What: am 8M steady
What: pm 4M easy
Last hard: Fri
Last rest: Thur

Comments

• Options
    A bit gloomy down here too!!

What- 4km plod with my son again today.
    Why - Son woke me up and anoounced that he wanted to go.
    Last Run:Saturday
    Next Run: Wednesday 3k race.

Feeling chuffed that I ran for 40 minutes.
  • Options
    well done already
    im treating myself to the gym
    maybe some inclines in honour of the potteries!
  • Options
    SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
    Bravo TABG.

Nothing again. Still feeling a little rough, and I have three days at the bench again starting today, and a violin to finish.

Have fun all.
  • Options
    Wow PB!!! 5:20?!!!
    I must admit though, I'm loving the early morning outside runs. I'm getting addicted to it.
  • Options
    I did loads of early morning running last year
    makes you feel great for the rest of the day
  • Options
    Brilliant PB! It must put a different slant on running.

Tim - what pace is steady and what pace is easy?

What: 8 this am including 6 @ marathon pace
    pm - 4 slow.

Why: cannot go on much longer on this starvation running rations with tapering then recovery.
  • Options
    Yuck! Horrible day here today, although I think it's forecast to get better later.

What: Walking in the Malverns.
    Why: Trailwalker training, and I've got a day off work so I CAN.
    Last hard day: Friday.
    Last rest day: Saturday. And Sunday. For the first time since FLM, I was quite sore yesterday.

I'm taking my husband and daughter, but expect to plod on ahead and leave them to potter.
  • Options
    Mornings - grrrr!

Hi all.

What: Fred Wright 10K.
    Why: The challenge of finding out any information whatsoever about it. The race itself may seem tame after that.
    Hard: Long, long ago.
    Rest: The last couple. What with Friday's truncated nightmare, I'm nothing if not rested.

Have fun.
  • Options
    popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭
    what - run to track, 4*1600s with 800 jog recovery - got to go laptop battery on way out.
  • Options
    At work again... - so it will be another late one for me!!!

What: Will try five or six (legs still don't feel that good and its three days on the trot for me - don't usually do that...)

Why: Can't face much more and knees still feel funny post London (really want to go swimmign training - but have to wait til Thursday).

Last hard: FLM
    Last long: FLM

Anyone racing today? - apart from the wind i can imagine its lovely out there for training and racing.

Well done FATG - we'll get out during the week - and re: your mail - no need to concern yourself - will be nice to run with someone - for however long, at whatever pace... Good to hear your son is up for it - great motivation for you too!!!!
  • Options
    Morning All,

nowt for me, after yesterdays longer than planned excursion I'll be having a mini-taper prior to Wednesdays race.

Have a good 'un.
  • Options
    Morning - horrible day here too. I was going to do more gardening but it'll have to wait. Might go to gym later - depends upon sore throat and didn't sleep too well. Decisions decisions....

later gators
  • Options
    Barnsley,

Steady - is about 6:45 - 7min, so I can still talk or count!
    Easy - my easy run's are normally at 6am so easy is what my legs will allow. I don't worry about pace.
    The reason I swapped them about today is because I'm out to lunch at my parents house. My easy 4M will be either before or after watching Boston on TV this afternoon.

Just eating my 2nd breackfast of the day, after my 8M.
    Yummy!
  • Options
    Boston is on at 5:30pm on Eurosport for two hrs.
    It's getting sunning here cath
  • Options
    morning all

bit gloomy here - what's that wet stuff on the ground?

Good luck Swerve
    Popsider - isn't that the sesh you tried just a couple of days ago?
    FTABG - well done! Helps to have a son to prod you into action. Wish mine did the same for me sometimes.

what: not sure. Thinking about something shortish & brisk, assuming legs are less stiff

why: I'm due something a bit more intense & demands of Easter Monday make it unlikely I'll get to the track at Bebington

last hard day: 7 days ago
    last long(ish) day: Sun
    last rest day: what's rest?
  • Options
    Tim -- hopefully if it brightens up here the garden will get done :) Made a decent start yesterday - it was a mess because hadn't had chance to tidy it up before the winter. Loads of weeding to do - my least favourite job :)
  • Options
    BN and Mike, what's amazing is, son is only 8!!! He's become interested in athletics since seeing me plod 3 times a week, joined an athletics club at school and has become rather addicted to running. I'm a bit embarrased to admit he does a lot better than I do. Apparently, mothers seem to have a great effect in children's healthy lifestyles.
  • Options
    Fitter TABG = "A bit gloomy here in Kent" - having spent my adolesent years in that county, that sums up how I mooched through my years there!!!!! :)

Oooh, shouldn't knock it though, I will be running on the fair streets of Kent this, er, Friday during a long weekend visit to the parents. Anyone know of any races in Kent this weekend?

What: 7-8 miles at marathon pace
    Why: Looks like the easiest thing on marathon schedule this week and not feeling 100%.
    Last hard: Saturday
    Last rest: Can't remember

Have a great day everyone - bit gloomy here as well with a big cloud duvet covering the mountains. Warm though.

allt his talk of gardening makes me wish I had a garden and not just a balcony. All I can plant is tomato plants and herbs!
  • Options
    Back from morning run - time was limited so we did a mile warm up then 3 x 1 mile @ a bit quicker than marathon pace (6.00 to 6.12) with 50 secs recovery then blasted last mile in 5.20.

I then thought that that's slower than Paula's slowest marathon mile.

Mile warm down then plenty of stretches.

Tim, those easy runs are nice aren't they?
  • Options
    What. A walk around Grassington
    Why besause walking is what I miss most about running.
    Last hard. yesterday (race)
    Last rest. Friday.
  • Options
    PB, 5:20 on Easter Monday is seriously early. Good stuff !! I like the early ones too ... lots of Bambi's around at that time, and other wildlife like Milkmen/ladies.

Today though, was a civilised 10am.

What: 8.4 miles @ 7 min/mile pace.
    Why: Marathon pace check for Sunday, will call this max pace on the day I think and aim to go a little slower. Felt great and relaxed.
    Last hard: Saturday (speedwork finding Easter eggs with the club ... choccie revealed a number of closet sprinters !)
    Last rest: yesterday

• Options
    Feeling virtuous after sitting in the study dictating 3 overdue reports all morning. As I've sat here the weather has brightened up too, so this afternoon I'll treat myself to an easy 5-miler.

Why? Legs still a bit sore after my fellrunning debut, but need to keep the mileage ticking over in case my entry is accepted for Chester halfmarathon.
    Last hard: Saturday
    Last rest: Thursday

• Options
    Morning,

What's this wet stuff falling from the sky?

Well done PB on getting out at 5.30 on a bank holiday as well.Early ams are great for running but you really need to get into the habit of it.

Fitter TGLB, that's fab that your son's so motivated! A bonus for you and him.

What: 5 miles easy.
    Why: not putting my watch back on until the weekend so as not to confuse training with recovery.

Thanks for info re cricket nets Mike. Still agonising about the national relays. As for running back I think 120 miles might be pushing it.

• Options
    morning all -

against all expectation, it's been bright and beautiful down here in "the smoke" this morning. great running weather.

well done, PB - serious dedication.

did a leisurely but painful 8M, still trying to recover from FLM - are marathons really worth it??!!!

enjoy the rest of the holiday, folks.
  • Options
    Afternoon All!!

What: Just got back from 7 * 7 Minute Miles
    Why: Started new schedule today for 10K in may

Last hard: FLM
    Last Long: FLM
    Last rest: Yesterday
  • Options
    Barnsley

- re 5:20 mile - I had much the same thought while doing my last track session. The only time I ran faster than Paula was on the first of my 10 200s......
  • Options
    popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭
    MikeS - yes same session - wasn't happy with previous effort - managed to keep it to 6 minute intervals this time which is what I wanted to do last time.
  • Options
    Popsider,

I've got a very similar session to yours which I do on the road (measured) - with similar objectives to you (6 minute miling or I feel well p*ssed off).

Pleased you managed to do it this time - well done.

Think my next go at that session will be Friday.