Options

Fans of Thanet

Comments

• Options

(((Cliff))) -  early night and plenty of vit c,  get Mrs CF to rub some vicks on your chest image hope you  feel better tomorrow.

Wags finger and sighs Current Mrs MF you have been warned, work is not to be enjoyed!!

Went for a mud bath today - running along, mind in neutral tripped on a tree root and skidded head first down the incline into the very wet and muddy ditch at the bottom! Not a good look for playground pick-up image  

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Oops, was on target to make tonight but then little man decided to roll over for the first time so we spent some time playing and I lost track of time!

Good luck all for Sunday image

• Options

yay bo-bo welcome to the "falls" club it must be the influence of running with me image

I only just made it to last nights session bloomin M2 image

Cliff I do hope you can shake of the sniffles  as bo bo said lots of vit C

Off to FLM expo in about 15 mins cant wait its the only time I get excited about shopping image

• Options

Cinders,

Fun itsn't it. Sam doesn't much like rolling.

Are people up for a family pickernick after the Whitstable 10K somewhere?

djb

• Options

I have just spent a while reading through some of the RW advice on FLM, how to prepare etc and "tips" from other forumites and it ain't half confusing. Make sure you have a drink just before you start, don't drink anything an hour before you start; being just two examples. Some folk suggest a 20 minute light jog on Saturday, others tell you to sit on your bum watching tv all day.

I have come to the conclusion that there are no two runners alike and that we all just need to do what works for us as individuals. Sure, there are a few golden rules which are a "given" such as the well documented dehydration effects of caffeine and water, but I know that some of the recommended fluid consumption levels during the race that I have seen some folk recommending would leave me throwing up halfway round. I eat a lot of carbohydrates anyway in my diet but I have been doing even more this week and I also make sure I drink lots of water daily anyway, even when not running.

I am raring to go now. Just checked the latest weather forecast and it is saying highs of 13C partly cloudy, partly sunny, 20% chance of rain, so that looks good to me. See you all at the crack of dawn on Sunday. Bring it on!

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Not sure whether Thomas really liked rolling over, seemed a bit surprised by it all!

We'd be up for meeting up after Whitstable.

Do what's best for you CB and good luck image

• Options
    Oops, before somebody else spots it, when I said the well known dehydration effects of "caffeine and water" I should of course put "caffeine and alcohol"!
  • Options

Cinders

Now that Thomas is rolling over assume nothing at ground level is unreachable. Our eldest was a dab hand at rolling over and could cover large distances if you turned your back for a few seconds. Enjoy!

• Options

Good advice Bill, it would seem, as Cinders has said, do whatever feels right for youimage I have looked through the advice that you mentioned and I could find nothing about whether trying to fix a lawn mower would be a good thing or a bad thing

Fingers crossed, my chesty cough doesn't seem to be 'developing'image

• Options
    fingers crossed Cliff - been to Tesco, wouldn't want to waste the steak I've bought image
  • Options

back now from the ultimate runners shopping trip. Current Mrs F has made several purchases.  I treated myself to some new socks and a new Garmin 405 image

Blagged lots of freebies as well.

Cliff just checking we are meeting you at somerfield garage at 6.00am and not at Chestfield ?  I hope the Vit C is helping and the cough is not getting too bad .

bo-bo see you in the morning

• Options

Get well soon CF.

I did spend a fortune but got some new trainers - new pink adidas supernovas!  Mark videoed me on the treadmill - not a good sight!  Also got a pink Foska teeshirt - bit of a theme going on here!

Jnr got a multicoloured mohican!

• Options
    Current Mrs F (www.bmycharity.com/sharonfoster) wrote (see)

Jnr got a multicoloured mohican!

photo definitely required!!!!!!!!!!!

MF7 - will park and walk up toward chez-F, weather looks grim so keep en eye out, won't ring the bell as FLM-ers need their sleep image

• Options

Thank you for your good wishes (that sounds like I have died), I think your positive thoughts are working.

MF - the Somerfield garage at the top of the Minster hill? 6am it will be!

Garmin 405 arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it looked soooooooo goooooooooood!

Pink trainers, I think that they might suit me as wellimage

Good luck with your run in the morning, I will be thinking of you. Have you seen my favourite film, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, where two comrades are hatching a plot to murder the third......................................................image

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Is the 405 out now or was that a pre-order Mark?
  • Options

Cinders - he pre-ordered cos they've sold out at FLM expo - poor Mark spent ages on the stand and missed blagging the garmin boot bag that we all got!!

CF glad you're feeling better - see you Sunday morning at 6am!

Bobo have pic but can't upload the bloody thing!!

• Options

NEWSFLASH FROM NUTTERS-ON-THE-RUN

Bobo has just phoned in.  Cliff, you're safe.... no plotting going on as nobody can breath.  MF7 and Tigger are treating the 20+ miles as a tempo run and not a word has been said since they started!  image  Barking bloody mad the three of them!  The last I heard from Bobo when she headed out of the door was that they would be running at L2B Pace .......................... my arse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! image hahahahahah

FURTHER NEWSFLASH 

I've been swimming (gentle 2kms in the pool), have fixed (replaced) the broken tap in the bathroom and have now turned the oven on to cook some coconut cookies.  For Crazy Eskimo Penguin - here is the recipe:

Nutters Nibbles 

Ingredients:

• 1 x cup self-raising flour
    • 1 x cup granulated sugar
    • 1 x cup rolled scotch oats
    • 1 x cup desicated coconut
    • 1 x (large) teaspoon of Golden Syrup
    • 1 x egg
    • 4oz* (100g) Marg
    1. Preheat oven to Gas Mark 3* (170 degrees C)
    2. Grease some baking trays
    3. Sieve dry ingredients into bowl
    4. Melt Marg/Syrup in a bowl over hot water
    5. Beat egg a bit
    6. Chuck melted marg/syrup into dry mix and mix up
    7. chuck egg into mix and mix it well
    8. Roll into small balls and put on baking tray
    9. Cook for about 20 mins until they are turning a Golden colour
    10. Cool on racks and eat within 48 hours

They go hard if you leave them much longer than 2 days - anyway they never last more than about 2 hours in our house!

* NB these are "old farts" measures/temperatures - I think I've converted them correctly in brackets!!! image

ENJOY

• Options

I am just so pleased that I am sat here listening to J Ross Esq. I would have enjoyed a L2B jog, not a 20 mile speed session. You can hear MF barking his coaching instructions '20 x 1 mile at 400 metre pace, and no slacking at the back!'image

PSC - I love the precision of the instructions 'beat egg a bit' and 'chuck egg into mix', delicious use of the English language!!!!image

• Options

You should see the state of the kitchen...... flour all over the floor, me licking the bowl.... image   Anyway, I wrote these instructions down when I was about the same age as CEP so that's exactly how they are hand written into my big file of recipes.....

• Options

CEP says thanks for the recipe PSC!  She was going to make some cupcakes for tomorrow but had a pressing engagement with some long haired boys at the beach!!

Hope all FLMers are feeling better than me - not sure if its psychological or if I've caught CF's cold!

• Options

Mrs F - not that I want to call you psycho, but definitely preferable to the cold. I prescribe an afternoon of self-indulgence, followed by your favourite dinner and an early night. Fingers crossed you feel better ASAP.

well I had a lovely morning - not sure about the idea to head inland and avoid the wind image - hope I didn't slow the speedsters too much, pleasantly tired now, but a good confidence boost. I can vouch for the biscuits image

• Options

great company as usual this morning thanks bo-bo.  Makes me tired just watching "tigger" bouncing back and forwards. Sorry if it was a bit rapid I did try to keep in sensible honest image. Anyway you looked better than I did at the finish. When I got home I was truly Knackered.

My feet are trashed I have never grown so many blisters ever image so think im gonna ditch the new shoes and go back to the old ones for halstead.

Had a chat with CMF and as long as im back home by 10.45 ish next sat Im ok for a morining pass.  So if you want another little trott Im on and definitely L2B pace I will not set foot in front of you all run promise !image

• Options
    oh nearly forgot bo-bo you have mail we gave up trying to upload CEP pic on here so have sent it via email image
  • Options

just opened the piccie image

Revenge is sweet - see you next Saturday, but you have to step foot in front of me at least once we ladies have to have a view now and again image

• Options

Bobo if Mark is in front of you there won't be a view!!!image

• Options
    Well run Thanet - sorry to miss Mrs F but we've applied for planning permission for an even bigger sign next year image.
  • Options

Hi Bobo

Sorry but we searched desperately for one of PSC nutters nibbles to no avail!!!!

Fab day but can we take AK47's next year and shoot people with Ipods and MObile phones!image

• Options

Fabulous day well done to all TRACCITES. Fantastic PBs for CB and Charlie White, a great run from CMF, Helen and Jane. I Pb'd by 33 seconds, a fantastic achievemnet for two years of hard workimage I would love MF to pace me sub 4 at Halstead!

It was fantastic to see the Fans of Thanet for about 20 seconds, but I can tell you two guys that the thought of seeing you kept me going for about 7 miles, huge thanks. Bobo I am sorry I kissed you, I was carried away by the emotion of it all and had forgotten that I smelled really badly and must have been most unappealing, PSC, I thought about kissing you as wellimage 

Thanks again to all for such a terrific day and now I can put my running shoes away for.....................days

• Options

well didnt they do well !!image

CMF and hells bells a strong run and well inside the target time brilliant

Bill fantastic PB great run

Cliff considering your man flu a PB as well what can I say

Charlie sub 4 .30 fab

Lorraine sub 4.30 a star

Jane completeing you first mara brilliant.

PSC and b0-bo fantastic support I know those who saw you really appreciated you sorry about CMFcompletely missing you

WELL DONE ALL OF YOU image

• Options

Forgot to thank MF7 for all his advice and support - couldn't have done it without you.image

CF will be cheering you on at Halstead - please only kiss me if you smell niceimage