Options

2008 Edinburgh Marathon

Comments

• Options

Hey folks. Have read back, will try and remember what y'all said. Firstly though Bungee - baaaaaah! image I'll be there popping out of a bush again!

So, this morning was different. Yup, spent it a A&E with No.2 who last night fell over (well no.1 pushed him!) and he hurt his knee. Well this morning when he woke up (at 6am I hasten to add.... image ) he couldn't straighten it out or weight-bear on it. So I shoved some calpol down him and hoped that would help but it didn't. I phoned NHS24 who advised I take him to the hospital where after waiting hours and hours (and flippin hours image) he straightened his leg and walked away! imageimage  Bet they're all thinking I'm some kind of neurotic flippin parent now too! imageimageimage

Anyways, as a treat for being so good at school he and I went into Edinburgh swimming (not swimming into Edinburgh, leave that to hubby and no.1!!) swam about for ages then went for some grub. All in all a fine day (other than the morning of course......)

Planned a wee 10-miler as the last long run before Glasgow but really not up for it today so think I'll do it tomorrow. Ate too much dinner (yummy chilli, rice & chips!) and am so tired after being up at 6am and not in bed til after 1am as No.3 was wailing.  Might actually head up to Blairadam Forest for something different for tomorrow's run...

No.3 is getting toilet trained - finally! He's doing really well. Only 1 pair of soggy pants today, compared to the usual 5 in a couple of hours!!!! Think he's finally getting the hang of it!!!!! 

At last, Murray breaks serve!

So hiya, again, and right, here goes. Molly, hope the shopping trip goes well for son. Bless you his mummy looking after him. Mind that teddy now!! Feet still tapping to the ceilidh beats????

Hiya Amber, long time no see!!!! Hope you're feeling better and well done on your run. How are your lot getting on back at school? When do you start your college thingy?

Smiffie, I'll do a shift with the babysitting too. Give the kids as many bizarre experiences as you can over on wierd weekend!!!

Caniggia, your footie top fallen to bits in the wash yet???? Well done on your 20 miler, great in this sticky heat.  Love the CCTV Mancunians - hilarious!!!!

Smout, love the list, so organised already - well done! Yup, put me in the bushes for next year, unless something completely insane happens and I think I want to run it!!!

Hope you've recovered from your shopping trip Karen. You buy anything nice??

Foxy - was it today you were doing your half or is that tomorrow? Should have got a wee bet on you to help you along!!!! 

Hiya AWatson - good luck with the race tomorrow.

Bungee - looks like your son has got himself into a good company if the website's anything to go by. Great he's enjoying Madchester too. Things not going so good for your daughter and her b/f then? Maybe she's just needing a change?

Right, war & peace well and truly over! 

• Options
    OMG bedshaped how do you remember it all? What a day you've had!! Hope no 2 ok now. No 3 soggy breeksimage. Just bought bits n bobs, nothing spectacular. You enjoy your run tomorrow, i might bimble myself.
  • Options
    Just been looking at the SaabSalomon X-Trail thingy in October. Thought it might be the kinda thing you'd be doing, only I quite kinda fancy it........ Need to put it to the board tho image
  • Options

mud no

trails no

injury risk before Noo Yoik (did I mention i was going there in November!!!!!) no

Thats one against bedshaped image

Why do "exciting" races get sponsored by Saab anyway.  Is there a motor on the road more boring than a saab.  Even Volvo drivers get more fun out of their wardrobes on wheels than saab drivers get out of their clinically boring automobiles.  Do all runners have to run several miles/hour slower than they normally would and slower than is necessary for the course being negotiated?  Just cant see the facination in buying either a Saab or a Volvo to be honest.  What features do they have unique to them oh aye they have their lights switched on 24/7 but other than that are dull as bits to drive.  Even my sh!tey hair dressers car is more fun to drive than either of these 2.  Amazing as it sounds I can also work out when I need to switch my lights on.  WHEN ITS FECKIN DARK!!!!!!!!  Cars are meant to brake down.  Thats what gives you an excuse to buy a shiney new fangled exciting new one every few years.  If you buy a Swedish car you are stuck with the same lump of efficiently dull metal until the day you die of boredom.  image  Short live the automobile image

By the way bedshaped you have just found out the mystical philosophy of NHS casualty and out of hours services.  If we make patients wait long enough the f***ers will heal themselves image

Could any of you guess from the splean venting I've been engaged in on this post that I have only recently left the pub image 

• Options

Morning guys,

Hope No2 ok now bedshaped.  Hospitals horrible... 

We were in Glagow yesterday too Karen. 

I have been really under the weather with this cold, so trailed round the shops all day using a tonne of tissue.  Still bunged up today, but much better.

Off to the home and interiors show today, so got to get ready.  Laters.x

• Options

morning all

Caniggia you funny image our cars turns its lights on itself lol we don't know when to do it image My brother loves saabs and his looks and drives pretty damn cool when I've been in it and my best mates man has a volvo lol and his kicks ass (they are both top of the range ones right enough so I should hope they would) image ha ha at your car venting, bad at the footie then?

Oh Soph hope your nose drys up soon image enjoy your interior ideas day image

bedshaped A&E = long waits and stuff of  nightmares!!! glad all ok in the end, kids, doncha just love em lol loved your post esp the randon tennis report in the middle lol image

still got house, car and garden stuff to do today! there's never an end to it is there? If we have time may squeeze in a trip to the flicks or ten pin with pals, we'll see.

I'll go for a run with the boys later on when I take them out their walk.

Happy Sunday folks image

• Options

Afternoon all. Shattered today.

Did my 5k in the morning. No PB so glad that I didn't provide the opportunity for bets to be placed !

The evening run wasn't a race as such but a 13.5 mile charity run (for Leukemia research) which also took in 6 pubs and we collected money there and also on the way. Three of the lads are then going to run a full marathon, stopping off at 26 different places (not all are pubs !)in two weeks time so last night was a bit of a practice really. Had a great night though . Have never run along a canal in the dark, wearing an afro wig, carrying a bucket whilst under the influence of alcohol before !

After I've recovered from all this will be doing 10k next Sunday and that is a target PB race so place your bets if you dare.

Have a great day folks. Soph - Try a hot toddy for medicinal purposes !!!

• Options

Hi guys. Been baby visiting again. My pals little 6lb'er. Got to change a pooey nappy and dress her. Oh boy, think i put everything on upside down. Poor kid. I love baby smellimage. Except for the nappies.

bedshaped i fancied that race but day before Loch ness!! I've been watching the ultra tour de monte blanc updates on the whw site and richie from your club came in at 307th place. One helluva race that one!!

You sobered up caniggiaimage

Poor Soph, you have a duvet day if not well tomorrow.XX

Enjoy your day Bungee, peeing it down here and the ochils all dark and eeiry but heading up to relive the nightmare that is Dumyat and Blairdennon - hope i make it back................................ 

• Options
    Oh Foxy. A 6 pub run? I like itimage. I'll bet on you for next week. Off to do my Julie Andrews on them there hills.
  • Options

Hi all !

aww bedshaped we had to take max to a&e a few years back with a similar thing he was writhing around in agony every time he weight beared on his leg and was screaming and moving around the house on his belly dragging his wee leg behind .......he should have won an oscar !! soon as he saw the toys in the a&e waining room he forgot and was running about quite the thing ......so embarrising !image

That pub run sounds great fox!!!

had a good time at friends lastngiht ...she made a gorgeous vegie lasagnia ! I might go out for another  wee run later ..not sure ....hangover is improving image

about my sports HNC.....i have had to postpone it for the moment ,hoping to still do it next year tho.

decided to do Edinburgh Mara again in May!!!image

• Options

Mmmm Lasagne image

Nappies image

Must remember to enter the race tomorrow ! 

• Options

Hey foxy sounds like a fab way to run 13.1 miles lol image good luck for next weekends PB image Son was down your way yesterday at The Mill, he bought himself a sofa for £100.

Hiya Amber veggie lasagne sounds delish image sorry to hear you're not doing your course this year fingers crossed for next year x

Rain rain go away DONT come back another day!!!!

Enjoy them there hills Julie oh I mean Karen image

• Options

http://www.marathondumedoc.com/pages/en/accueil.php

reading about FOTR pub run i fancy doing this!! A vineyard run- no water stops- just wine stops!! Amber- its right up our street isnt it!! image

lol mollyXX

• Options
    oh wow !!...it sounds perfect molly image xx
  • Options

That one does look a lot of fun, you get pate and all sorts to eat along it aswell as loads of wine lol Loon Dod has done it and said it was great.

Off out in the rain with ma boys for a wee wet bimble image

• Options

Hi all. Well done Fox on your 2 runs. Great way to raise cash running with a bucket into the pub. Speaking of pubs, PMSL at you Caniggia and your post-pub rant! And what's wrong with Volvo's then? I happen to drive one!!! Mind you, not my choice. I'd ditch it for a Saab any day. image

Shame you've had to put off your course Amber. Hope all's well and as you say you can start next year.

Enjoy your wet bimbles Bungee & Karen.

Hope you're feeling better soon Soph.

Hi to anyone I forgot image

Had a last long run before Glasgow next week - did 9.5 miles. Feels good, bucketing down bit time imageimage

• Options

Amber you got hangover too? Jeezy peeps we're all supposed to be athletes here? Bungee and i got babysit service going if you need us at edinburgh next yearimage

I did enjoy the hills Bungee, couldn't see very much and had to forego blairdennon as couldn't bloody see it and mud was unbelievable but good fun checking out various paths. Tons on sheep again.  Enjoy your bimble.

You're doing great bedshaped. You're gonna fly at GSR.

• Options

Hey folks image

Can I join the hangover club please? Did 10 miles yesterday just before going to friends BBQ where the combo of Gin & Tonic then Champagne Mojitos has made today and effort. A mate was possibly going to stay over and apparently I went upstairs to blow up the mattress and was found a while later asleep on the floor with it half rolled out image

Tomorrow tomorrow ..... is only a day away......

Oh my Glasgow half next week..... not ran further than 10 since marathon and only done it twice..... eek...... Running Linlithgow 10k on 21st too.... anyone else? That was my first race last year before the madness of entering a marathon had set in.... hadn't run further than 10k in my life at that point image oooo

think I'm excited to be back running image

• Options

Hi Karen ...babysiting service!?....so you not running then? or are you running with baby slings and buggys?image

LoL @ SMOUT falling asleep!!image

im feeding my hangover .....made a healthy  veg stirfry ...then thought nah thats not gonna do the trick  so stuffed it into huge wraps with loads of cheese and chilli .....now im stuffed!image..wainting for a space for my rocky road pudding now image.....yup bodys a temple ......such an athlete image

x

• Options

Evening guys,

Think I need to remortgage flat after today.  Had good fun.  I bought one of those digital photo frames for a snip and it's fab.  Also went to TK Maxx at the Fort which is always fatal on the way home.

Cold has gone for chest now, old hag coughing and not good with asthma.  Feeling well miffed at sick folk coming into work, so no to duvet day as I'm going to make the bar stewards suffer Karen... Heh.  No running this weekend. imageimage Lots of walking though.

Oh poor you having to postpone course Amber.  Hehe @ you and Smout with hangovers.

Well done FOTR for your runs, good going. 

Volvo bedshaped!!! Hehehehe.  Old man car.  LoL, just pulling your leg.  I remember an old boss of mine telling us about a trip he took several years back to the South of France in his volvo and he got flashed every two seconds, because the side lights turn on automatically.  It drove him bonkers.  image  At uni, A friend of my flat mate came to stay and he drove a volvo, the following morning someone had blocked his car in in the street.  He just bumped the car in front and then the car behind before driving off leaving all the car alarms blaring in his wake.  PMSL, we stood at the window aghast.....

So caniggia you are saying that you are environmentally unfriendly because you want to waste cars every couple of years?! Heh @ hairdressers car, does it buzz when you rev and do idle chit chat?

Hope you enjoyed your run bungee...

Molly, you are becoming quite the marathon traveller eh?  Inca trail marathon next? 

Off to wash car now.  Laters.x 

• Options
    HELLO to anyone who remembers me from the 2007 Edinburgh marathon!!! So how did it go this year anyone? Think I'm going to give it another go next year. Just got the email to say that the entris open tomorrow - bring it on!!!!
  • Options

No i'm not doing the marathon Amber. I've got an ultra next April and an ultra ultra in June so no tarmac stuff for me in between. Nothing like stuffing your face with a hangover - soaks up the alcoholimage.

You take care old hacking cough Soph.

I'm clearing out clothes tonight, i've got tons and tons of stuff. I hate throwing stuff out. 

• Options
    Hello running ranger, nice to see you backimage
  • Options

oh dont you just hate it when you've typed loads and then you hit a button, don't blooming know what one but it all disappears and ITS ALL GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! image Then you can't be ar$ed typing it all again!!

Hello everyone

Soph sounds like a great day, love the volvo story image
    Smout loved your sozzled bed blowing up story image
    Karen were the sheep loving the mist image
    Amber get in there with you hangover feeding frenzy image

I went out for a lovely wet 4 mile bimble with boys, legs got tired but I think I'm getting there. Will I be fit enough for giving GSR & LN a good go?? God only knows but we'll find out soon enough!!!!!

• Options

Hey there RR welcome back, how you been? image now do you not need a new name, or are you back to being a ranger again lol If not how's the studying going?

• Options

Amber - thats such a shame you've had to postphone course............. hope you get to start soon...... we need your advise here!  My rabbit is just as bad, ate the iron cable last week, oh shame I couldn't do any ironing.  GOOD GOOD RABBIT!

No running for me this weekend, but got some good cardio cross training in so not toooo upset.......  managed to hurt my neck somehow though, how weird is that?  Was doing stuff don't normally do though so maybe overdid it!  Last time was using wobble board for knee and couldn't walk next day......

Found my friend is back home for a week so I can run 12 with her on my Wednesday afternoon.  Plan to do 5 before we meet up, then drag my sorry a*se for another 3 at end to get a 20 in.  Then at least I've got 3 x 20 mile runs done before Berlin..............

Soph how many weeks now image hope you're feeling better soon......

Hello and welcome back Running Ranger.........image

Oh dear that made me laugh Smout,  awww so cute, he he he

Thanks Karen / Bungee, I'll be on that site tomorrow entering............ image image image

Yehay Bedshaped thats how I got running my first marathon, by thinking maybe, just maybe imageimageimage

LOL Ranty Caniggia33, I used to have Saab 93 and lurved, especially ignition being down by gear stick...... people used to get in and not see, then wonder how to start duh image

Hi Molly, DCB, FOAR and and and............ image

• Options
    Hallo gang, ran the Paisley 10k today in time of 41mins 29 secs, so fairly happy going into next weeks GSR. whats all the fuss over cars MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
  • Options

Aw, it's so nice to hear from you folk again!!

Yes Bungee, you're right, technically I do need a new name. After studying like stink the past year, I started my first teaching job a couple of weeks ago. It's very very very very busy, but good fun. Somehow Running Ranger still has the best ring about it though - running teacher just isn 't the same!

• Options
    Hi everyone.  Not read back and have been away all weekend.  Smiffie sorry to see you didn't manage any running and have hurt your neck.  I'm in a similar position spent hours in the car today only to get out and find I had a very tight hamstring.  How can you get injured sitting in a car?  So unfair - would have seemed more reasonable I'd been stiff after a hard session.  Did manage a few miles tonight though to loosen up.