Options

Strictly Come Dancing

Comments

• Options
    My fave couple I think of all time was Mark and Karen, their Argentine Tango has to be one of the best dances ever in my book. I loved Colin & Erin too, but didn't mind when Darren won.

I just saw the preview too and think the 2 couples; Erin/Austin and Vincent/Rachel are pretty much the 2 finalists imho. Both of them looked good, Austin's waltz training looked spot on and he came across really well personality wise.

Craig is such a hoot! Needs his hair cutting in his neckline though - I couldn't stop looking at it - don't know why!

The one I couldn't get jiggy with is Darren B, doesn't do it for me. Any of the others would be fine though image
  • Options

My name is Floosie and I am a Strictly addict image

Though not as addicted as some on here!image

My favourite couple of all time is definately Colin & Erin. They were just so graceful.

With the professionals, I adore Anton. He's such a charmer.

• Options
    TopSec, thank you! I was trying to figure out why Erin looked so different, apart from the hair. That's one less thing to bug me image
  • Options

Hi Strictlies

I just had to come and say hello hello to fellow addicts.

Floosie Sue - I am in complete agreement with you, Colin was my all time fave and I love Anton, he's so jolly! My hubby's all time fave was Natasha Kaplinsky - he drools over her!

I suspect Erin has had a bit of other work done too, she looks very different!

I'm really excited to see how Mark gets on - I really like him. I'm worried about Andrew Castle though, I've got  a bad feeling he'll follow in the GMTV presenters footprints.

My problem is that I may miss a few programmes, as my youngest swims galas, and some Saturday evenings are spent poolside with a stop watch - does anyone know if there will be repeats? They used to do a repeat on a Sunday, but that stopped when they introduced the results on a Sunday

oh dear! I think I'm addicted image

• Options

I don't think there are repeats any more, do you have access to i-player on the BBC website?

I'm videoing everything in case any inconsiderate people ring me on Saturday evenings.

I'm so addicted I've even changed my forum name image

1 day to go!!! imageimageimage

• Options

Jenni-far-far, you could always watch on the iplayer on the bbc website. SCD is bound to be on there (usually the day after broadcast).

I missed the preview this morning.!  Damn!  Wonder if that's on iplayer ......?

I would love to dance with any of the professionals - even the awful ones (yes James, I'm talking about you!) have a certain something when they are dancing.  anton would be a dream to practise with, Darren bennett is fab too - very gentle - and Ian Waite is just fabulous to look at - all those faces he pulls!!

Who would you all like to see as future celebrities?  I thought of a great one the other day but now I can't remember who!!!!   Marian Keyes would be great as she loves it so much.  Peter Kay would be hilarious.  Robbie Williams ........ he'd be great too.

• Options
    Justin Lee Collins - think it was him I thought would be good.
  • Options
    Marian Keyes was hilarious in ITT when she did the backstage stuff and was comparing herself to Lilia!! image

They will all be on i-player. You can also watch a lot of the old stuff on you tube, just google the names and they will come up.

Also I forgot, Jill Halfpenny was good and her jive was deserving of the one of the best dances ever.
  • Options

TopSec - yes Jill was brilliant.  I still see her in my mind's eye whenever I hear "I'm still standing".

Got to be honest, Little Nemo, I don't know who Ray Mears is!  I've just googled him and I'm none the wiser!!

I think Fern Britton would be great as well.

• Options

Oh good grief - Bruno's pissed?

Don or Phil to go IMHO - viewers will feel sorry for Gary cos Craig was nasty to him

• Options

got that right

Don to go?

• Options

Glad Don didn't go - think he has more to show.   Phil a bit boring?

Oh my, the girls?!   Terrible dancing from some of them (poor anton, again!). 

And can't let a post go by without mentioning Ola's outfit ............   She looked fantastic but is it really a cha-cha-cha outfit?   I think it was a ploy to distract from Andrew's dancing cos I gave him a 6 but when he did that group dance, he was bloody awful!!!!

I look forward to seeing her rhumba dress ......

• Options

Firstly,great to see the luvly bubbly Aleesha struttin her stuff again, mmmmmmmmmimage.

So glad the super John Sergeant got through as he really looked to be enjoying his dance,not too sure how he'd cope with a quicker dance though,time will tell.

The worst bit for me about Phil going is it means the gorgeous Flavia goes tooimage, still at least the luvly Liliaimage will still be there for another week or 2, can't see Don going any further than that.

For me i thought Austin & Tom were very good for week 1.

Now bring on the girlsimage.

• Options

Quite surprised to see Phil go rather than Don last night, Don seemed heavy footed and out of synch.  Still - at least it means Lilia's still in image

Can we have Aleesha back every week please?

• Options
    spark1it wrote (see)

And can't let a post go by without mentioning Ola's outfit ............   She looked fantastic but is it really a cha-cha-cha outfit?  

I thought she was auditioning for the next Batman movie!image I also thought it made her look slightly fat, which is crazy because she's anything BUT fat!

Goodness knows how us mere mortals might have looked in it.....image

• Options

Not quite what I expected. John Sargeant wasn't as bad as I thought he would be and unlike a few of the others seemed to enjoy himself. Thought Phil was a bit not bothered about it and didn't really have any chemistry with Flavia so maybe he was the right one to go. Can't see Don lasting much longer although he was nowhere near as bad as Gary Rhodes - truly awful!

BBDog, I agree about Austin and Tom - v. good for week 1.

But most importantly of all, Mark Foster is still in! He may be a bit gangly and awkward and Craig obviously hates him but a least we'll get to see him one more time image

• Options

Shame that Phil has gone but my main comment from the weekend's viewing is:

Poor, poor Anton. He should dump Gillian and dance with me instead. I'm no Alicia Dixon but I've got to be better than Gillian!

• Options
    craig thinks SCD is all about him. i know some of the celeb dancers aren't natural but giving  someone 1 point on their first dance? come on!
  • Options
    Do you think he does it on purpose? Y'know, be mean to the ones he wants to keep in because he knows that will make the public vote for them?
  • Options
    no floosie, i think he likes being nasty cos that's the way he is. compare him with bruno who manages to make it funny most of the time so we know he's not taking it seriously
  • Options

I think he fancies himself as the gay Simon Cowell.....

But with lower trousers and less money.image

• Options
    Hello Strictlies!!

We were on the boat at the weekend (last chance in nice weather I think!) so the TV picture kept going in and out image Main points for me were: Austin - fabulous as I thought. Tom had potential. John's was sweet. Phil looked like he had a rod up his ass and very uncomfortable, he was the one to go imho. Where the hell Craig got that 1 from I have no idea, it wasn't a great routine but even so!

Didn't really get to see the girls so haven't much idea as yet.

Bruno was like Tigger bouncing about!!

I am so so happy it is back!! image

• Options

It's my nature to try and think the best of people, so I had to look for a redeeming feature. You're right though, I don't think there is one!

So who do we think Arlene is going to be lusting after this year?

• Options

oh come on peeps, there has to be one nice judge (Len) and one nasty one (Craig), one funny one (Bruno) and Arlene to lust after the male dancers. It's all part of the program.

• Options

Quite right Ultra,

I personally like Craigs comments,he says it as it is in his opinion, but did think a mark of 1 was rather harshimage

• Options

It is all part of the soap opera that is SCD. And I especially like it when they all have a row.

• Options
    Just watch for Tess's really forced "teeth bearing grin" at the beginning of the show. She was simpering and grimacing so much I had to rewind it for another laugh!
  • Options
    LIVERBIRD wrote (see)
    spark1it wrote (see)

And can't let a post go by without mentioning Ola's outfit ............   She looked fantastic but is it really a cha-cha-cha outfit?  

I thought she was auditioning for the next Batman movie!image I also thought it made her look slightly fat, which is crazy because she's anything BUT fat!

Goodness knows how us mere mortals might have looked in it.....image

I don't think she looked fat in it - just not very well cut on her bum so it looked rather large - but I don't think there's anything wrong with a big bum, personally (ahem!).  Otherwise, I thought she looked rather stunning.  One of the US dancers wore something similar but up to the neck in a samba routine and looked sensational - perhaps she was aiming for that too!

The ladies at my SCD party were scandalised by it - thought it was not appropriate for early evening viewing (spot the mothers!!!!)