Options

My Last Run

Comments

• Options
    10 treadmill miles for me today in 1:40. Also why at the gym did some weights and swimming.
  • Options

Last run was the 'PECO  - XC' round 2 in Middleton (Leeds) PArk yesterday morning

http://www.pecoxc.co.uk/pages/race2.html

• Options

swittle - congratulations on the VLM place

sqwark - I'm happy that you are able to progress from now. Don't forget - small steps first!!

No run today, but started going to a newly set up circuit class which I hope to make my Monday cross training session. It can only be a useful adjunct to my running; particularly as I start to do longer runs on a Sunday.

Hope everyone is in fine fettle.

• Options
    BoDukeBoDuke ✭✭✭
    Easy 4.75 miles to break in new shoes...
  • Options

Thanks, Paco - I've decided to take up the place in spite of my current dread of the training image

Glad you enjoyed Formby Point - one of my favourites too!  I was further down the coast at Crosby y'day afternoon for 9.1 miles of mixed terrain - that wind was quite strong!

5 miles around 8pm, taking in a stretch of beach and the Marina path 

• Options
    Thanks Paco. Yes, I'm taking it very carefully.
  • Options
    2 treadmill miles for me today in 20 minutes.
  • Options
    4.4 miles just done in 38 mins around the streets of Epsom, Ewell and Chessington. Felt very comfortable, although on the last 1.4 miles (downhill) I slightly upped the pace just to stretch my legs....
  • Options
    6.5 miles in mile run/ half mile jog intervals. Aching a bit at the moment!
  • Options

BoDuke - what new shoes are you breaking in?

A rainy (though not too cold) evening around Speke industrial estate. Not the most salubrious surroundings, but an ideal 2.5 mile perimeter loop away from traffic (apart from the odd articulated lorry).

1 mile warm up - 20 x (1 minute hard and 1 minute jog) - 1 mile warm down.

Worked out as about 6.5 miles.

Speedwork sessions are not my forté, but a necessary part of improving my overall strength.

Hope everyone is well.

• Options

Well done on speed sessions above!

Put off running all day; come 8pm, it's hammering down image  Anyhoo, my 5 miles around Crosby incorporated the delivery of some cards.  On the way in, I met 6 runners from a Crosby club and slipstreamed shamelessly image

• Options
    7.2 miles yesterday in 1hour and 5 minutes. 
  • Options
    4M Steady yesterday and 5M today
  • Options

Sounds like some steady running has  been going on breaking in shoes and coming back from injury !

Glad to hear you remember me Swittle and congratulations on the VLM placeimage.

Just returned from a 3 day training camp in Wales (the rugby club not me) and an interesting stay in a hotel that the lads labled as Fawlty Towersimage.  However the training facilities at Eirias park were first class.

Managed a 1.5mile on Sunday before we set off and my faithful Staffie Cede and I just completed a muddy 1.5 miler again today in the flatlands of the East Riding of Yorkshire.

My knee is a little sore but no swelling or sharp pains so about what is expected reallyimage. Again time was not important. Two more days at work till I am off then back on Boxing day for the derby gameimage.

Looking forward to a nice tea prepared by Shortstop and a peaceful evening followed by a good nights kip in my own bedimage.

Keep up the good work peeps ! from your friendly neighbourhood Bobejaan image

• Options

10 miles for me running outside. This is the first time I have run outside since the start of August and it felt good. Ran it in 1:40, but was having to work hard all the time to bring my speed down to a sensible level as just naturally wanted to go faster, but did hold the pace and in the end averaged 10m/m.

• Options
    5 miles in 45 mins on tired legs after yesterdays intervals.
  • Options

10km around the local streets. Nice mild dry evening.

Comical moment at about halfway, when I came level with a couple of yummy mummys on an evening stroll. As ever the gentleman, I chose to run around them, leaving the footpath and running across the adjoining grass patch. Unfortunately all of the recent rain had left it very soft, and it sucked both my trainers off my feet and I was left stood in two inch deep mud in my socks.

Much hilarity ensued image

• Options

Chivalry is not dead!  Redjeep!, I salute you image

5 miles round Crosby Marina & up the beach at 8pm.   A ships' traffic jam at the entrance to the Mersey made interesting viewing. image

• Options

Winter solstice, and a surprisingly mild winter's evening for running. Shorts and t shirt (first time in a while).

(roughly)10km around Whiston - (roughly) 50 mins. Started off slowly and gradually built up the pace. Guess that's what is known as a tempo run? Enjoying being garmin free and just feeling the run rather than being guided by a screen.

Felt reasonable, though a little heavy legged.

Snowlent Runner - good to see you have surfaced into the fresh air. Is that the end of the convalescence?

Hope everyone is enjoying their running.

• Options
    Had my worst ever run this evening. Club run, it was hard but I just buckled at around 5.5 miles, my hamstring seemed to ping and I just couldn't run any more. Walked back to the clubhouse. Hamstring feels OK now- sore but no too bad, but I think I'm going to have to lay off any running now until the new year. Which makes me feel really down.
  • Options
    Just done a lovely 8 mile run splashing in puddles all round Epsom Common....
  • Options
    Did a slow 4 miles this morning - gradually building my distance back up, and so far all is well. imageimage
  • Options
    2 treadmill miles for me in 20 minutes.
  • Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Glad you've been able to get outdoors again Sowlent. Have been laid low with yet another virus for the last few days. Am on the upturn so did a 2 mile run today. Chest not great and covered in cold sweat, but could have been worse. Feeling better for having done it.
  • Options

Another mild evening for running - Much more comfortable to be running in shorts and t shirt.

Club 5 mile 'race'. 2 laps Speke industrial park. 35.02.

I think the next few days should be at a more leisurely pace to recover. However, I have enjoyed pushing myself over the last three days.

Hope everyone is running well and, more importantly, enjoying it!

• Options

A trip around Formby Point, taking in woodland trails, undulating dunes and firm sand on the beach.

Made some photo stops and was pleased to see the red squirrel sightings suggested a steady return to the pre-pox levels.image

70 minutes, demanding going in places, so about 8 miles.

• Options
    I tried for a tempo 5 miles at 7:30 (a good pace for me) but only managed 4. I'm blaming the headwind!!!

I'm looking forward to the weekend for a relaxing long, slow 12-14 miles.
  • Options

Plenty of puddle paddling going on !

Rain has followed me back to the East Riding from Wakefield !image undetered I set out into the flatlands with shortstop image(not done that for some time) and not Our faithful pooch as she is predominantly white and would have come home a shade of brown after our offroad adventureimage. 1.6miles in 16 mins is not going to break any records but after a lay off of many months I'll take itimage.  Knee good, company good, feeling goodimage.

Keep on plodding good people of the forum, from your friendly neighbourhood Bobejaanimage

• Options
    Snowlent - Glad to hear that you are back on the roads again! It must feel great after the dreadmill for so long.

7 miles for me yesterday with some hill reps in the middle. I'm getting that tired feeling and haven't even properly started my marathon training plan yet. It did start this week but the first few weeks are easy so I will follow it better in the New Year.

I was hoping to put a good parkrun effort in tomorrow and maybe get a PB but I'm not sure I have it in my legs at the moment so will see....
  • Options
    Just completed a very wet 8.2 mile run with the dog along the Chichester canal - started in the Bishops Gardens, and ran to the marina and back. Pace was nice and comfortable, so took 1hr 16 mins, avg speed of 9:21 per mile

My pooch is a black lab, and he was absolutely loving it, pelting along the canal path then doing a flying leap into the canal trying to catch a coot, or moorhen, or some other such aquatic wildfowl. Depressingly, I think I probably came home wetter than him as the heavens opened and it was peeing it down for the last two miles...