Options

Easter Monday

13»

Comments

• Options
    well done Hilly - though I'm not sure I'd have raced at the stage of FLM+8!

Took a while to get myself going this evening; eventually settled on 6.7K tempo run (measured course) after warmup & a few strides.
    Got round in 25:54 which works out at about 6:13 miling - best on this course for a while (not that that's saying much - 10 years ago, would do this one regularly in sub 25 mins). Held it together q well over the last mile (into the wind in 6:19) when feeling knackered. Be grateful for small mercies.

It's a while too since anyone said I looked gaunt or somehow underweight. Funnily enough, it was around the time when they did that I was capable of knocking off tonight's course at sub-6:00 pace. Lesson there methinks.
    Low-fat Flora rather than butter on tonight's new potatoes at teatime - and no Cadbury's Fruit and Nut bingeing afterwards.
  • Options
    Mike - how did the cricket go at the weekend?
  • Options
    Wonderful - except it was freezing fielding second. We won by 78 runs & I made 74 - only dropped once. That following on from 88* (dropped 5 times!) in the first League game of the season last week. Best start to a season I've ever had, though technically I've been very dodgy early on in both innings - and obviously rather lucky later on!
    Double header this weekend coming - if Mrs S permits.....not to mention my stiff legs.
  • Options
    Did a 5/2 run walk for 28 minutes to keep up with 0-30mins in 8 weeks. Last rest Easter Sunday.

Had ankle/calf problems through the week end, fortunately not serious.

Revd Dr Ice Man (my husband) is accusing me of being a running addict. Had blazing row because I couldn't find something in the house and I was frustrated that whilst the kids are at home, I'm finding it diffivult to get time for my run. Roll on the end of the Easter Hols.