Options

Vitruvian 2008

Comments

• Options

No, it's not a service bus, so they'll be trying to track down a random coach with a dent in the near side.

pacesetter wil be emailing all competitors on behalf of the police, so any descriptions of any coaches seen on the course will be of interest...

• Options

Lots of Hugs for Squishy - what a dreadful thing to happen.

If it helps at all, the local buses in Rutland are The Rutland Flyer, Blands buses and Nesbit Bros. It may have been a lincolnshire service tho as Ketton is close to Stamford.

Lots of luck for a speedy recovery. The air ambulance are amazing. My son was lifted by them in August of last year and they do a fantastic job!

• Options
    Oh - its not local then thats a shame, it would have been easier. How on earth could he NOT have stopped. What a complete TW@T!
  • Options
    He's obviously decide that he may get away with it. We need someone to come up with a good description to make sure that he doesn't...
  • Options

Thanks for the update Crashie

don't forgry that Squish will need full use f the crochet blamket 

(((Squish)))

• Options
    The results are up
  • Options

good to hear her spirits are up even though she is in obvious pain................I hope they get the driver ............its unbelievable that he didn't stop..............he needs to be found ....good luck..

I think squishy will be able to win the award for best race report..............no one else would have matched her speed in the helicopter..............

• Options

again, sending healing vibes to squishy.

I was the bloke in the TriTalk top at the top of the Ripple and then again out on the run course honking or shaking cow bells at you all.   was supposed to be racing but illness and loss of voice saw an end to that idea.

From our vantage point on the ripple we saw far too much dangerous overtaking by traffic.  but I'm afraid my memory is not good enough to remember any particular buses or coaches that could have been involved in squishy's accident.

great turn out from both camps again with mutual support, the pirate and TT support crews really make these races special, so well done all.

• Options

Excuse my ignorance - I know who the Pirates are, but who are TriTalk and where are they to be found? Is this a 'rival' group in the 'shouting, waving and generally giving big support' stakes?

(Squish - now is the time to get Crashie to do the cooking in an apron. Only an apron. It's now or never. Seize the day! )

• Options

Spans here

Squishy I am so sorry to hear about your accident, that sounds horrendous, and I really hope that they catch the coach driver.  Having fractured my right collarbone in the past I can empathise with you as to just how much pain you are in (until you do it you have no idea how important a bone it is!), so make sure you rest up, keep as still as you can and get well soon. x

Oh and Crashie if you want to amuse yourself whilst helping, soup is the best comfort food out there... but you will need to help feed as eating soup left handed takes some practice...!!

• Options

Thanks Crashie for he update. Give my love to Squishy and I hope the driver is caught very soon! Can't believe he didn't stop!!

Azacaya wrote (s

(Squish - now is the time to get Crashie to do the cooking in an apron. Only an apron. It's now or never. Seize the day! )

LOL!!!

• Options
    Good shouting Tim, much appreciated.

usual bit of banter between the two groups....laugh as everimage
  • Options
    Rest easy Squishy and enjoy your man slave while you can.  And I sure that bus driver will get found soon - unbelievable!
  • Options
    kittenkat wrote (see)
    "Pretty shit, I've had better days"
    LOL!!!
  • Options
    Azacaya wrote (see)

Excuse my ignorance - I know who the Pirates are, but who are TriTalk and where are they to be found? Is this a 'rival' group in the 'shouting, waving and generally giving big support' stakes?

TrI Talk....  we are another online Tri community  found at www.tritalk.co.uk 

forums at  http://www.tritalk.co.uk/forums/index.php

rivals?  well, some take the rivalry a bit seriously, but on the whole it is just a bit of fun banter between the two groups, with both providing mutual support.  There are a handful who post on both sites.  feel free to come over and say hello or ask questions.  which is better.....?  ha ha... we can argue that one all day!  depends on your approach to Tri.   Personally, if you've got Pirates at one of the spectrum, and slowtwitch at the other.... TriTalk is the middle ground.   if you haven't found slowtwitch....  lol.

• Options

Crash/Squish - I've posted a quick link to your post on my tri club forum. I was there spectacting & there were about 8 of us racing.

Posted just in case it jogs a memory before PaceSetter send their email round.

• Options

Thanks Tim! I like 'healthy rivalry'. Especially when it's 'see who can support the most' type stuff. Only winners there! We can just ignore the ones who take it seriously.

Pirates - will I be barred future entry if I have a quick shusty at the Tritalk site? Just for research purposes, you understand...

• Options
    I post on all 3 does that mean I'm trisexual, or just confusedimage
  • Options

It means you're a slapper Pebble!image Wahaay!

'Slowtwitch' - is that like, when you're dying? 

• Options

(((Squishy))) - it does put things into perspective somewhat.  The next 6 weeks is going to drag slowly - then again, time to select/order a new bike!!  image  Well done Symes for stopping your race to look after Squishy - as we said last night, slightly ironic isn't it after Nice when Squish chucked her race away to look after KK......

I had a cracking time.... camping the night before was wet and noisy - although there was a lot of us in the camp site so no point moaning about it.  The support on and beside the course during the race was awesome.  Brilliant to meet up with a whole new group of Pirates (and to see old friends again) and the party afterwards was a great laugh (with a years free supply of crisps from the race organisers)!!  I must admit that crawling back into a very damp tent for the second night in a row was a bit grim, but a minor detail in an otherwise phenomenal weekend!

Race wise, I had a great time, felt good in the water, ambled through T1, felt strong on the bike had another gentle transition and then ran 3/4 of the run before my shin injury went pop.  Walked in to the finish chatting to Rattie and Meldy and finished 11 mins better than my previous attempt at this distance.  image  Well done to everyone who was there.

Thanks again to all the supporters (including the TT'ers).  image

• Options

http://www.tritalk.co.uk/forums/userpix/5031_Photo0074_1.jpg

Can we do this sort of trisuit in yellow?  I might put this on the kit thread too! image

• Options

Umm, yes I did see that image

Edit: I wasn't perving at every bloke that went past image

• Options
    LOL........... we mustn't be too rude as it was a guy from TriTalk - and I think this weekend there was some great mutual support!  But it definitely caught the eye of just about everyone!!! image
  • Options
    Home and ready for an afternoon on IM Dead

well done to all out there on Saturday,  its not ideal conditions for a race IMO I prefer the 35 degree sun angle.

Squish,  heal well partner although I was a little miffed you couldnt be arsed to drop the timing chip off in the helicopter on your way to get a plaster  image
    The new Triathlon Discipline:  Swim, Bike, Helicopter 

Thanks a lot to the Tripers for their support on and off the course and of course we know who's better!!!

Camping was not the great wash out it was expected to be and I think we were pretty lucky with the weather all told but my tent is in two bin bags in the boot of the car and I suspect it may stay there for a while !