Options

Lucozade Sport Super Six: Mystic (first-time)

Comments

• Options

Well done Meg!  FANTASTIC - an absolutely brilliant time!  Just think - its only your first big training run and you got a PB on a really hilly course!  I'm so impressed and, since I'm also a midget, I'm inspired that even little legs can be speedy!

Lots of love Toin xx

p.s. coming home and cooking dinner for 10 after a half-marathon is further proof of your near superwoman status - most of us (well me at least!) are neither use nor ornament after such a run!

• Options

You are always a fabulous ornament toin!!!

legs fine today actually thanks fat face - yours???x
  • Options
    fat facefat face ✭✭✭
    Tip top ta very much.
  • Options

The cooking dinner for 10 thing is just rude.  Don't show the rest of us up image

That Macmillan running thing is fab.  By that I mean utterly unrealistic for me.  A 4:09 marathon, based on my 10k time?  My legs hurt just thinking about it.

Can you start Silverstone just slightly ahead of me?  Then I won't feel depressed by you flying past in the first 100m.

• Options
    fat facefat face ✭✭✭

Ah. I must have mis-understood that post Wotsit. I read it as Mystic had eaten a Sunday roast for 10.

Top eating.

• Options

Re Macmillan - Some of us are built for speed and some for endurance but I have done just the two marathons so far and for Lochaber 07 I was within 4 minutes of my predicted marathon time and for FLM 08 I was about 5 (I was in better shape then just had loads of 'stuff' going on) That said, I think it was my half and 10 miles times, not 10k which would be a better indicator anyway. 

If you really want a laugh Wotsit, then plug your times into the RW predictor! And I don't mean that disrespectfully to you in any way shape or form, it is just extremely optimistic for us all!

• Options
    fat facefat face ✭✭✭
    I've used the RW predictor before and I got within an hour of my suggested marathon time.
  • Options

You mean you don't think a 4:04 marathon is achievable for me?

I am hurt.

• Options

hi Meg

How did you get on today? I ended up with a sports massage after Sundays 14, developed Calf pain monday - has helped heeps and will atempt my slow recovery tommorow

• Options

Oh no - sorry to hear that - hope you are ok.

Did a speed session on the treadmill last night as I could not get our during the day - dull as hell, but got through it. Did an 80 minute easy run today - 9 miles, av. speed 6.7 mph...so all OK.....felt fine.............got a 20 minute easy, 20 minute MP, 20 minute fast, 20 minutes easy tomorrow - although I can see it being reduced to 70 mins as I am going to struggle to get 80 mins.....

Take it easy on that leg - hope you recover soon! Meg x

• Options

Hi Meg

Leg am pleased to say much better and has worked wonders - did an easy 5 thursday with the club, rest day yesterday, Xtraining later today at the gym and tommorow is a big one - 16miles!

Eeeek

How has your week been??image

• Options
    All been good thanks. Speed session on monday at the gym, rest tuesday, 9 miles weds, 6/7 thurs, rest fri, training day with the Lucozade peeps (will write a proper report on this tomorrow - it was fab!)....and 2 hours 40 tomorrow......eeek.

had a great day today at the session = loads to tell you about...but havn't got time now!!!!!
    Have a great run tomorrow - and so glad the legs are feeling better! x
  • Options
    looking forward to hearing about your day Meg - sounds like you have had a great week. enjoy the long run tomorrow.  
  • Options
    Thanks Abs - will be online later - have a great day yourself! x
  • Options

hey meg - legs held up great - 16miles steady this morning, 2hours 46mins image

looking forward to hearing all about your weekend later

• Options
    Hi Meg - hope the run went well today. It was good to see you yesterday - such a brilliant day. I'll look forward to reading your take on things
  • Options

Ah....kids in bed - so finally time to think!!

Had a  great run today...helped by te fact that the weather was fab...the birds were out,.....everyone was out doing their gardening  - and it felt like Spring might actually make an appearance. Took it very very very very easy at first - living in the Chilterns that is pretty easy to do on the hills - and did 15.5 miles....and felt like I could have run another 5 at least. The last 3 were the fastest - cos I felt like I had some real buzz left - thanks to starting so slowly......yippeeeeeeeee - the plan worked. Took on a gel each hour, and .......(and I feel slightly embarassed admitting this)....sorted out my running belt so my bottle did not bang at all. I had been trying to wear it on my hips - and that was the problem. Once I had it round my waist.....all went well.....what an idiot. So......15.6 miles.....2 hours 35 mins.....av speed 5.9mph.....av hr 144bpm.....so very slow and steady - but has given me the confidence that I can do it.............

Great day yesterday too - Bushy park for a bit of HM pace stuff and faster pace. A session on the psychology of long runs .....visualisation.....association and dissociation....which was great today. All in all a good weekend. A session from Liz too about taking ownership for what happens, in detail, between now and the end of the race - thinking through the logistics of the day - what time do we want to eat - and what? What do we need in our bag? What is te detail of the hydration and fuelling strategy. I am going to start planning all of this in more detail over the coming couple of weeks.

Liz - quick question - I do not think I will make the Silvertsone half on Sunday as hubby is away. Should I therefore do a repeat of this week - as I will not need the taper?

Have a great week all,

Meg x

• Options

Boo!  What a shame you'll miss Silverstone.  Still, that'll mean I at least can be put off being overtaken by you until April 26th... image

Good run today!  I had a really dreadful time.  How on earth did you get beautiful sunshine?  We had sleet, hail & driving rain.  Not fair.

• Options
    Hi Meg and Helen, given you are both in the same place on Megs forum thought I would catch you and say how good it was to see you yesterday - you all looked so fit and healthy! It was also good seeing everyone run although very image not to be able to take part. Being very sensible and went to gym today and cycled and went on cross trainer and did some core stuff and strength stuff to build my foundation - I fear that my body is made of only scafolding and it is just a matter of time before the whole thing collapses - big lessons too from Anna....so am being good and hoping that if I concerntrate on that I will forget about my lack of running....I will be at Silverstone although unsure that if I will run or not (probably not as I anticipate Liz's advice)...calf though feeling remarkably better since last week......here's hoping I will be back pounding the pavements very soon. Anyway, well done today on both your runs today - we had all weather - spring and then summer sunshine oh and then gales and hale and wind and rain....roll on the summer!! Take care. Sho image
  • Options

Good to see you too - made me laugh every time we went round that tree in the park - and you were shouting encouragement!!!

I was really lucky with the weather yesterday - amanged to get out when it was beautiful.....then  poor hubby had tp play tennis in the rain...aas if I don't feel guilty enough about  the amount of time out I need at the mo!!!

Hope your leg improves - and thanks again for a fantastic day yesterday. x

• Options

Very sneaky Sho! image

I had a brilliant session with Anna after everyone left.  I have a lovely little personalised selection of exercises to do regularly which is going to sort my lazy bottom and its effect on my sore shins!  Tip top.

• Options

Sho, no Silverstone for you, not f you want to do London! Gradual build up! Was great to catch up and remember that new scar tissue needs to get fit now too!

Meg, it was fab to catch up at the weekend, and you are looking fitter and faster as ever!
    Get that race drinks and re-fueling strategy planned and I will have a look over it along with the sports scientists.

Right this week you should do:

Monday: Rest
    Tuesday: 1 mile WU. 3 x 1.5 miles (or 13 mins) at threshold pace with 2.5 mins jog rec. 1 mile W.d.
    Weds: 80mins easy
    Thursday: 1 mile WU. (2mins steady, 2mins threshold) x 7 with no recovery. 1 mile WD.
    Friday: Rest
    Saturday: 40mins easy recovery run can swap with Friday if helps?
    Sunday: 3 hours easy running.

Meg; Seeing as you are not going to do Silverstone, then lets make this week a solid weeks training and taper the long run before Reading half marathon, so instead of the 3 hours the week before Reading, do that this week and only do 1 hour 45mins the week before Reading to get in some recovery.

Let me know if this all looks ok and if you need to move any of the dates around!

Have a great week,

Liz x

• Options

Thanks Liz - that looks great.

Will have a look at the drinks/ fuelling etc and get back to you - and thanks again for a fab day on Saturday.....hope the appointment went well! x

• Options
    joddlyjoddly ✭✭✭
    Liz - just a quick question. Compared with the published RW schedule for this week, you've swapped in the 7 x (2+2) for the 3 miles "brisk". Is there a cunning reason for that?
  • Options

hi meg

How is it going? Did you get your run today?

I have my 2nd half marathon this sunday, I really hope to get near the 2hour mark. Less mileage this week, picking up again next week, finding swimming is helping heaps with the legs!

• Options

Hiya,

Actually swapped my runs around a bit - so I did my speed session yesterday...and rested today. My sister in law had a baby yesterday (very very excited to be an auntie!!!) so I was not sure when I was going down to see them.

Good to hear the legs are feeling good - and good lukc for the weekend!!! Meg xx

• Options
    COngrats on becoming an auntie meg! Hope you enjoy the solid week of training...looks like Liz has got a good schedule set out for you!
  • Options

Hi Meg,

Congrats on being an Auntie! Super news!
    How did your session go?

Joddly; I had to create a new week for Meg as she is unable to race this weekend, so to balance the 1.5 miles at threshold, I have added in a session that will balance the week better, rather than training the same energy systems again. Also help with variety and motivation to have some 'different' sessions. The 2min steady 2 mins tempo pace is a great work out as you are not having a slow jog rec. With a cruising recovery you keep the heart rate high, pushing your threshold boundaries.

Try it! It bits at the end!

Have a great week.

Liz

• Options
    Congratulations Meg!