Options

My Last Run

Comments

• Options

I was humming this to myself all around my 4.5 mile splash in the woods with the dog..

Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo
    Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo-doo
    Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo-doo
    Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo-doo...

I'm running in the rain
    Just running in the rain
    What a glorious feelin'
    I'm happy again
    I'm laughing at clouds
    So dark up above
    The sun's in my heart
    And I'm ready for love
    Let the stormy clouds chase
    Everyone from the place
    Come on with the rain
    I've a smile on my face
    I run down the lane
    With a happy refrain
    Just runnin',
    runnin' in the rain

Fabulous run in 43 mins - very slippy muddy conditions, but once again my Roclites meant I actually aimed for the deepest puddles, rather than try and prance around them....

Now it's time to go get my dinner jacket and bow-tie on and go off and drink champagne for a close friend's 40th b'day..image

• Options

Dutch: good to see you back and I hope your ITB issues are behind you.

Young Pup: avoided the rain myself today by heading to the gym for cross training session. I think I will venture out tomorrow when hopefully it is a little drier.

• Options

No run yesterday (funeral) or today (full of cold) bad end to 2011image. Roll on 2012 and happier times and a few drops of Scottish cough mixture this evening image purely for medicinal purposes you understand !

Have a good injury free New Years all ! Bobejaan image

• Options

10.8km (51min) around Knowsley

Not cold and little wind to speak of this morning. Missed Parkrun this morning. First one that I haven't attended for a while.

Last run of 2011 was a steady one. I have enjoyed my running on the whole this year. I had intended to complete the Liverpool marathon this year, and got to within 6 weeks of it before my right calf had the final say and put pay to running for 8 weeks. Got over the disappointment and joined a running club in October. Since then, I have added a bit of structure to my running and hopefully will begin to see the benefits during 2012.

Liverpool HM in March and hopefully the full Marathon in October.

Aims for 2012:-

1. get below 20 mins for 5k

2. get below 1.40 in the Half Marathon

3. get below 3.30 in the Marathon

but most of all - ENJOY MY RUNNING

Thanks to all 'my last runners' and hopefully a prosperous running 2012 in your company - CHEERS!!!

• Options

10 miles for me this morning with a few of these along the coast in 1:40, so quite pleased I can control my pace to hold it at 10M/M. Was very warm out and was a little over dressed to be honest, but probably better to be to warm then not warm enough. That is my running until Monday now when I will be doing the Somerley 10k, which is my first race since last July so quite looking forward to it.

My target for 2012 is to stay injury free with regular consistent training, then I feel I should be able to PB at all race distances.

Happy New Year.

• Options
    17.5 mile long run. Difficult to gage the temperature at the moment, put too many layers on - skins, long shirt, rain jacket - and boiled.

• Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    First off road for a long time. 8.25 miles in the mud, water and wind. 1hr 14mins, which is okay given the conditions. My gluteals certainly got a working out ploughing me through the mud. Virtually cold free now. Weighed myself the other day and I've lost half a stone since I started with the virus. A Christmas miracle.

Happy new year to everyone who contributes to this thread. It's always good to hear your experiences, successes and hiccups along the way. As well as the support provided to everyone. Hope the new year is kind to you all.
  • Options

11.2km (56.40) around West Derby this evening.

Felt a bit listless and certainly lacking energy today, but I managed to get out and post some miles on the board for the forthcoming year.

Probably a day off running tomorrow - circuit class tomorrow evening.

Onward and forward!

• Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    4.85 miles in 41 mins. Shorter run than I thought. Had meant to go further but it absolutely pissed it down. Two days of running with waterlogged shoes... Tried to kick on a bit at the end, but to no great effect.
  • Options
    Yesterday I did the Knacker Cracker, a 7.8 mile off-road race with over 1600ft of ascent and descent!

It's normally a 10k, but had been extended because it's an Olympic year, and included 2 km running up the one of the climbs that is going to be included in the Olympic cycling event. According to my Garmin there was only just over a mile that was flat, and it felt like even less than that!

However, it was great fun, almost all the runners were in fancy dress (Cat in the Hat for me) and the feeling of satisfaction at the end was fantastic..

• Options

Dutch:  I  wondered where you had been!  Glad to hear that you are running again.

I was awake really early so got up and did just over 12 miles this morning.  I forgot my gloves so I had lost the feeling in my hands by the time I got back!  The proper start of marathon training.

• Options
    A nice flat run for me today with the dog - 8.2 miles in 1hr 16 mins.

It was really meant to be a slow recovery / easy run but it was a lovely day, my legs felt surprisingly good despite all the hills yesterday, so it turned into a bit of a tempo / progressive run.

Mile 1 - 9:43
    Mile 2 - 9:28
    Mile 3 - 9:23
    Mile 4 - 9:10
    Mile 5 - 9:34 (constant uphill stretch)
    Mile 6 - 9:08
    Mile 7 - 8:16
    Mile 8 - cool down (10:06)

Very enjoyable being out in the sun - I even had to wear my sunnies!
  • Options
    Somerley 10k race for me earlier today in glorious sunny conditions which was lucky what with yesterdays rain and tomorrows forecast. Ran in a time of just under 43 minutes, (stop watch time), so 6:55 M/M, am quite pleased with this as since coming back from injury lay off 2 months ago all my running has been at 10M/M, with no speed work yet. This was a PB today, but that is because I have never done a 10k before, so I feel with more training including speed stuff I should be able to quicker still.
  • Options

Forgot to mention also ran,

2 & 1/2 mile warm up in 24:30 and 2 1/2 mile warm down in 24:10.

• Options

Howdy

I'm a long time lurker but this is my first actual post so hello to all image

Just under 4 miles this evening 2 min jog 2 min fast run. Came home in just over 27 min so pretty pleased as still recovering from a foot injury and of course burning off the excesses of the last week!

• Options

welcome Fresco

well done Solent - not a bad 10k time

Made do with a slow 5km on the treadmill as didn't make it to circuit class. I have a suspicion that my achilles is letting me know about imminent problems. I will push it to the back of my mind.

Normal life resumes tomorrow with work and club session in the evening. Happy to have kept going over the christmas break with no disruption.

Hope everyone is going well.

• Options

Hi Fresco

Solent, Well done on your 10K time!  Especially after injury and with the training you have been doing.

I will run with the club later today probably 7-9 miles.  Not looking forward to it as its raining and blowing a gale!

• Options

Legs feel surprisingly stiff today, guess it is just where it has been so long since I have made them work so hard.

Still managed 3 treadmill miles in 27:45.

• Options

First time poster,i ran the Nos Glan 5 k fun run on new years eve.My first fun run in 21-22 years im 43 and have just started running-jogging again my time for the run was 29.42 (29.28 on my watch!) and to think a couple of months ago i would struggle to run a mile

• Options
    Micheal Brown: welcome to the thread and good running.
  • Options

Club run tonight with a nice fresh icy cold wind.

Did some hill running around Lincoln, six fairly steep ones. Felt good though image

About five miles in total I'd say. Looking forward to next club run thursday!

• Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Hi Fresco and Michael.
    Out in the wind again today. 8.4 miles in 1hr10 all on road and paths. Chased some squirrels along the way. Tried out my On Running Cloudsurfer shoes for the second time. Got out of the headwind at the end and could pick up a bit of pace. Found that you need to be round about 8.10min/m or under for the shoes to come into their own. Then they start to feel very responsive. Stamina decent and starting to feel my normal self again out running.
  • Options

JT141: am glad to hear things are falling into place for you with the running.

10 miles for today with 4 of these along the coast. Still a little windy out, but probably not as bad as yesterday. Took 1:32:30, so 9:15 M/M. Felt more comfortable running at this pace as opposed to the 10 M/M I have been doing. Guess I should have sped up sooner but I thought I would wait until a race was completed before working out suitable training paces of the race time.

• Options
    Eight miles in the pouring rain at 6:30 min/mile pace.
  • Options
    10 miles at 1hr25 round the sea front. Very windy nearly lost my hat a few times and a runner in front nearly lost their westie image
  • Options
    Fantastic 6.7 mile club run in the pissing rain and wind. Soaked to the skin and we kept getting drenched by passing white van man. Twas a mistake to go to Morrisson's after tho image bit chilly!
  • Options

7.75 miles for me this morning at 6am - including about 3/4 of a mile stumbling in pitch black across the top of the local golf-course as I underestimated how late it would get light!

Have now spent an hour this evening looking at head-torches.....image

• Options

5M Fartlek Hard

Sorry not been on in a while.

• Options
    Really enjoyable 8 miles run as part of my commute home today.

Mile 1 easy - 9:31
    Mile 2 & 3 - 8:42 average
    Mile 4 & 5 easy - 9:36 average
    Mile 6 & 7 - 8:16 average
    Mile 8 cool down - 9:04

YP