Options

Strictly Come Dancing

Comments

• Options

Now you mention it Jimo......

Thought the judges were a little harsh on Mark - told him to loosen up and enjoy himself and then slated him when he did!  Shame to lose Don and also felt Heather should have gone although she did seem to make more of an effort in the dance off....

• Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

Had a little tear in my eye when Don went, Lilia seemed really sad to leave, unlike last year with that little git she had then!

Don;t know if I have posted this before but Cheri leaves me cold, it not sure why image Maybe a one trick pony? All her dances have been slow gentle routines, want to see her do a quick latin. What's to bet she gets the VW next week so she can glide around the floor again.

I have really warmed to Jodie and it seems the GBP have too, she really does seem a lovely person (came across very well in here Who do you think you are too)

Tom's dance was good but he really is cheesy though ...

I'm with you Floosie re Mark, I said earlier he does nothing for me, glad to see he is opening up though and even though he is a crap dancer I would like to see Andrew go before him. Did Andrew get injured with Ola's sequins in his 'lift'? He looked a bit battered afterwards!?
  • Options
    There's lots of stuff in the news about whether Brucie's past it or not. I don't think he is necessarily but he definitely needs a new scriptwriter for those jokes!
  • Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Just spotted this on another forum. Excellent post, thought you might like to see it too ...

TS

Musings on a Saturday evening

Want to remove this ad? Please sign in or register.

Warm up with the music, toast missfliss (a Saturday ritual, now), endure Brucie's introductions (Will he get the names right? Don't make jokes about salaries, please) and we're up and running...

First up, Rachel and Vincent. What is it about Rachel? She's small, sexy and pretty; ticks all the right boxes, dances a treat and yet...there's nothing there, nothing beneath the surface. It's like there was a Rachel-shaped hole in the universe and someone filled it with plastic. Sometimes her mouth moves and noise comes out; no idea what it says.

They slink through a samba, good traditional music, nice wiggly ending, pick up 30 points and they're gone, into the mist...

Lisa and Brendan next. Coming into some form is our Lisa and poured into a classy dress with a classy song, they rediscover Hollywood. I loosen my collar as they ooze to a cool 35. Come on girl.

Heather and Brian arrive, looking the part but unfortunately not dancing it. A startled rabbit, H looks beautiful in repose but blunders around the floor with a samba thud. Someone mentions the word 'bounce' but it's conspicuous by its absence. 23 points should keep them out of trouble, though.

Breath is bated in expectation as Cherie leads James onto the floor. No prizes for guessing who wears the trousers, here. Unfortunately it's James because Cherie looks like an extra from a bar scene in Calamity Jane. Sabotaged by her dresser, she is further undone by the musical arrangement of an inappropriate song. It's distracting enough to cover the fact that James has actually forgotten to prepare a dance and, 90 seconds later, they are standing in front of the jury without having done any actual dancing. It's a cunning ploy that nets them an astonishing 34 points, at least 27 of which came from a pre-conceived notion of their abilities.

Mark and Hayley join us and attempt to spice up our lives. They don't. For the first time I warm to Hayley, with her cute ringlets and her boobs working overtime she has worked with Mark's best assets and plays to his strength. His pecs take on a life of their own but they're not enough to save us from this slow-motion car crash of a samba. 17 points and, surely, the Dance of Doom awaits.

Don and Lilia play an assured hand with a confident American Smooth but are criminally undermarked and left in the danger zone with a mere 25. I turn to Mrs JFW: "Don't you think that was worth more than 25?", "Yep." It's a hard life.

Another scoreboard tragedy as Austin and Erin jiggle their way to a forgettable 32 points. Not bad for a man who only dances from the waist down.

If you thought that was bad, Andrew and Ola arrive to lighten the mood. "No-one is more disappointed than you." says Len. You want a bet? Mrs JFW will vouch for the fact that I'm feeling a little let down here - I have to pay to watch this rubbish. It's a lifeline for Mark and Hayley, but a death sentence to all dance lovers. 17 points is 16 more than they deserved - the 1 point was for the excitement of nearly slam-dunking Ola.

• Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    part 2

Things take a turn for the better with the arrival of Christine and Matthew. A good samba song and the best bounce of the night but, once again, credibility is stretched beyond its elastic limit with a paltry 30 points. 2 points fewer than the clockwork Austin? If I knew how to flounce I'd be doing it now.

What can you say about Jodie and Ian? Well, they can dance, for starters. Confounding the critics and the shortarses, Jodie manages to pull off a smooth Smooth and, again, warranted more than the pre-formed ideas of the judges would allow. 30 points.

The main event - John and Kristina. She 'gets' him and she understands her role and she performs it brilliantly. No amount of soft soap, however, can detract from what has become 'elephant man' tv. Please turn it off, please make it stop. The crowd does its best, Craig gives an honest appraisal and a generous 2 points, the others lose themselves in whimsy and add 14 more. He's married to Kate Garraway, you know, and Fiona Phillips is his brother-in-law.

The evening draws to a close with Tom and Camilla. To be fair, it's a cracking dance - it hits just the right note, conjours up all the right feelings and atmosphere and is beautifully executed. He looks very pleased with himself, as indeed would I if I could do that. You can't argue with 35 points there.

Did you enjoy that dear? Would you like another cup of tea? I wonder who'll be in the dance-off.
  • Options

LOL Top Sec - that was spot on!

• Options

Just caught up with all this after spending the weekend in Leicester.  Good round up Top Sec!

I thought Heather was awful in the dance-off, missed her steps and all sorts. And what did she do to her hair???  Don't think Don deserved to go and yes, I thought it was nice how he was lifted up at the end. I don't really like Cherie either  at the moment - I thought her dance was really boring this week.  John can't dance but at least he's entertaining to watch.   Jodie seems to be going through a transformation though.  As for Mark's vest - I could hardly watch for cringing.  

Andrew to go asap for me -he's rubbish!   image

Oh well - nearly Claudia time- bye all. image

• Options
    What on earth is Katherine Jenkins wearing? 
  • Options

Hmmm - interesting to hear Darcey Bussell saying that Cherie looks as if she's danced all her life.  If anyone should know she should!  Wonder if she realises she's added to the can of worms with that comment

• Options

Pamela Anderson's cast offs.

In fact I thought it was her at first.

• Options

Where is everyone?image

Firstly, last w/end i thought Katherine Jenkins looked fantastic & Darcey Bussel too, as for Aleesha,well she's just ALEEEEEEEEESHAimageimage.

Shame Don went out, but the studmuffin John Sergeant keeps on dancing,like to see him stay in for a few more weeks for his amusing entertainment value,not to win,that would be a tad unfair on rest who have perfected their dance skills.

Who do i think will win? not a clue,several strong contenders & maybe the odd dark horse yet to really get dancing feet in step.

Have to set the dvd recorder this w/end in case i miss it all, as down in Portsmouth for Gt.South Run on sunday morning. Live on Channel 5, 1082 is my number starting off in Orange wave.

KEEP DANCING image

• Options

Been out of the loop a bit this week with Strictly so don't have much of an idea of how everyone's training is going.

But based on recent performances I think Mark, Andrew, John and Heather are going to struggle. I'm predicting Mark and Heather for the dance-off with Mark to go. I'd like to see him do well in the Paso before he goes so I can erase the awful memory of his "samba" and please God, no more fishnet tops!!! image

Good luck with the Great South Run, B.B.Dog image

• Options

I've just caught up with last Sat and Sun shows and am working my way through ITT now!  

I thought Cherie was as boring as hell - definitely had votes well over the top.  Rachel was better than they said and I also thought Austin was good.  Mark Foster looked good until he passed by the judges, shimmering, and  Bruno practically laughed in his face - he seemed to lose his confidence then (no wonder!) and went to pot.   Shame. 

I loved John and Kristine - what a brilliant routine, I thought.   Suited him so well - I expected the judges to acknowledge that. 

I wasn't that wowed with Tom - he looked really smug again when he was dancing. I realise it's just his face and not his attitude but I didn't like it. 

And poor old Andrew.  He looked so upset - hope Ola gets someone decent next year.  Please vote him out now - he's suffered enough.

• Options

I think Cherie must be a bit like Marmite as I've loved all her dances but loads of other people don't. It will be interesting seeing her have a go at a quick Latin though as I think this will be her weakness. I suppose you can get away with a not v. speedy Paso?

I agree with you Spark1it about John&Kristina, she chose a routine she knew he could do even though it wasn't really a samba. I think that's a much better approach rather than forcing someone to do something they are going to obviously mess up on the night, e.g Gary&Karen

• Options

Cherie's acting will get her through the Paso, I think. Interesting that she hasn't had anything speedy yet...

Has John got the Waltz?

• Options

John has the paso as well.    

Cherie has had it EASY so far.  She'll find the paso a walk in the park because of her acting ability.  I'd like to see her do a jive or a samba. I reckon she'll be pants!!!

• Options

Cheers Little Nemo image

I too like what Cherie has done so far, but will be interesting to see how she copes with faster dances, its interesting to read peoples opinions on the celebs, Johns charm & humour seem to endear him to the older & younger viewer, whereas Cherie comes across as cold to many of you.

Mark or Andrew to be on with Claudia monday i think.

• Options

I think that Andrew will do a great performance of his V waltz and will go home, as that's what seems to happen - slated celebs do their best dance but go home. 

Hope Cherie really mucks up her paso.  image

• Options

Had a Strictly orgy today! image  Not watched Claudia all week so caught up with 4 episodes this morning ready for tonight's show.  So what's the verdict? 

Cherie did mess up (perhaps theres a forum curse).image 

Mark really should be put out of his misery now - surely he can't avoid the dance-off again.

Andrew improved massive so good for him.

I loved Lisa's passo and Austins Vienese.  Tom was a bit smarmy again I thought. 

Felt sorry for Chrisine though.  She always gets harsh comments from the judges but I don't think she's that bad at all.  I quite like her.

• Options

Yes, Cherie was not brilliant image!!!!!

I thought all the pasos except for Lisa were a bit naff.  All the women seemed to really wooden - I think it's a bit early in the game to do all that drama.   I thought Rachel was really good - not sure why they gave her bad reviews.  Especially when they gave Cherie a bad review but then still gave a good score?!?!   She's really starting to get up my nose ........

All in all, not a good show, I felt. In face, I deleted off my sky+ as soon as I watched it which I never do usually. 

Mark to go home.

• Options

Cherie's performance did not merit the marks given.  Andrew was the most noticable improvement.

Andrew v Mark - no contest as to who the judges will pick.

• Options
    Having said that, that was Mark's best performance yet (imo)
  • Options
    The right result. image   Not sure how much longer John can keep getting the votes now.  He is charming but its starting to get a bit predictable.  
  • Options

Yes - the right result although I shall miss Mark's smile (and I do mean that and not his pecs!)

Glad that neither Christine or Jodie had to dance off as they didn't seem to deserve it although I hadn't seen Christine's dance until tonight she did seem pretty undermarked

• Options

definitely the right result - I'm afraid, as much as I liked Mark, he really was pretty bad - he had to go.

I only saw bits of both programs so I'm not sure who did well this week, I've got them recorded though - hoorah!

• Options

It's about now that most of the not so good dancers do start to get voted off, after a few weeks of people feeling sorry for them!!  I predict Andrew and John to go over the next couple of weeks so we can get on with the "serious" competition!!!

Did anybody else cringe when Mark ripped off his top?!?!   (after a jolly good look, obviously!)image

• Options
    Nope - no cringing here  image  I think he did it really quite tongue in cheek anyway as he knows everyone has been going on about his body....and lets face it, it's been on show for the best part of 20 years in swimming so I don't suppose he's particularly shy about it
  • Options

I agree with you Podds, I think it was tongue in cheek. And I think Hayley egged him on too.

Shame to see him go, as it was his best performance to date but it was the right result. At least we won't have Tess fawning all over him from now on.

Podds - saw a beautiful fawn greyhound while I was doing the Beachy Head mara at the weekend. She wasn't doing the whole thing, just out for a gentle stroll. she was off the lead too, which is something I'd never risk with my chase-anything-that-moves boy!

• Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    I agree with Spark1, it was an odd show and I won't watch it again. I thought Lisa and Brendan were undermarked, Cherie overmarked.

I was really pleased Heather had a good week but it will be her and Andrew to go next I think, John could stay in a while yet as he appears to have massive public support, it will start to grate though if the better people start getting voted out instead.

Len is getting on my nerves this year (overkill in ITT too)

What about Brian and Kristina's mambo - fast or what!!?

It made me smile when Mark took his shirt off, may as well play up to it, that's what the beeb have been doing! First bit of real emotion we seem to have seen from Hayley? Do you think she will be back next year?