Options

Sheffield social

Comments

• Options

Just a number and instructions - chips collected on the day, no number no chip.  And the number is marked M (handwritten) so i guess that means male.

I think Mozzy mentioned about same star/finish using the river path between Castleton/Hope - thats what i would do anyway.  If you start at Casteleton you have a nice 1 - 1.5m of easy running to Hope to get warmed up before climbing Losehil, then across the ridge (Back Tor may be a fun descent) to Hollins Cross and Mam Tor then you have several routes down to castleton - along and down the path at the back of Peveril Castle may be one way or down the broken road and through the fields.

Barry - I would happily lend you my Speedcross or Nike off road shoes (size 10), but don't know how to get them to you.

• Options

P-daddy you have the shave yourself? Might be a bit of a problem depending how far down the hernia is.

Regarding the BM wouldn't mind tagging alone if that's cool just to shout abuse at you all if there is spare room in the car. Going to be up early Sunday anyway for the swimming only worry for me that I can get to met you guys in time after. Can phone Haile and tell him your plans Friday night, might even be able to nick a lift off him if canny.

Don't do cricket much has onions got injured or something?

• Options
    Cake wrote (see)

Don't do cricket much has onions got injured or something?

Not injured just dropped in favour of Sidebottom for some reason.

Didzee - not familiar with the river path but sounds like a good idea to me.

• Options

Re cricket - hopefully our swing bowlers will cause as many problems as the SA bowlers have. 133-6, could all be over by tomorrow.

Am sure Mozzie has a plan/route in mind for Sunday. 

• Options

Dids - yeah that's the route I had in mind - it's circular - I tend to do it from Hope, but I mentioned the better cafe option in Castleton in an earlier post - just that it tends to get very wet and muddy along the river if we run down there as a warm up, but I guess we're gonna get wet and muddy anyway so lets start in Castleton.

Baz - I've done it in road shoes before - not ideal - but then again neither are my trail shoes I don't reckon!

I'll take my car and can fit 4 other folk in - a couple of the SP's may come along too. Stu are you ok to take your car? If not Carol may come and I'm sure she won't mind taking you and Baz.

Bring lots of warm clothing that we can leave in the car folks!

Just back from Sainsburys - God it was mobbed! Now got to start cooking. Filled the fridge with Cobra. Cake I have cream and ice cream and Strawberries for Sheils as she's vegan. I've also bought my favourite box of chocolates - I'm ok unless I open them - which - um - I have. So we're 5 down. I've hidden them now but the problem is I know where they are. image

Very lovely new SP Jane coming along tomorrow too and Nick and Vicky who I know from the gym and were daft enough to mention that they were thinking about doing Dublin (Nick's gonna go for sub 3 - he's done the odd tri I t hink, but first mara for both of them) (Vicky has the best pair of legs on the planet) Otherwise I think we're all acquainted! Unless Bex friend Sally comes along in which case I'm sure it won't take me long to find out absolutely every last detail of her life past and present (I'm famous for it)

Reet - off down the Mayfield and up the limb.

• Options

Sounds like you're all over the plans for tomorrow Mozzy - thanks in advance for all the hosting efforts! image

Don't you have a new pair of fell shoes from Accelerate to test Mozzy? I would recommend everyone goes with as much grip as they have for Sunday! Also as well as clothes for the car, layers for the run are definitely a good idea as may be pretty exposed / chilly up top! Just gotta keep running to keep ourselves warm! image

Mozzy - no worries I can drive if needs be, just need to know who I'm taking.

• Options

Sally can't come friday, but is defo doing dublin and happy for us to make decisions and just tell her what to pay, who and when!

I'm tempted to give the foot a go biking if it's not too icy, so may meet you all in hope/castleton after your run if that's ok?  Also means I could offer transport, but prob only for 1 as will put bike in car rather than faff with rack. 

What's wrong with woodbine and blue apple cafe's in hope?  You guys must be super picky!

• Options
    *Cake music tip alert* For Aitch and other's there is a exceptionaly good young lady playing the O2 in Sheffield on 31/03/2010. Called Ellie Goulding. Well worth the price of a ticket. She's a bit like Beth Orthon and expecting her to be the next best thing since sliced bread so worth buying tickets soon.
  • Options
    Cake wrote (see)
    *Cake music tip alert* For Aitch and other's there is a exceptionaly good young lady playing the O2 in Sheffield on 31/03/2010. Called Ellie Goulding. Well worth the price of a ticket. She's a bit like Beth Orthon and expecting her to be the next best thing since sliced bread so worth buying tickets soon.
    Will need to try and have a listen when I can, just had a quick read about her and it said she was a bit folk/electro/indie/acoustic/pop - so I don't really know what that makes her, could be either very good or very bad! image
  • Options
    Very good heard some of her on the radio tickets only £9 something as well. image
  • Options
    Lady P can I come to your graduation please? image Our jess
  • Options

Was just about to post that myself, Cakey !image

Sadly my ceremony's tomorrow, so I won't get to say hello.image

• Options

If Bex knows a good cafe in Hope then I'm up for that!

McStu - The fell shoes were a tad to small - gutted - v tempted to wear them anyway but I have so many niggles as it is that I didn't want to risk any more!

• Options

Meant to say - stunningly beautiful along the valleys today - just me and a gaggle of retired ramblers 'mind your backs chaps!'

Defo thawing now though - hope there's still plenty of snow on the tops on Sunday. Spoke to Debs (Accelerate) today, she and Stuart ran to work in the snow yesterday! Madness! 

• Options

Cake, you've reminded me I haven't been to a gig in ages!  Although I'm not convinced by the suggested artist, but then you might have guessed that from my TakeThat confession!   Biffy Clyro would have been my choice (although I have to confess I was very impressed with Mika live at Latitude!)- but then I don't really like the academy anyway and it's sold out!   I could be tempted by Nerina Pallot and/or Sandi Thom at Plug in April...

It's forecast a balmy 5 degrees on sunday!!

• Options
    BM Becky wrote (see)

Cake, you've reminded me I haven't been to a gig in ages!  Although I'm not convinced by the suggested artist, but then you might have guessed that from my TakeThat confession!   Biffy Clyro would have been my choice (although I have to confess I was very impressed with Mika live at Latitude!)- but then I don't really like the academy anyway and it's sold out!   I could be tempted by Nerina Pallot and/or Sandi Thom at Plug in April...

What?! Biffy's coming to town and I didn't know about it, gutted! I really need to keep a closer eye on what gigs are happening in Sheffield!
  • Options
    It must be me age - I have absolutely no clue who you are all on about. Sheils? Dids?
  • Options
    Stuart H wrote (see)
    What?! Biffy's coming to town and I didn't know about it, gutted! I really need to keep a closer eye on what gigs are happening in Sheffield!

Yeah, I kicked myself too, it's not till April either! 

Mozzy - I thought you were down with the kids?!

• Options
    Just popping in quickly to say hope the op went well Dids and you're resting up!!

Crazy busy day...

Moz will text you tomorrow. So looking forward to tomorrow night!!!

Right, bed, up at 6.30 *yawn*
  • Options
    BM Becky wrote (see)
    Stuart H wrote (see)

Yeah, I kicked myself too, it's not till April either! 

Mozzy - I thought you were down with the kids?!

They are speaking a foreign language to me.

Aitch et al - everything going really well.  I won't go into detail (Stu seems to have a weak constitution), but to all those who know everything that you would look to happen as a good sign after an operation has now happened - so thats a image from Moz, Sheils and Becks and a image from everyone else.  I have no doubt that my running has really contributed to how well I have done so far, though I know theres a long way to go.

Stu/Cake - u should take some of ur CD's tonight so Mozzy can listen to some modern music.

• Options
    PJAZ wrote (see)
    Stu/Cake - u should take some of ur CD's tonight so Mozzy can listen to some modern music.

A CD? What's one of those?! image

Glad to hear you're on the mend Dids. image

Mozzy - can you PM me your address so I know where I'm going tonight? What time were we aiming for, I think 7:30 was mentioned?

• Options

Ay Stu - 7.30 ish would be fab - gives me time to ge the kids sorted. My address is on the email I sent but I'll send it again.

WOOHHOOO Dids! imageimageimage

• Options

Great got it, thanks Mozz, 7:30 it is! image

• Options
    Stuart H wrote (see)
    A CD? What's one of those?! image

U play them at 33rpm on the grammaphone:

http://www.qf4u.co.uk/QualityFurniture4u//All_700/kng014.jpg

The crickets rubbish.

• Options
    Stuart H wrote (see)
    BM Becky wrote (see)

Armatures this is the only good think farsebook is for to get all the gig listings in one place and some off us can get in for free sometimes if they know the promoter's and work with them.image

Cracking idea about CD's Mozzy do you want Dubstep, Dance, Metal, Indi, Blues, R & B (the good sort westwood doesn't play), Northern soul etc....?

Mika? *giggles*

• Options
    Kiss are playing at the Arena in the Spring, I think!?!?!
  • Options
    the egyptian toe wrote (see)
    Kiss are playing at the Arena in the Spring, I think!?!?!

Whoo-hoo (not).

I'm bored.

• Options

And starwars the musical!

Sheila there is a very good chance I'm delivering your post Saturday by the way. It's all hands on deck because of it being to dangerous to transport and deliver some of the days this week with the ice and trucks beying stranded in the snow. If I manager to get that walk please can I have a bacon sandwich and a cup of tea? image

• Options

Ok - so we need to hatch a plan to keep dids entertained whilst he's on the road to recovery.

Curry round at mine tonight Dids?

• Options

Was hoping to watch a good test match but this is realy dire, thats the only reason i am bored.

Would be scared of the effects of your curry on my currently delicate constitution image.