Options

IM France Race Reports

Comments

• Options

Swim...

I ferking hate swimming. Fortunately I met Symes who is also she ite so we entered the water together at the gun, shook hands and battled our way past the sea of flipflops and out to sea. It was like all in wrestling out there, even in the back! I got kicked in the face, swam over pulled, ducked and punched. And that was just by Symes! Sighting was impossible, but as Symes has said the beauty of being rubbish is following everyone else, which is more or less what I did. The second lap I got headbutted by a geezer who sighted the beach then randomly swam away from it and into me. What a plum. Anyhow I got back to the beach at about 1.32 which was amazing, automatically elevates me to master swim god and means I owe Squish a tenner cos she beat me by about 45 seconds. Grrrrr!

Bike...

I had spent some time on Saturday working out where my bike was in transition, only to discover I need not have bothered cos there were only about 6 bikes in there when I got out the changing tent. Cela Vie as they say. Got on with it with a quick wave to Da Pirate massive init, and headed up the road. I soon was at the first steep climb, which felt a lot more than 10% to me? Maybe the heat made it worse, cos it was bloody hot. The writing all over the road was wicked however and I got to the top ok to be met by Kanga who had punctured twice. I decided it was in the pirate spirit to offer assistance so I stopped and spent a stupid amount of time getting a spare tube out to leave Kanga. Stone me a mile on I meet Holly G with a thrown chain. She had however pulled some French dude who was examining her little ring (fnar) so I kept going, took a bite of power bar and yakked up.   Spent the next 20k up the huge climb  taking on fluid and decided mentally to bin it at the top and claim a technical fault and go home, thats what IM does to you, takes you lower than low sometimes. Fortunately I fought the demons off and continued at a decent pace, passing a few pirates enroute and having a few seconds chat here or there. I then got to 120k where the pirate supporters were, cycled past them one legged and got a cramp in the other leg! Derrrr! Anyhow I was into the downhills then,  I hammered them to buggery, Flat out all the way down, it was terrific, I must have passed about 150 riders descending.  Caught Crashie about 5 miles out from T2 and wobbled back in, A quick wave to yet more pirate supporters and in to T2.

• Options
    do hurry up Bassy,  I want to go to bed
  • Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
  • Options
    wind yer neck in krankie
  • Options

Yeah Bassy get a wriggle on son.  I've just been forced to enter Lanza while I've been waiting!!

Lanz you were.

• Options
    Keep going! I'm so enjoying all these reports, can't tell you.
  • Options
    just seen the video of pirates finishing. AMAZING! how mental is that?
  • Options
    Couldn't Run A Bath wrote (see)

Yeah Bassy get a wriggle on son.  I've just been forced to enter Lanza while I've been waiting!!

Lanz you were.

Woohooooo let the training commence, after I eat my fish supper and finish this bottle of wine.
  • Options

Run....(ish)

I was shot! I decided Crash could not be far behind to I would wait for him in T2 and run with him, so I put me feet up and ordered in coffee, Unfortunately he bowled in far too quickly, and for some reason actually appeared to want to go on the run course. I thought this a thoroughly bad idea and advised against it, but he pointed out he had 2 pirate points and therefore was highest ranking officer. Bollocks!

So off we went, we ran to the first aid station then walked , then run nearly to the next aid station and walked through that and a bit further. It seemed to be taking some time so we amused ourselves by practising synchronised arrrggghing to the supporters, and got quite good at it. Then the Hamster pointed out we were actually feeling ok, so we needed someone else to feel ill . Luck was in as we collected Calf, so we knew that at least one of us would feel ill at any given point and we wouldnt have to run at all. NICE!  Before we knew it it was lap four, Crashie developed a strange inclination to jog, but I cunningly discovered my gangly legs could walk at the same speed as his run, so I let him get on with jogging and wandered alongside him like Madonnas bodyguards, but less well paid. I did however manage to jog past the support which was immense, and I did notice my mum had cunningly added herself to Da massive, but not told them! Sweet! Cant honestly remember too much about finishing but it was good. Probably.

After.....

Found mum, who said pirates swear too much but are the most tops supporters in the world, no arguements there.
    Went to bed. Fell into coma

Thanks to all of you , supporters afferletes, everyone. You are all ace.

Im off to me own bed.

Oh and Im the most smiley pirate. So there. And Im off to make tea in me pirate mug! 

• Options
    <getting on the turbo wondering if she can hit the refresh button without sweating all over the laptop>
  • Options

Use a pencil Mel!!

Bassy - top report mate - and definitely the most pirate looking in the photos.  image

• Options
    I shall not smile ever again.

Nice report Bassy   image
  • Options

IMS you can add me to that list with my blessing now ;o)

Personally my current training of choice appears to be German Pilsner, a packet of full size (none of them mini-fckrs) Cheddars and the leftovers of me daughter's b'day cake.  Fuel of Gods.  I bet CM's bricking it if he's reading this on his turbo!

As you were.

• Options

Don't think he's back yet from his weekly club 100 TT in mandatory gay green lycra.

10K run and 30 min swim in this evening - bring on the lava! 

• Options
    IMS top report from you as well!  well done sweetie x
  • Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭

I cycled 2 miles into town today and nearly died

I felt better on the way home though after a few glasses of wine

CRAB on a list - well there's a thing

• Options

Fabulous race reports everybody!  I so wish we could have been there supporting but reading these almost (not) makes up for it!  We won't miss next year.......

Please keep them coming and feed my Pirate race report habit. 

• Options
    my bike is still in the box in the car

along with my fragrant wetsuit,  I dont have the stomach for either
  • Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭

I took my pee sodden bike shoes out of the box today - bleurgh.  They're in the washing machine now, you'll be pleased to hear.

I washed my wetsuit in the shower before I left as I'm not daft

• Options
    M.eldy wrote (see)
    IMS top report from you as well!  well done sweetie x
    Cheers - totally different type of race as the effort throughout was lower, base training for the Lanza show down, it's going to be orsum!
  • Options
    Lanza is tempting, though my "sponsor" willnot stretch to both.
  • Options
    Good reports - with some nice touches there from Bassy - I'm very very much looking forward to Dustboy's sherpa report!
  • Options
    I'm impressed at people training today... I managed a little sewing!
  • Options
    I will do Dustboys....
    Watched swim, got a bit burned, cycled half mile, fell off, got more burned, watched more racing (term applied loosely) got considerably more burned, took off buff, discovered half head white half purple, mucho laughter, went to bed SNORED LIKE A FERKING HERD OF WILDERBEAST..... AGAIN. Woke up with sunstroke.

there you go
  • Options
    lol at Bassy, nice report mate.
  • Options
    Vix - well done.  is sweetie returning to the big woody for an accurately measured race this year?
  • Options
    LOL @ Bassy's report!
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭

heeheeheeeheeee! image

Just generally. At everyone.

¦oD

• Options
    I'm running late again reading all these reports..............but its worth it...... brilliant job all