Options

Lucozade Sport Super Six: Mystic (first-time)

Comments

• Options

there's a really good pace converter on the US runners world website - try this

http://www.runnersworld.com/cda/paceconverter

• Options

Wow....what a brilliant little gizmo.....thanks MRS GA.

So...works me out at about 8.6 minute miles (on the flat ...with a tail wind......and no-one else around......on a good day.........!) x

No competition for you Sue - I wouldn't even try....looking forward to seeing you next week. x

• Options
    good luck on sunday mystic. hope the headache is gone.

quick question to liz if ok as I can't make next lucozade training day (got non-super 6 place with lucozade)...
    training started great. now I'm feeling TIRED! today i have decided to cut from 5 to 4 run sessions a week and am doing mix of sub-4 and 4.30 training plan now (was sub 4). i am hoping this will help put some spring in my step again. i blame the night shifts. question is I'm still baffled by what is my marathon pace? it is such a long distance I don't know how to pace it! last week did half marathon pb of 1.57.46. 13 minutes off my last try. what do you think liz?

any advice much appreciated. 'Oir

ps sorry for errors. typing on a mobile!
  • Options

Thanks Oir...sounds like we are about the same pace.....If it is any consolation - I went to bed at 8.30pm last night (35 minutes after my 4 year old!) and feeling much better this morning!!

Meg x

• Options
    Glad you are feeling better Meg - Best of luck for Sunday and enjoy it...... Looking forward to the race report.
  • Options

*pokes head in*

Hi Meg

Sounds like training is going well

Good luck for Sunday!

• Options

Good luck for tomorrow small speedy lady. Give it some welly.

• Options

Good luck with the race Meg - looking forward to reading your report.

Go Meg! image

<shakes pom poms wildly>

• Options
    fat facefat face ✭✭✭

Put yer pom poms away you rude girl. Go and shake 'em at Wickett.

Good luck Meg.

• Options
    Where are you? I NEED to know how you have done?..........image
  • Options

Drowning sorrows or celebrating a huge pb?

Latter, I suspect...

• Options

hi Meg, How did you get on today?

I ran the furthest so far today 14miles. 2 hours 31mins, 4 hills on route so very pleased with that.

• Options
    Hi All,

And thanks for your support....

Weirdly, i slept really badly last night...strange dreams of getting to the start and seeing a massive muddy slippery hill, which everyone else was cruising up - and i could not get anywhere.....and so on....even banished hubby to the spare room, and was nervous as hell first thing this morning. Hubby kept reminding me it was a training run.....but nothing worked. flet much better when i got there, and by the time i started, despite a large adrenaline surge and corresponding HR peak as the gun went off - settled in OK.

course was much better in the light. All started well - 8 minute mile pace feeling good....and in fact all went well until about mile 9 when i had an emotional wobble and struglled for about 0.8 of a mile. It was exactly the same spot as when i ran it last week. Did not have any gels or anything with me - and was apaling at the water stations (squeezed the first cup so hard it burst all over me, and poured most of the second one up my nose as a wobbly runner hit my arm)...so think it might have been an energy blip. however, i pulled myself together, and quite enjoyed the last few miles.

So...the big question....what was the time? i did it in 1hour 53 mins, and i think, had I not had the wobble, it would have been a couple of minutes quicker. The course has 4 bigish hills too - i i have my sights set on a sub 1.50 for reading and silverstone........Average pace was 7.0 mph, average HR 174....but it all felt OK - and only hit my threshold very quickly at 2 points. A pb for me.

Came home to cook roast lunch for 10 for my mums 65th, and have just sat down - so no doubt will be knackered soon....still rest day tomorrow.

thanks again for your support - Liz 0 looking forward to thinking this through for race strategy this weekend - it still feels a very long way to turn around and head home again!!

Super 6 - looking forward to seeing you all. meg xxx
  • Options

Well done Meg!  Storming time for a 'training' race.

Its quite a pressured situation, knowing you have to report back to a forum full of people, a wobble should be to be expected?  Thats what I told myself after last weekend anyway image

Enjoy your rest day tomorrow.

• Options
    fat facefat face ✭✭✭

WOWZAH!!!!!

Very well done Meg. That's blimming great that is. Strange dreams the night before races is not uncommon. When I did a marsthon a few years ago I had weird dreams the night before about being late, forgetting my trainers, going to the wrong place etc etc.

But 1:53 on a tough course is fabulous and shows the hard training is paying dividends.

Big respeck.image

• Options
    thanks mate...its not the flattest of HMs!!!!

See you sat - and well done to you too!! Fab running....x
  • Options

Meg!!!!

I have just plugged your time into the Macmillan running calculator, it predicts a sub 4 hour marathon!!!

You star, well done indeedimage race nerves are my arch enemy, I can't give you any advice on that score other than to think positive thoughts, keep your breathing under control (deep breaths at the start etc) and remind yourself of how much solid training is in your legs.

(I never do any of that, just become a jibbering wreck at the start!)

Today does make you consider your fueling for M day though re carrying gels?

Enjoy your rest day and the fruits of your hard work, you deserve it girl!

• Options
    Thanks Sue -what the hell is the Macmillan running calculator????

Will definitely be carrying gels for FLM.....

Hope to see you Friday.x
  • Options

http://www.mcmillanrunning.com/mcmillanrunningcalculator.htm

super website Meg. It is rather more realistic/less optimistic (delete as required) than other race time predictors, useful for training paces and general fiddling about when you have a spare moment. Give it a whirl.

I hope to be there too on Fridayimage

• Options
    fat facefat face ✭✭✭
    I shall confuse you even further now Meg and say that my race today was my best ever WAVA grading.
  • Options
    What???? you are all talking running geek....and I have yet to learn the lingo!!! x
  • Options

Meg,

Thats is fantastic, I knew you could run that fast, and I know you can do sub 1.50. It is there! We will have to think about your re- fueling strategies for the next half marathons and make sure you get it right. I also have some tips for drinking out of plastic cups! They are a nightmare when trying to get a drink when racing...thats if you have any water left in them once you have grabbed them.

Dreams are quite common, I once had a dream I was on the start line on the London marathon in high heels and tracksuit bottoms as I have forgotten my shorts...and racing flats! strange how real it seems in your dreams and then you wake!

Make sure we chat about the strategy this Sat. We have a good session planned, so make sure you don't do anything hard on the Friday!

Oir...just need to re- read what you said!

Liz
  • Options

Thanks Liz......I am pretty confident that on a flatter course I can do sub 1.50....what that means for FLM I don't know!?!?

Looking forward to this sat....see you there!!

PS ..I knew you had stilettos on under your tracksuit - I said it on an earlier message........no-one has legs as long as yours!!!...(or is that just a bitter midget speaking......X)

• Options

Oir: Well done for being sensible and balancing your fatigue. Sometimes it is a good idea to take an easy week and then get into your training again.

Your half marathon time would suggest that if you get your endurance base in, correct re-fueling and hydration on race day etc that you should be capable of a 4.15-4.20 marathon.
    This equates to a 9.44-9.55 per mile pace. Practice this pace in your training runs so you know how it feels.

Hope this helps. Maybe look at your hydration and eating habits as well as reducing some of your training and then your energy may return!

Liz
  • Options

Well done Meg. Great run yesterday. Hope you're not aching today.

Thanks for the advice Liz. I'll give the pacing strategy a go. I am thinking that perhaps I'm not doing the slow runs slow enough and although that wasn't a problem at the start as the distances were shorter, this is probably making me more tired as they get longer. Monday is a good day for the advice - it's a new week, a new start! Drink water, run slower, eat better. Gosh, not ever 10am and it have renewed my enthusiasm!

Thanks! 'Oir

• Options
    Well done Meg - great result. Hope you are feeling alright today. Are you doing Silverstone - hopefully a fat race without plastic cups - sound good!!
  • Options
    Am down for Silverstone- but hubby may be away.......x
  • Options
    fat facefat face ✭✭✭
    How's the legs today Meg?
  • Options

i meant flat race by the way not fat!!!

hope you can make it - i will look out for you. I have just bribed my dad into overnight childcare. If only races were at 6 in the morning before we go to work and childcare not an issue - maybe not!! Will be a test for me to see if i can actually run faster when i am really awake and in daylight