Options

GULP just entered my first half marathon

Comments

• Options
    Saltpot wrote (see)
    imageimageimage
    Big smiles! Have you been drinking wine or eating 'special' brownies?
  • Options

Witty as well as Fussy.  Hope you get your new name on your shirt for Sunday!

• Options

classic thats really funny- maybe you should post some of our lovely recipes over on the tough guy thread that'll get some of your credibitlity back image

• Options
    Please keep the name - I love it!
  • Options

oh and the trainers i'm lusting over (my facebook keeps crashing so can't reply on thereimage) are the Nike Lunar Glide mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm they're lovely!!!

They're orange and grey orange is my favourite colour- might have to pop along to sweat shop and have a go on their treadmill in them- apparently they are like slippers.......  Definitely thinking about them as I will be in the market for new ones soon.....

• Options
    Slippers? Will you run smoking a pipe too?
  • Options
    yes and i will be handing out werthers original at 4 parks and pushing a tartan shopping trolley
  • Options
    You're just jealous of our multi-taking skills!
  • Options
    Vik - I like them too - they very pretty - but have read mixed reviews...
  • Options
    VikW wrote (see)
    yes and i will be handing out werthers original at 4 parks and pushing a tartan shopping trolley

Now THERE's a picture! Is that going to be your fancy dress outfit then? image

I'm off to read Fly Fishing by J.R. Hartley...
    (probably before your time Vik!)

• Options

I could tell you a story about that book/advert Edster, but it can wait until our next run.

Slightly worried that SP and Vik are almost on topic- did someone mention running?

Off to read a bit more of my HR monitoring book; I'm worried now JT says she's getting it that she may expect intellectual review and discussion of content and I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet.image

Bon soir fellow Gulpersimage

• Options
    no i used to have a saturday job in a bookshop and that was a standing joke- it was funny for err the first 50times image
  • Options

FL - you can't tease us with a story and then go off and read a running book!!

I've bought tickets to see P!nk in Manchester in October. Should be good. image

(will Julia go mad that we've hijacked her thread with lots of non-running talk? *hides behind Nails SP*)

• Options
    oh my god i've just watched that tough guy programme- don't know whether to applaud you for your courage or your insanity.......  you must be mad!  Does look like fun though but doubt I could cope with the cold though
  • Options

Morning guys.. image

Okay am hysterical at Edster changing his name to Fussy Wimp.. Foxy and SP.. well... shame on you... lol.. image

Did 7 mile tempo run last night (8:53.. yay image), albeit with 1 mile warm up and warm down.. but who am I to disagree with RW training Plan.. and not only that couldnt do the FULL 7 mile at tempo... OMG.. at the moment would need to lend someone elses legs for that!!! Feeling optomistic re Half now, really helped coming on here and reading all your posts... thanx image. Have bike session tonight, apparently cycling helps my running but running does nothing for my cycling.. which at the mo is bit rubbish cos doing 90% more running!!

The school hols are still killing me..... children you gotta love em.. else.... image baking choc chip muffins with kids this morning, nothing low fat about these..... Mmmm.... trouble is one is never enough!! hehe

P.s. The book Im reading is: Training Plans for Multisport Athletes 2nd Edition by Gale Bernhardt (Fab book)... hmm.. trouble is partner now has visions of not only me doing Windermere Marathon next year, but of doing an Half Ironman too... hahahahahahahaha...image.. you can see the pattern in my house cant you... oh yeah forgot .. better add that Partner used to be PTI in the Army and then had his own Personal Training Business when came out.. not helping my cause for an easier life is it.... image.....

• Options

My god how loopy were those people on the wolverhampton tough guy run??image

Saying that though it didnt put me off!! oh no!! 

• Options

Aha- I see he's keeping the new name!

Managed a very short plod this morning. Slow and stitchy, bodes well for Sunday!

The story's not that exciting, believe me, it'll wait. image

• Options
    Vik - you wouldn't have to deal with the cold if you did it in July like me! image
  • Options

STOP! THIS INSTANT. ALL THIS NON-RUNNING TALK MUST STOP. THIS SITE IS CALLED RUNNERS WORLD NOT CAKE MAKING MONTHLY i am ashamed of you all.

image crikey. scared mself there. no running for me today, rest day. ok change of subject, that's the running out of the way.

Hi everyone, lots to catchup on again i see. You lot don't half talk image

Sorry to hear about all the illnesses Rom, fingers crossed that you don't catch anything. Here's a piece of chilli chocolate for you, afraid we're all out of cake in this house.

Fairy when is the marathon? and you have no escape then if mr Fairy has spent his life making people fit!

Saltpot I 'm sure Edster did not have you in mind when talking about his predicament......or did he <<<<<de da de cue dramatic music>>>>>

Foxy, you need to be careful. Baking Brownies did you say?? What about a cub scout or 2? image The book is on oreder, so yes i'm expecting great things and intellectualness from you image hmmm that reminds me, i never did get back to ed on his Max HR training did i image ED. try running for 60 sec burst and get your HR up to 180. (you said max was 195 i believe?) . Then recover for 2 mins. Then do it again. and again. until you can't do it any more. Knee permitting of course. And not this week in view of your toughgay race. oops slip og the finger. toughguy of course. Glad you're running again Foxy image

Fussy wimp wine at the picnic sounds good . hic .

Lemon and poppy seed muffins from starbucks.........yum yum dipped in the cream from THLs frappa moccha chocca strawberry shake thing.

here hang on a minute. Fussy wimp has a picture of Edster. What's going on. Have i missed something momentous? or a whole page or something????

Vikki good luck avoiding the germs. image

Blast, too late to wish you a happy holiday Susiebe, you are so quick now! Fantastic!

• Options

*whispers*

Everyone else change their names too so we can confuse Julia totally! image

• Options

Well if  you survive Fussy Wimp/ Edster (delete as appropriate) image I might think of doing it next year but not in the snow but it does look a laugh!!  I've got that coast to coast run thats on itv4 tonight on sky+ so I'll  have something to watch tomorrow before work!

Convinced myself this morning that I had piglet flu but I think its just hayfever 'cos the councils cut all the grass round near us!  Either that or the cold thats going round work- so no running for me today image

Had to buy new glasses so bought those reactions lenses because I thought I could start running in my glasses so not in my contacts all the time but its the weirdset sensation of everything getting darker- ho hum sure I'll get use to them!

• Options

Hang on just a ding dong dang diddly minute. Edster? Is that you? OH it IS you. ......................................

WAIT, do we have another newbie? Toffee Fudge. image WAIT that picture looks oddly familiar, Is this a smoke screen? Something thicker is required. I mean even I saw through that.

lol Vikki, piglet flu eh! But it probably isn't very lol to you. sorry. Do you find your eyes sting in contact lenses with the sweat going in your eyes?

• Options

There's no flies on you JT!!!!

Having a little slurp of something bubbly to celebrate getting out for a run this morningimage!

• Options
    Julia T wrote (see)

Saltpot I 'm sure Edster did not have you in mind when talking about his predicament......or did he <<<<<de da de cue dramatic music>>>>>

Well, I wasn't but there's a thought! image
    Julia T wrote (see)
    And not this week in view of your toughgay race. oops slip og the finger. toughguy of course.
    Me? Gay?! How rude!! I guess the only way to prove that I'm not gay would be for a lady to come forward and back me up but the likelihood of that happening...

Well done on the run Toffee.

Hope the piglet flu clears up soon Vik.

Fairy - HIM? You really ARE a nutter!!
  • Options

Evening FW.

On the basis that Toffee Fudge is the current shade of my toenails, I may have to change my name on a weekly basis from now on.

Problem anyone?

Apart from when they all fall off again, of course!!image

Surely you have HLHenry as evidence????!

• Options

Wow it's busy on here!

Loving the name changs, I'm sure Ed's will earn him lots of new friendsimage

V grumpy as had to cancel tonights run cos of childcare probsimage. Might have to go early tomorrowimage

• Options

I've just entered the Cardiff Half in Oct, it'll be my first too. I normally run twice a week, approx 7miles at a time but have upped it to three times a week  and am using the RW 12wk 'Improvers Schedule'  starting Sun. (think it suits me better than the beginners schedule) I've only ran a few 10k runs in the past and just the one this year, so like you the thought of running twice as far seems daunting! Not had anything to focus on with my running recently so this has really got me motivated, hope it continues!

Good luck with your training & stay positive!

Richie.  

• Options

Good grief! Lose your internet connection for a short while, and thread goes crazy!!!

I was wondering about all the 'new' people, until I spotted who they were!!! Loving 'Fussy Wimp' posting on the Tough Guy forum image

• Options

Good morning all and welcome Richie.

Got a long days training ahead of me today. Two days crammed into one as yesterday was cancelled. That'll mean a nice late finish and make the 3 hour journey back home even longer. image
    Hopefully going to try a very steady short plod later to test my knee out. That'll help with my decision on whether to be a Toughguy or Toughgay on Sunday!