Options

Rotterdam Marathon 2008

123457»

Comments

• Options

Hello!

Congratulations to everyone, sounds like pretty much everyone lived up to teh Rotterdam billing of a fast race, so well done.  Nemo, bit of a kick but sounds like you did the right thing and you'll rattle round essex with no problems, wait and see.

On teh water stops I thought there were more than enough - you were never more than a couple of miles from an aid station and they seemed to have a good mix of water, sports drink, tea and fruit so I couldn't fault it.  I wouldn't have wanted more - at aid stations people dive left and right or walk through and you have mountains of debris to wade through, closer than every 5k and it'd be like running through Picadilly Circus!

Like BDB I was a wee bit surprised that there wasn't more segregation at teh start but a good course and a 3:15:06 finish for a PB and a boston qualifyer, happy days! 

• Options

Guess what turned up in the post yesterday? My info. pack! Better late than never image

Well done on your BQ times BDB and amadeus, that's a great milestone. Will either of you be running it next year? Well done to NG and WD too for your PBs, you're all v. speedy.

Have you tried a bottle belt, Neil? I take a small bottle I can refill as I always worry they'll run out of water for people at the back. But it means I can drink when I want.

I'm off to the Essex Marathon thread now and after that it will be the Venice Marathon as my autumn goal. Vene, vidi, vici - I'm sure there's a sub-4:45 in me somewhere!

Ciao image

• Options
    Good Luck LN...you deserve it image