• Options
    6.88 mile club run at 7.20 m/m pace.
  • Options

Thur 9.00pm - 5.8km speedplay (26min)

consisted of 4 x hard efforts.

woodland trail - warmer this evening. 

keep up the good work everyoneimage

• Options
    4m Fast/slow as it was a very windy one when out. faster when windy behind me. Slower when running into it. Dry and mild thoughimage
  • Options
    YoungPupYoungPup ✭✭✭
    8.4 miles for me last night - was meant to be a club speedwork session, but only me showed up, and I hate doing speedwork on my own, so just went for a slightly longer run.....

My knees are starting to ache a bit, but hopefully this will pass and not develop into anything nasty like an injury.

Some great training being put in by others - and I like how this thread acts as a subtle motivation tool. image
  • Options

8M commute back home, 8:45m/M. Picking up the mileage week by week

Nice to see this threat being so lively. Keep it up people!

• Options
    4 miles for me yesterday evening. Weather pleasant and the going underfoot in the park was perfect. Not a fast run but good and steady.
  • Options

Today a 4M which was about re-introducing a bit of speed work, 6x340m in 1.13-1.15. It wasn't much, but of the right intensity. Leg feels fine and I feel am actually starting to do a bit of proper training again.

• Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭

Mini-taper before Spen 20 on Sunday: 2 miles @ moderate pace around Waterloo.  Superb conditions!

Enjoy your weekends, all! image

• Options
    4.5 mile run... struggled with a very naughty hamstring!... nicer now the nights are lighter!
  • Options
    Nessie73Nessie73 ✭✭✭
    Wednesday- v nice 6 mile ish club run.
    This morning- 10 mile easy. Enjoyed it very much until the some Jehovah's Witness stopped me to try to thrust the Watchtower at me. WTF!?
  • Options

Dutch: good to see your comeback continuing.

Swittle: good luck at the Spen 20.

5 treadmill miles for me in 39 minutes, so 7:45 m/m pace.

• Options
    YoungPupYoungPup ✭✭✭
    5 and a bit easy miles for me this morning along the banks of the Thames - Was a nice morning today, and I enjoyed ambling along at my easy pace.... image
  • Options
    I ran 9 miles this afternoon. Felt ok other than the huge blisters that developed on both feet image
  • Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    Cheers, Solent Runner image
  • Options
    6.75 miles, no idea how fast as Garmin crashed at 2 miles. 610 definitely has reliability issues.
  • Options

3 miles in 9.47 m/m. Lately I seem to have taken 2 steps forward and one back, but I am determined to set some PBs for myself this year!! image Did some Pilates afterwards.

• Options
    YoungPupYoungPup ✭✭✭
    14 miles done with the dog this morning - the route is based entirely on my dog's love of swimming, as it's a rambling circuit around the local woods to hit every pond!

Pace was very consistent at around 08:45 per mile, until the last three miles which were just under 08:30....

Happy running to you all image
  • Options

20 miles for me in 2:44, so 8:12 m/m average, which is just 3 seconds under target m/m pace. Left home at 5:45 am so was nice to have the run done and dusted by 8:30 am. Time to put the feet up for some well earned rest after a heavy weeks training.

Good luck to anyone racing tomorrow.

• Options

Good going Solent and YoungPup

Squawk - it is the steps forward that countimage

swittle - good luck in the 20

Sat - 11am - 12km (54 min) - woodland trail mixed terrain - ran the first 6km hard and the second 6km steady

Beautiful morning for running - sun and breeze

Have a good weekend everyoneimage

• Options
    8.58 miles on the treadmill today.
  • Options

Sun 8.00am - 17.1km (1.28) - slow run at conversation pace.

lovely conditions for running - mild but fresh - quite a few early morning runners out.

easy week ahead before the Liverpool half marathon next Sunday.

good running everyoneimage

• Options
    18.27 miles at 7.17 m/m pace this morning. Felt hard due to dodgy stomach requiring an emergency stop.
  • Options

You're doing great things Surrey Runner! Great pace for an LSR.

Solent Runner, you're looking good as well.

Nice one Cidlad. Liverpool half should go well for you.

Me: 12M on the Meon Valley Trial in just under 8m/M. Pleased with effort on a surprisingly warm afternoon.

• Options

Looking at the previous posts, my efforts seem a bit measly but I'll post anyway!

Ran outside for the first time today - I only started running recently and have been using the treadmill at the gym so I can gauge my times, pace etc easily... and because it's dark in the evenings still! - and managed to go ten minutes longer than ever before... 30 mins / 5k!

I found the time passed much more quickly running in the great outdoors and luckily I have a big park with lots of different routes to choose from right on my doorstep.  so think I'll aim to do one longer run on the weekend in the park and stick with the treadmill for my shorter after work runs until it gets a bit ligher in the evening.

• Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    spenbrough 20 mile road race in 2h32 in very hot weather held in west Yorkshire near Cleackheaton
  • Options
    Silverstone Half Marathon in 1:53 but was hoping to do it under 1:35. Had a horrific cold for the last two weeks and only ran it as I felt much better yesterday. Felt perfectly fine for the first three miles but after that I fell apart. If I feel how I did today again when I've got a run I've decided I won't even bother attempting it. If it was any longer I would have had to give up or I'd have collapsed. So all in all a terrible run and I'm an idiot for even doing it in the first place. The only good that came out of it is the fact that I have another medal for the collection
  • Options
    15 miles along the river from Marlow in 2:32.
    Gorgeous day and underestimated how warm it was - long tights & thermal most definitely not required!
    Never felt comfortable or got in a rhythm and the last 3 miles in particular were torture.
    On the plus side once I'd stretched and refuelled I felt fine, so I know I'm getting fitter. A confidence boost for Reading 1/2 in 3 weeks image
  • Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    Great time, compo 1, tho' I'd scarcely say the sun was cracking the flags image  Spen 20 for me too: 2:57, identical to Trimpell 20 last week...spooky!
  • Options

Some cracking training going on.image

5M Fartlek done

• Options

Well done, pixiepie. Running outdoors is much more interesting than a treadmill. image

What a lovely day it was yesterday! I ran in the afternoon and did 6.33 miles at 10.14 m/m, which isn't a great time but I was feeling a bit sluggish (probably due to a rather nice cheese scone I had with some soup at lunch time!).

I finally managed to get around to buying some new running shoes, so the run was much more comfortable.

Love to hear about your training, everyone!