Options

My Last Run

Comments

• Options

Evening all

Tonights run...or rather a jog, a pleasant 3.22 miles, 37 minutes. 

Inspired by Martin Ring 2, I took 2 of my boys out tonight (the youngest voted to ride his bike and the middle one ran) so having to guide the little one across the roads slowed me a liitle, but it forced me to take it easy. The little one loved it, he struggled with the hills (but we've all been there!) so he walked his bike up those but with practise he'll conquer them. 

The older son didnt have a problem with it but slowed in the latter mile as he said his knee was hurting, but then he ran in his normal trainers which are more fashion trainers, may be worth him getting a running set incase he wants to do  it again...but right now he is lying on the settee looking flat as a pancake.....I dont know....no endurance!!! image.

When we came back in he said "mum how far do you normally run", I informed him my standard regular route is 5 miles...his reply "You're fit man!!"  That comment made day, just reminded me how far Ive come, from a chubby 15 stone non exercising mum to a fit 11 stone avid runner.

Well done on beating me in the mileage for feb Martin, I was so close!

Abab  - Is that a challenge????? 100 Miles. Lets hope I can give you something to cheer about.

Rogs - You chase my mileage, I'll chase your pace!

Jogwatch: 2

Happy running all

• Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    Thistle., you're right, of course, but it's getting lighter by the week and I'll soon be enjoying the warm April sunshine and soft showers image

Well done all round to the 100-mile crew - serious running by any standard - and the family involvement will surely safeguard our sport for many years to come.
  • Options

How do.

01/04/08 - Club Run - 6.05miles - 53:15 - Speed Session

2nd ever club run tonight and I decided I would go for a speed session this time. Really enjoyed it! Although as we were setting out there were a couple of guys chatting about how they'd done 1hr20 or there abouts in a recent half marathon and I started to get worried! Needn't have been though, whilst some of the guys were lightning fast at the intervals it was a group of fairly mixed abilities and I was able to hold my own. We started with a 8 intervals on the flat before jogging for a mile or so to a hill where we did six on the hill... hard but undoubtedly good for strength.

I could get used to this club running malarkey! image

Jogwatch: 0

• Options

I would so like to be able to get out my bed at 5.30am - my head is stuck solid to my pillow until at least 6.45am and even then I have to get up with one eye still closed.

It is a boost seeing how far you have come DH and well done to you.  I like looking back over my runs and seeing the increased mileage and times puts a smile on my face.  Only restarted in February this year again after a break so in March totalled up 66.6miles - all the sixes - image

• Options

Tuesday 1 April 20087:05

7.41 miles ––7:03 m/m av [Ekiden]

Jog Watch – 4. (non club)
    Rival Club Jog Watch  - 6.

Club run tonight, because I couldn’t make my mind up what to do.

Arrived at bang on 7 pm and couldn’t see anyone, I thought they couldn’t have gone yet and must still be inside. Strolled in as one group was coming out and then by default had to do the second group’s run, Jon, John, Alison and Brian all decent enough runners but I knew the pace was going to be nice and steady which to be fair suited me better. 

After ½ mile I needed to take a comfort break, so dropped off the group and then had to catch up, felt really good working that bit harder up over the m-way, but settled back in when I caught them up.

I was running at the back up Backford Dip and Jon put a good 50-100 meters between him and the rest of us, so once at the top I chased him down and caught him just as you turn down towards the zoo.

We ran along the path thru the zoo but all the animals were in bed and there was nothing to see. At the end of this path we ran in to a group from another local club, West Cheshire AC and exchange a bit of banter.

Nice and steady pace then back up thru Chorlton, past the Hospice, back over the M-way and in to the club. Nice little run.

Monthly mileages
    Jan – 232.65
    Feb – 142.68
    Mar – 185.26

[2008 running total –567.82  miles.]

• Options

image Here comes the sun! image

01/04/08 - 5.32m - 46.37Much, much better tonight. I set off with the goal of running for nothing. Because of Cub's tonight  couldn't get out until very late. I so want to be out there at this time of year. Everday after work on the way home it's the same. The lightsunny evening's and lot's of runnwers out there. It motivates me so much, I love it! My injuries are subsiding I think, I just have to scale down the milage ready to be repaired fully so I can build back up again. My invisible hare failed to turn up. The first section up to the Circus point was quite slow . The extra traffice down Groves is hindering teh start. The blocked Ryef is great though, I can run all the way up. Along the Long service road was clear but I crossed just before the post office. Reached Circus point at an OK 8.36.The bollards have been moved abck along the A40 plus the signs moved in more so I could run all the way up. The last sign forcing me to put one foot in the road. My run along here was getting better. Park point was an also OK 16.19. I dropped my phone/mp3 player along the road, that slowed me for a while but I managed to pick up speed further down. Reaching roundabout point  officially 26.21 (I forgot to take a split until way after. Hill Rd and Hill though was the start, I really started to motor. My stride started to lengthen and I began to kick. The chip shop split was 37.31, I like it! The Long descent was better than recent times and quite speedy but the sutton chase was quicker than for ages but the home straight was superb, really running fast. I can't wait, bring on the summer!
  • Options

wow at your monthly miles marshall - impressive image

Day off work today so out at 8.45am for my run, went a new route via the dual carriageway for a while then back onto the country roads (much more scenic) also has some grass/mud to run through instead of pounding the pavements/roads.  A bit windy as usual - oh I yearn for the summer days. 

4.2 miles @ 38:05.

Jog Watch : 0

Sheep / Cow / Horse Watch : lost count but many image

• Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    Don't you just love getting off road! Feet weren't made to pound concrete imo

0545, and I finally hooked up with my pal. She actually missed a day's running yesterday because of tummy trouble but she'll have run close on 300 consecutive days (same as me) since june last year

A slow & sociable slope through, Waterloo, Crosby & Blundellsands in ideal conditions but not so light this morning. We caught up on business and decided her problem was jet lag compounded by running the day she returned from Costa Rica and a 1:44 Wilmslow half Marathon image

5.5 miles, 48 mins.

JogWatch: 1
  • Options
    DH, image, don't you just love a challenge?
  • Options
    gmikegmike ✭✭✭

Evening all,

Yesterday - 7.30pm - Club run - 7.5 miles

Tuesday night is 'quality session night' at BRC and this week it was Fartlek. This involved a seven mile course, half trail and half road (due to the failing light), indispersed with some rolling speed sessions.
    The first part was on the trail section and consisted of 1, 2, 3, 2, 1 min hard with 1 min recovery in between. It felt really good doing the sprints, the 3 min one was a killer! and the minute recovery seemed to get a little bit longer each time ... thank god.
    At about the half way mark we left the track for the better lit road section and part two. This consisted of 6 x 1 min hard with 30 seconds recovery ... OMG ... that was a toughy ... only managed the first four and I was cream crackered ... certainly gets the blood rushing though.
    After that a nice easy plod back to hq and then on to home ... with my legs already aching for england before I'd even stopped .... bit of an uncomfortable night in bed last night!

Signed up for my first club race last night ... the Nicola 5m on the 20th ... and I've got two 5 miles, a 10k and a 10 mile lined up for May ... Happy Days image

Happy running all ... a bit of decent weather and that extra hour daylight has seemed to given us all a right boost .. roll on summer for real!

Jog Watch - loads ... all laughing at ..

Embarressing ''Looking behind me to cross the road and running straight into a huge concrete barrier and falling arse over tit .. and grazing knee'' incident - 1 image

• Options

DH - well done on getting the kids out there - as i said I ran with my boy on monday evening - he was complaining of sore knees yesterday and didnt want to go out and he feels too tired to go tonight. I will persevere with him though - he's got a 2 mile fun (fun????) run to do in 10 days time.

Lorry driving all day today. Delivering cars to Bournemouth and then Portsmouth. This meant I had to have a tacho break for 45 mins so I took my running kit and my paperback with me. Knew i would be able to do one of the two depending on where I stopped. Unloaded my last car in Portsmouth and had to have my break so left the lorry on the ind estate and changed into my running gear. Ran the dual carrigeway back up to the M27 motorway and then found a nice route around the inner harbour and alongside a nature reserve running on the harbour wall. Did 15 mins out , had a quick pee, and then turned around and ran back to the truck. total time 31:23 - mapped it at 3.86 miles. Not a long run but a bonus run as i  could have just read my book.

Nice sunshine and sea breeze/wind blowing. I was sweating a bit but walked around the ind estate for a warm down and cool down - changed back to work clothes and gave myself a rather liberal spraying with the deodorant can. I think a bath tonight is a definate. Day off tomorrow - will try to get out sometime.

Jogwatch -0  Wading Bird watch - loads (the tide was out)

• Options

Hi all nice and mild with cool breeze tonight, feel happy imagebecause felt real tired, but dug in and did well, for me anyway. big up to DH and Martin,great to get the kids out.

8mile 1hr 4min 59sec 8.07 m/m avg.

jog = 1

• Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    Quality time management award goes to.....martin ring 2

and killer sessions by gmike & maxi bradford.

there's definitely something in the air....
  • Options

mr2, the old bonus run routine eh?, nice one.
    Nice run Maxi.

For me it was a nice 7.1 miler here on the Costa Manchester. Davyhulme-Urmston-Flixton-Davyhulme.

A fraction over 1 hr but the weather was nice, i felt pretty good and having just got up off nights i was quite happy with it.

Here begineth my taper    yaaaaaaaaaaay

Jogwatch - lots, most with a hello as well.

• Options
    Cheers guys same goes straight back to you and all. i keep trying to upload a pic of myself but it wont let me too many kbs or something , anybody got any advice thanks. maxi.
  • Options
    You will need to reduce the file size with a image editing programme, if you have office on your computer Microsoft office picture manager can do it.
  • Options
    gmikegmike ✭✭✭

me again ...

Logging yesterdays antics put me in the mood for a quick 'recovery' run.

2.5 miles - 20 mins - Round the park.

If you're ever passing my way and you've got a spare motor on board MR2 feel free to drop in image

• Options

gmike - last drop today was a brand new Chrysler Crossfire Convertible Soft top in blue. A 3.2 V6  two seat sports (about £26k)  

I know you wouldnt be interested in anything like that. Who would ???????????????

• Options

My first run outdoors for over a year I've been on the tready for the last four weeks so was a little worried how it would go

So I set of thinking about doing 10m/m but the garmin is knackered so just took it easy

ended up doing 3 miles in 24:28 so 8:10 chuffed or whatimage 

• Options

Busy month gmike, hope they all go well.image

Nice run Georgia's dad 

Well run everyone. It's going to be the hottest summer since time began this year, apparently image

Wednesday 2 April 20087:00

5 miles – 30:15 - 6:03 m/m av [spectrum+ clr – 295.38 ]

Jog Watch – 0. (lots of racers tho)

Chester Spring 5 mile race.

I have been umming and arring over this race for a while, but decided it to do it as I had nothing to lose.

Got there and jogged the .25 mile to registration, then jogged back to the car then back to the start, so that was my warm up done. (0.75 miles)

Plenty of familiar faces and pacemakers there. The first mile and three quarters is nearly all down hill but I didn’t get carried away I just latched on to George and stayed with him Adair came flying past but then slid backwards, all the time I was keeping an eye on Graham ahead. A good solid run along the bottom which is mildly undulating then the left turn and up hill all the way back to the finish (nearly). I was feeling reasonably good all the way until the last ½ mile and then George pulled a way and I couldn’t respond, turning back into the car park I heard someone shouting "come on Harry " and I realise Adair was just behind me, a quick glance over the shoulder confirmed he was there but not close enough to challenge.

Crossed the line but stopped my watch, a bit early I think, I’ve got 30:13.67 but I think I’ll probably get 30:15 in the results. I' m pleased with that result as I would’ve been happy with 30:29.image

Splits are pretty even, taking in to account the hills – 5:46.17 – 5:44.22 – 6:15.36 – 6:15.19 – 6:12.73* (*stopped early)

Jog back to the car .25 miles as the warm down.

YEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Jan – 232.46
    Feb – 142.68
    Mar – 185.26
    2008 running total –574.00 miles.

• Options

Ladies & Gentlemen.......One has an announcement to make  ***drum rolls*****

I did my 1st 9.32 minute mile!!!  WooooHoooo!  image

Decided to do the same quick 3 mile route tonight as last night (without kids). Felt good in my 1st mile, and knocked that off in 10:39, got to the top of the hill onto the straight and flatish bit and said "come on Lisa....just relax and put your foot down, lets see what you can do"....It was hard going but my garmin beeped at me at the mile 2 point so I took a quick peek and it said "9" something, i didnt focus on the seconds I just kept going.....3rd mile up the quarter mile hill then loop round back home, 3rd mile clocked 11:15, then a nice relaxing  0.20 mile back up my road to the lamp post where I began.

So just in case you havent been concentrating , my splits were 10:39, 9:32, 11:15!!!!!

Im well happy...... 9:32 might be easy pace to some of you guys in here but thats my fastest mile yet. Plus I have to make no less than 10 stops to check for cars coming in/out of side roads in that 2nd mile so  could have probably knocked another 10-15 seconds off it if I didnt have to do that! 

My max heart rate was 175 during the run, so I was working well hard.

So tonight im celebrating yet another achievement  ....... Roll on an "8" something mile in the near future...just watch this space!

Please celebrate with me guys image

Jogwatch: 0

Marsh........You are a real trooper...you never fail to amaze me.. i could never imagine running a sub 6 min mile. I take my hat off to you.

Happy running all!

• Options
    Cracking effort well done  DH   imageCelebrate good times , come on!imagewooohooooimage
  • Options
    well done Marsh and DHimage
  • Options

Well done DH - superb achievement !!!!!! image

That heart rate is well up there as well - good work rate - good determination -Go Girl.

PBs like that should give you the determination to keep the running going - Is this really the same girl who was moaning about a slow run and feeling sh*te  a few weeks ago ?

Well done again.

Maxi B - open your pic in paint - click on image on top toolbar - click on stretch/skew and reduce horizontal and vertical % to a smaller %. Save this and then click image again and click attributes to see file size in bytes ( must be less than 12000 bytes to upload) . You may need to do it again to get right file size. - hope this helps

• Options

Fab time DH image

All good running!  Even better to hear that this is going to be the warmest summer. - thanks for that info marsh image

Day off running for me tomorrow, circuit training instead. 

3 weeks Saturday until my second 10k.... can I ask anyone when they do 10ks do they have a certain amount of days off before hand or is it not really necessary?

• Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    This piccy might capture the mood on this thread at the mo'

http://www.earthspirits-herbals.com/fyi/pictures/celebrate.gif
  • Options

Excellent DH. Brilliant milestone.

Yaaaaahhhoooooooo!

• Options

Thistle - You could probably get away with running right upto race day, I have done and been ok. But depending on how hard the whole week was and if the race was important I'd probably take the day before off and only running easyish the day before that.

• Options

2.05 miles - 19:56

Pace - 9:43

Wasn't in the best mood today, but headed out anyway as I really need this weight off.

• Options

WOW! It's been a busy night / day out there and there's some cracking stuff going on! Well done to one and all!

Marsh - you're flying. MR2 - lovin' the commitment. DH - you're going from strength to strength! image

02/04/08 - 5.2miles - 36:18 - 6:59m/m

Really good but really hard run. Felt like giving myself a good workout tonight and felt great for the first half mile or so... until I hit the footpaths heading up the valley, the slight gradient and uneven footing really took it out of me for the next 1.5miles or so. After that it really was a case of trying to get my rhythm back and maintaining the effort all the way home. Found it hard the last mile or so but just kept reminding myself it would be great preperation for that last bit of a 10K when you feel about ready to drop!

Jogwatch: 4

My turn to ask a question if that's alright, again on the theme of race preperation...

I've got Sheffield half marathon on the 27th but there's also a local 10K the weekend before on the 20th that I fancy doing. If I race the 10K will I be able to recover in time to have a good crack at the half? Or should I not bother with the 10K?