Options

Easter Monday

Comments

• Options
    G'day all

Had to cut todays MTB ride in half due to very thick fog up on the moors - Will try to get a long ride in before end of week

More likely to be a combination of my mood and the fog that caused me to cut short, but...

What : 40k MTB (instead of 80k)
    Why : My cycling fitness needs work

Last Hard Run : Sunday
    Last Rest Day : Saturday

• Options
    Well, I'm back from the acceleration session, and I like it!

I kept it simple - rather than timing the miles (8:00, 7:30 etc) I just whacked the tready speed up by 1kph for two minutes on each speed. 12, 13, 14, 15, 16.

I then decided to be tough on myself and come down in reverse - a sort of pyramid session.

I was tempted to go back up again and do:

12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 15, 14, 15, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all!

Well done with all the training today! Some really serious stuff going on. Keep up the good work people!!

What:10k race
    Why:don't really know!
    Last hard:I was certainly working hard today! Poor legs didn't know what had hit them!
    Last rest:yesterday.

Not posting a report, so just to say it went ok. I was pleased with 43 mins as a post London 10k and it was very windy. Legs still lack speed and I certainly felt I had to work harder than I should've for this kind of time, but no harm done!

Nice day apart from the wind and I got to meet several forumites, which was a bonus!
  • Options
    CONGRATS Hilly,
    that's great stuff so soon after FLM. Nice one
    ;-)
  • Options
    Afternoon everyone! My first post for a while and today will be my first run after FLM. Not sure what it will be, something easy though!
  • Options
    Well done Hilly, sterling effort and guts so soon after the flm, sounds like a perfectly respectable time to me. Personally can't imagine running a single mile @ 10k pace at the mo. Rest those legs now.

Welcome back Compass Kath.
  • Options
    well done, hilly - sounds plenty fast enough to me for just a week after FLM!

I can't imagine even thinking about a 10K just yet - most of us are struggling just to jog (horrible word)!

hope you've got a bit of rest scheduled now?!
  • Options
    Hello everybody-

What- Coal race- this was a good laugh, 3 quarters of a mile on an incline with 20kg of coal, Just like London Marathon the fun part is finishing and being able to drop the stuff. Was 5th out of.....6. I will do it again though as it is a great event. Derek was 6th in the mens race- same course but 40kg of coal. There was a lot of tv cameras there and got interviewed by Dutch tv so might be on Eurotrash or something.

Why- that's what the interviewer asked- couldn't think of a good answer then.
  • Options
    Oooh, sounds just like my sort of race, Monique!
  • Options
    LizzyB,

I can't think of any races, unless you what to run track for our ladies in Canterbury saturday?
    If I hear of anything I'll let you know!
  • Options
    Thanks Tim! Think I'd disgrace myself on a track though - my track times are desperately slow and I tend to lose count of the number of laps I need to do when I run 1500metres....
  • Options
    Gym for me today
    2 mile walk to get there
    ikm slow warmup
    then hill intervals 5-7% 400m with walk recoveries x8

Then 200m at 11kph with 100 m walks x4

Then 400m gemtle swim
    Then i mile walk, and however far i covered in clothes shops!

walks were hilly, all good training for the potteries
  • Options
    You all sound very dedicated! Sill plucking up the courage to run usually 5 mile circuit. I was 11 stone 4-5 for ages and have suddenly gone up to 11 stone 10 so a bit puzzled, any explanations or tips to lose extra pounds quickly!
  • Options
    I should have guessed! Hadn't cottoned onto the fact that the coal race actually involved carrying a sack of coal. Well, you must be used to it, humping all that compost around Monique. Gets my surreal laugh of the day anyhow.

We always used to watch Eurotrash, do they still have the lady with the planetarium-sized chest?

Major breakthrough at home - midiLL has tidied her room as evidenced by half the household collection of glasses and cereal bowls reappearing in the kitchen after a long absence.

Well done on your sess Hippo, am I the only flm runner who hasn't yet done a hard session??
  • Options
    laura
    lolo
    off eurotrash is dead:(
  • Options
    Noooo? How did they get the lid on her coffin? Sorry, extremely bad taste.

Did you know Mr lowcarbAtkins died the other day?
  • Options
    LL, I wondered that myself when I heard about her death (I know, bad taste). Was it his diet that killed the Atkins guy? Hmmm....
  • Options
    He fell over in the street and hit his head, apparently.

Not sure if he tripped or passed out
  • Options
    I believe he was in his 70's TGLB. I wondered the same thing though. :-)

Laura - maybe they just left her chest sticking out above ground and used it for parking bikes in ;-)
  • Options
    Hi yous lot!

What: 34 Lengths in the pool (hard) and 45 mins of core/stability work in the gym

Why: Today should have been a rest day!!!
    but have physio on thursday so will move rest day to then.

Last Hard: Yesterday

Last Rest: Sunday 13th

Some great training going on, and so soon after FLM, well done to all.

• Options
    Evening everyone.

What: 70 minutes hard cycling followed immediately by 4 miles @ 10k pace. Then 30 mins swimming drills and weights session.
    Why: Triathlon skills training
    Last hard: Saturday
    Last rest: Monday last week

Got back this evening and it was so nice that I went out for an hours brisk walk.
  • Options
    Evening all

What: 11 km gentle in gym on treadmill

Why: Still in post marathon recovery

Last hard: Last Sunday

Last rest: Friday

Simon

P.S. Well done hilly on race though rather you than me!!!
  • Options
    Well done Hilly, resectible time.

Jacqueline, don't worry about the weight running is one of the best was to getting ride of it. Take your time, that's the best way.
  • Options
    er, you have to stop drinking i think
    Two marathons and 3 halves later, minimal weight loss
  • Options
    I've never been overweight but since I've stopped drinking I'm raceing fit looking!
    So I agree booze is out! well just a little
  • Options
    popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭
    When I lost weight everyone told me how ill/gaunt/bad I looked.

• Options
    no chance of that for me
  • Options
    popsider, that's when you know your healthy when they say that.
  • Options
    Popsider - the same thing happened to me. Did you find that suddenly people started to invite you round to dinner and force huge amounts of food on you?
    Mind you, it did hurt me to lie down in the bath. Too many bones sticking out!

Would love to be that skinny again! Or maybe not.
  • Options
    sorry to break it up folks :-)
    what am- 5 to work(bummer cos it was lovely and couldve gone for hours!)
    pm- 3 home
    why-recovery day!
    last hard- sunday

enjoy