Options

The Wanna Blista Social Club.

Comments

• Options
    I was also rather drunk, AM looked absolutely wasted, ditto Nexus. Can't believe I managed to do the platt fields park run this morning in under 17!

Mort- I really hope you haven't got one of me murdering (appropriately enough) Killing Moon. Although Nexus made us all want to Surrender.

when did pubs start staying open all night?

great to see everybody.

GBM- hope your mum is alright.

J8- forgot to give you your trousers..

v sore head, and obviously lying about the park run!

• Options

What a good night last night, don't know why I got in at 4am!!  Why did we go for a curry GBM?

Minnie - going on the splits from last year we should be at Bowstones at 8.50am ish and Chinley Churn at 9.50am ish so Furness Vale I would have thought will be about 9.15am ish!!  See you tomorrow.

• Options

GBM - just bought a bottle of that fruity cider - £2.92 in Tesco at the moment!!

Eric - we'll try to be there for 9.15 but don't wait for us - we may try to catch up with you elsewhere if we don't wake up in time!

• Options

Anyone missing the BG there is a local man Micheal Burgess attempting 30 july 1800 start, will pass any names on interested.

Minnie - wont be joining you, did niks nightmare this morning and ankle hurt most of the way up and alot of the jog back to the finish. Shameful time 14 mins for a mile, oh did I mention 900ft climb and only up with about 100m of flat. To make me feel a walker Nick Craig did 9 mins.

• Options
    TST - ta  for the lift - sounds like we left at the right time!  Well done for the run with a knackered ankle.
  • Options
    PPP - nice try!  You had me believing that for a short while.  What was NI dioing sliding down the wall and sitting on the floor last night?
  • Options
    The brokerThe broker ✭✭✭
    AM-he was trying to sit with you, don't you remember?
  • Options

Foxy - thanks for walking me home!! You are a sweety!

Been at Gateshead today for England Champs. Was a good meeting. Will be at Poynton Towers Road in the morning to accompany you up to Bowstones (if I get that far!)

Actually - I could do some picking up of people in the morning if you want! I could drop Foxy at Hazel Grove for 8am and then I could drive up to Poynton and start my running there....you will need to ring me if you want me to do that - I'm shutting the computer down now for the night....ring me before half eleven if you want me to do any taxiing. 

• Options

PG - No problem ! Did you really mean to say I was sweaty ?

I assume that  the plan for tomorrow is still for Eric to pick me up at 7.30am ? Eric - text me if you want to change the arrangements although it might be easiest to stick to plan A at this late stage. PG - ta for offer anyway image.

• Options
    DazTheSlugDazTheSlug ✭✭✭

PPP - Sorry I couldn't make it last night - work/domestic shenanigans image
    sounds like you all got on famously without me though!

also it meant I kept myself pure for Moel Siabod today image
    it was the 51st different fell race I've ever done, and ranks as one of the best of them
    in particular, the descent is my new Best. Descent. Ever. (shading out Fairfield)
    you drop 2300ft in under 3M, all on ground that is right on the limit of being all-out runnable image

TST - are you sure that was the right race to pick for a comeback from injury?! image
    (COUGH! macc forest. COUGH!)

PPP - Good Luck for Holme Moss! image

• Options
    clairsterclairster ✭✭✭

yes good luck for Holme Moss PPP

No gravy 6 for me, hand planted the pavement yesterday and now cant move my right arm!

• Options
    KwakaKwaka ✭✭✭

Hope the arm gets better soon claire.

Good to see you all this morning & run with you ( allbeit briefly) for a while. Managed 7.5m in the end but could feel the legs at the end. Slowly does it.....

We're at the Civic Hall later as Lil Dancer is picking up a Youth Civic Award for services to the community. Very proud. image

• Options

Kwaka- good to hear you're back running. Well don to LD too!

Enjoyed the run this morning - watched your train go past the house!!

• Options
    morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    Well done LD and daz image but not well done clairster image So what has LD done kwaka? Has she stayed in a lot? image
  • Options

Good run this morning found it tough in places,forgot about how long the climb was up to Edale Cross it seemed to go on forever.

Mr S thanks for the lift,I don't think I would of made it up Hollins Lane.

• Options
    KwakaKwaka ✭✭✭
    She's involved in the Community Links project in Poynton and it was awarded for services above & beyond normal activities/duties. She's also a Sports Ambassador at school which got mentioned.
  • Options
    Thanks to all for the run this morning. I found it hard going.

Well done Daz!!

PPP--Good luck! You've probably already finished though.

Clairster--Hope its not too serious.

LD--Well done! I hope you weren't also involved in getting that Waitrose built in Poynton. Its a f***ing eyesore and there is no need for it as Poynton has plenty of shops and those responsible should hang their heads in shame! Its almost as stupid as the Waitrose in Cheadle Hulme!!

• Options
    morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    Well done to LD then! image I don't think that swearing at LD was necessary GBM! But thats what common people that live in areas which get lower class supermarkets do i suppose. When are you getting your asda? image
  • Options
    Morticia--Oh and Disley is full of shops like Harrods and Harvey Nics is it?
  • Options
    Holme Moss Fell Race report

after feeling like a fraud doing the Bob Graham not having done a "proper" fell race, I duly chucked myself into the deep end this morning doing the AL category ie hard and long (oooh err) Holme Moss race which is a counter in the English National Fell racing Champs.

I checked out the results for last year and thought getting round in 3 hours would be respectable and duly managed 3:05. top 10 last year, 72 nd today! I was happy with that and really wanted a hard effort to kick me up the arse and get into marathon mode. Which it has, provided the ankle is OK.

god it was tough.

I cant run down hill, I cant run uphill (well I can a bit) I went over on my ankles on the 2nd descent and did the rest of it through bleary eyes and feeling nauseous. I went over on it twice more and felt like a total novice (which I am). I was quick on all the flat bits but it is really hard getting past every one and you just have to stay put. A real learning curve, and wonderful experience.

it was far muddier than the recce last week. (no suprise)

but organisation was superb and I loved it. Fantastic people and I saw a few of the DPFR group from the BGR. Which I was hoping to, so they would see that I am "converted" and have started to take a fell running to heart.

more please.

food and tea at the end. brilliant.
  • Options

PPP - some might say you are now a lost cause, some might say you have seen the light. Your ankles will never be the same, your shoes never clean. Join the club.

Mort, GBM - Disley quality supermarket is a .............coop

• Options

PPP - Well done on a great time. A few of us were still feeling the effects of Friday night this morning so today must have been a great effort on your part.

Daz - Well done on your race too. Sounds like a good 'un

Clairster - Hope you are OK.

Good to see everyone this morning. As previously mentioned I felt a bit lacklustre but at least  another section has been recc'd. Cheers for all the various lifts !

Talking of shops, this may be common knowledge but apparantly Stockport Co-op is closing in Jan and moving in are....Primark image

• Options

PPP- Well run top 100 place in an English National Champs race!! top 50 next year? you're  lucky it had been dry over the last few weeks, Black Hill's bogs are a lot worse than Kinder's!

• Options

FOAR - my colleague went into Primark with her daughter once - she said"Why are all the people in here so ugly?" image

Well done PPP - you always get a good nosh after a fell race - and they're cheap to enter, too! Have you joined the FRA yet?!

• Options
    morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    Well done plod! I like a dramatic race report image
  • Options
    morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    Disley has a fancy delicatessen i'll have you know! Gbm, would you like a waitrose bag to put your dog poo in instead of that m&s bag you usually use?
  • Options
    Morticia--Only if the bags fit better into their surroundings than the stores do.

PPP--Well done!!!!
  • Options
    PPP - well done on your race...your report has now put me off fell running for life image
  • Options
    DazTheSlugDazTheSlug ✭✭✭

PPP - Congratulations! image
    like TST said, it's a bit like being bitten by a werewolf or vampire - it gets in your blood and you can never go back! image

• Options
    Daz - where do you live, werewolves and vampires. I personally do not know what their bite is like.

Funk - anyone nice road races, need an ankle friendly outing