got covered in mud and my legs badly scratched. I eventually decided the only way back was to get back into the cow field and nip along to the stile we had originally come from. Luckily the cows had moved off. Once we were safely back over the stile i shouted at them, 'I AM GOING TO TESCO LATER AND I AM GOING TO BUY THE BIGGEST STEAK THEY HAVE FOR MY BLOODY DINNER!!!!'

Anyway, i did about two-thirds of a mile in half an hour and that included about 0.2 miles of the BS route. If i carry on like this i only need to do about 280 recces to cover the whole route. 

I hate cows image

• Options
    Morticia--I've just had a beef and onion panini, that'll teach 'em!! I've got some mint sauce in the fridge thats needs eating soon so try to get attacked by some lambs in the next day or so.
  • Options
    morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    I didn't get myself a steak in the end, but I thought a box of coconut ice was in order to help me get  over my trauma.
  • Options

M6 - Cheers for the info. I'll prepare myself for the worst then! Would have loved to join in on the camping up a mountain trip but unfortunately I've got to work image

• Options
    Minnie camping? Mort thinking of eating meat, these are headlines that are worthy of newspapers, does the national enquirer know
  • Options
    clairsterclairster ✭✭✭

mort - wow, nightmare! glad you are doing HP40 image I have some chocolate flapjacks left and am gonna make some more tonight..maybe raspberry/cheery or strawberry WITH whitechocolate. yum

PPP - the link for the garmin details from sun are here, although you will have been much faster and had probably half as much moving time image

• Options
    morticiamorticia ✭✭✭

Clairster- You are my new favourite person! Shall i seek out some Roaring Meg to go with? imageimage Will text you later about tomorrow night. 

Daz- Are you joining us?

• Options
    DazTheSlugDazTheSlug ✭✭✭
    I will be making a late decision on Black Rocks
    which will in no way be weather-related image
    basically, my left knee is still dodgy - it suffers most on steep downhill under braking, so as long as the descent is a runnable angle (which I think it is at BR) then I should be OK image

• Options

Hazel Grove to Edale and the train back sounds like good fun! Sounds like it will make a good article!!

See TST report of Hadrians Wall

• Options
    clairsterclairster ✭✭✭
    I had an interesting dream about black rocks. Mort and I got lost and ended up doing the wizard trail run as well the WP marathon and we came across some fierce dogs and finished in the dark....maybe they are hallucinogenic flapjacks image
  • Options

PG- Wait until you see what's happening on the 23rd.image

Is anyone about Weds night for 12 miles on the MWW?

ES- Are we meeting at 8 0'clock at the start field on Sunday?

• Options
    DazTheSlugDazTheSlug ✭✭✭
    Race List

Wed 14 Jul - Black Rocks FR (Matlock) - GBM, Morticia, Clairster, Daz?
    Sat 17 Jul - Tracks to Trig (1 mile race done as a time trial, M record 9.59. F record 14.00) - tst
    Sat 17 Jul - Buxton Carnival 5 - GBM, Daz? (possible fall-back option if knee dodgy)
    Sat 17 Jul - Moel Siabod FR (Capel Curig) - Daz? (if knee OK)
    Sun 18 Jul - Holme Moss FR - PPP
    Sun 18 Jul - Gravy 6 - clairster?, anybody else?
    Wed 21 Jul - Shining Tor - Daz, GBM, NI
    Sat 24 Jul - UTLD 50 – clairster
    Sat 24 Jul – Snowdon International Mountain Race - mtbb
    Sat 24 Jul - Mellor Show Race - MH
    Sun 25 Jul - Leigh 10k - anybody?
    Wed 28 Jul - Macc Forest - Daz, GBM
    Sun 01 Aug - Sale 10 - NI
    Sun 01 Aug - Dovedale Dipper - TB, SR
    Tue 03 Aug - Bradwell FR - TB
    Wed 04 Aug - Cracken Edge - GBM, tst, MH
    Sat 07 Aug - Teggs Nose - GBM
    Sun 08 Aug - Long Tour Of Bradwell - Daz, clairster