Options

My Last Run

Comments

• Options
    10 miles on the treadmill, wimped out of running outside in the torrential rain.
  • Options

JT141: hope the ankle improves soon.

Steyning Stinger half marathon for me this morning. Was running over some serious hills on slippery mud/chalk terrain and also rained through out whole race. Some of the hills were so high up, we were in the clouds so to speak and was like mist where you could only see 20-30 feet in front, quite surreal it was. My time was 1:52, so 8:25 m/m, which is a slower pace then training for me, but in those conditions seemed a good effort. Got a cooked breakfast at the end so that helped recovery.

• Options
    alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭

Solent, well done! It was a good effort with those hills and conditionsimage.  What a good idea to get a cooked breakfast at the end, never had  that before.

• Options
    Thanks Alib, and yes the cooked breakfast goes down well after a tough race.
  • Options
    Nessie73Nessie73 ✭✭✭
    Solent, well done!
    Just 3.5 m intervals for me today... busy weekend, had to squash in a quick run
  • Options
    Did my first half marathon yesterday; the MK half.

1:55 so pretty pleased with that.

It was real heavy going, heavy rain didn't let up at all, freezing cold by the 9 mile mark, totally water logged etc... Still, managed to finish so happy as larry image
  • Options

just a steady 4 for me this morning (8.28 pace)

(thats the sllowest i`ve run in weeks)

still,it was blowing a gale out there...must of been the wind or something...

• Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭

A pre VLM twenty-mile road race, the Trimpell 20, out of Lancaster yesterday.  Ideal conditions, flat & well resourced.  2:57:49 and a boost of confidence as a result  image

• Options
    @Ross, well done , mate of a mate did it and she tells of unpleasant conditions.... like the mountain bike club i ride with now and again - who had a race at Black Park in Bucks on Sunday , ... a few riders suffering from hypothermia by the end !

I managed a 13.2 mile run this afternoon 1.48 more a less a new PB if only by a lil bit - but it all counts .

So windy out there ! Perhaps I shuda made more of the tail wind when I had it ... the last mile was pure head wind ... cudda walked faster !

Should have a rest day tomora but new running buddy beckons ... only 18kms ... ?!

Can I resist ? well I got no injuries ...... we'll see.
  • Options
    alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭

20.3 windy miles today.  Hard work in the wind and legs and hip had not recovered from saturdays cross country. Average of 9.50mm pace so a  slower than usual but at least we got the miles in.  Rest day tomorrow.

• Options
    Hi Ross,

Congrats on the race. I am doing the mk marathon in April. Were there many hills?

Thanks

Rest day for me today, speed work at club tomorrow.
  • Options
    YoungPupYoungPup ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

My run today was amost completely different from yesterday, and was a flat 7 miles in the sunshine.

The only constant was the wind, which was probably worse today than yesterday, and for some reason seemed to be almost permanently blowing straight at me, and making moving forward at any pace really rather difficult image

Luckily, I wasn't trying to move at any real pace, and did 7 slow and steady miles at between 8:45 and 9:00 mins per mile...

YP
  • Options

Mon 8.40pm - 8.3km (41min)

off road trail - lit by an almost full moon in a clear starlit sky. a bit cooler than it has been.

slow recovery run to stretch some tired legs

well done to Solent, Ross Alexander and swittle - good runningimage

• Options

@Surrey Runner -

Nope; it was too bad at all hill-wise, the last mile of the half is advertised as up-hill - but it's nothing really.

It is actually a pretty nice route; would have been a great run save for the weather! I really do hope it's better for you in April!

• Options

Afternoon people. Some great running going on here.

Me: 10.7M in 1h25. Undulating route and it felt like hard work.

• Options
    5 treadmill miles for me in 43:50, just a recovery run.
  • Options

Cidlad the knees gave up after the 2 treadmill trots so went out on my bike for an 8 miler last Friday (first ride on new Forme). All went well knee wise pitchside on Saturday as I was on and off the pitch throughout the game.

Went out for 3.25 miles in the fields tonight with my faithful running partner Cede the Staffie and the knees were fine again.  Hope the weather is good tomorrow so I can get out on my bike again.

Keep up the good running folks,  Bobejaan image

• Options
    Interval training with club tonight.
  • Options
    Nessie73Nessie73 ✭✭✭
    3.6 miles tempo this afternoon. Lovely in Epping Forest
  • Options

4m Easy /Steady in wet and windy weather.

First run in a few days.

• Options

Wed 6.00am - 14.1km (68min)

fancied an early one as not working today. felt tougher than I expected. last km was in torrential rain - are we mad image..........image

good running everyone.

• Options
    Hi Folks. I've had a throat infection image. Managed 2 runs last week of 3 and 4 miles, and went out last night for a gentle 3 miles. The infections on its' way out now, so I hope my running will be back to normal soon.
  • Options

I'm mostly an afternoon runner but due to work committments this week I missed my training run yesterday so went outfirst thing this morning instead. 5 miles in wind and rain on, at times very slippery and certainly very muddy, towpaths. I was definitely slower but not sure if this was down to the mud or the time of day.... probably both.

Will get back to afternoon running methinks.

• Options

5 mile tempo last night at 6:45 pace.Missed track on monday so thought better make the effort to go out in the night air..

• Options
    12 1/2 miles earlier in 1:43:10, so just five seconds under target average pace of 8:15 m/m. It was very windy along the beach and took real effort to maintain speed, I then got to half way and turned around, (out and back route), and it was like someone was pushing me.
  • Options

Wed 7.00pm - 10km slow recovery run (garmin free)

trying out some new racing shoes that I have had for a while but not used - felt quite comfy. Due a bit of speedwork tomorrow

happy runningimage

• Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭

Good evening, everyone - keep up the impressive running image

A wet & windy 5 miles to the Marina & round Crosby Coastal Park at 7am - missed out the prom today: just too wild image

• Options

SR: Good 12milerimage

Managed  a 4M fartlek this morning. Dry. cold, however no wind.

• Options
    7 & 1/2 miles for me on the treadmill earlier in 1:07, so about 8:45 m/m, which is my recovery pace.