Options

Support Group 6

Comments

• Options
    Yes it's a really good idea Happychap!  I loved it there image
  • Options

hilly 4.44 club race tonight in 29m39s

can't complain at that imageimage and I beat a couple of nemesisessesss image

• Options
    HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

Blimey Tiger, you've been everywhere!  I heard a rumour it's a tad undulating?  Fancy coming back with us?

Well done Samson image

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭

Hello sixers.

Crikey, doesn't work just get right in the way of life?!
    This morning I was full of energy and felt I could have run miles, but no - I went and cared for my patients instead, knackered my knees from kneeling next to their beds, knackered my back from hoiking them around and now....
    Now I couldn't run down the garden probably.
    Sorry, that was a big whinge. I love my job and it's very rewarding, it's just that I've got the afternoon off and I'm already pooped. I might have to mess about on the computer instead of getting my PE kit on image

I'd like to do some foreign city marathons - it's just affording the time and the travel. Does it work out better to go with a club HC?
    I am going to my local club for the first time next week - wibble.

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Oooh yeah, well done Samson image  I love it when I finally get past a nemesisissie. I pick them all the way through races, but I also have two that I see at almost every local race I do. I finally beat one of them after years of following him over the line a couple of months ago. The other still beat me last weekend though.
  • Options
    HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

Tell me about it.  Just getting my lunch now!

The club thing works out ok.  We divvy the jobs up so someone looks for hotels, someone else does travel research and we book according to what people want.  So in Paris, most of us were in the same hotel but we all arrived at different times.  It works because you get to travel with people you know but you're not living in their pocket the whole trip.

I really like it anyhow.  But then I really like my clubs mates image

We try to pick stuff that's fairly close to home so we don't have to go for ages which works out not as expensive.  We've been to Paris, Prague, Barcelona so far.  Although I would like to do Medoc Marathon for my 40th (2012) and might make a week out of it.

• Options

I haven't done Prague image

Barcelona is a bit undulating at first.  But it's predominantly flat and there's less than 10,000 runners so you get plenty of room.  Lots of lovely Gaudi buildings to look at as well, then there's the Med sea and finishes off meandering through the old town.  23 degrees when I was there, even in early March. image

• Options
    HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

Mmmm we were just discussing temperature.  It sounds amazing, so maybe one to enjoy and not go for a fast time.

Prague was very cobbley! and I managed to trip over a cat eye (the road not animal kind)

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭

Hiya HC.

I could cheerfully run in the heat. Well I'd least like the opportunity to try it!!

• Options
    HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭
    Limps, you are VERY welcome to come and join us image
  • Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭

I've lost track [nothing new about that!] - where are you going and when? I could be tempted image

How was your club do yesterday?

I'm planning to be a very brave frog and take myself along to the local club's trail run this week. Knowing my luck everyone will have set off [and probably finished] before I even find the place!!

• Options
    HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

Race went really well yesterday and more importantly the cakes were very yummy.  How was Horsham?

It's Barcelona on 6th March 2010.

The trail run sounds lovely.  Bluebells are still out

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭

Bluebells are pretty much finished around here now HC - salt winds and all that. Most of the blossoms have been blown off the trees as well this past week.

I didn't do a race yesterday - the choices were Horsham or Moors Valley [Salisbury]. Both quite a distance from me and Limp2 wasn't up for it so not worth the journey just for me image

Are you doing Bognor next week? I'll probably be away that day.

<< waits patiently for cake >>

• Options
    HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

<Leaves a big parcel of parkin and special butterscotch tart>

No to Bognor, got East Grinstead Tri hopefully.  Come down with the most almightly horrible sore throat and cold this morning, so bad I couldn't go to work.  First day off sick for years image

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭

Ooh, nasty HC. Big sympathies. Hope you feel better very soon.

Limps xxxxx

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭

<< hot lemon & honey drinks to HC >>

Hope you're feeling better this morning HC. Take care. Have a blankie day in front of the TV image

Limps x

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭
  • Options
    HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

Mawnin'

Back in the land of the living now.  Goodness, if I'd been to Mexico I'd be slightly worried now image

<sneaks some whiskey in the hot lemon and honey> yum!

How you doing today Limps?

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭

I'm OK ta HC.
    I was brave and joined my colleague this evening at the local running club's trail run. It wasn't social as everyone starts when it suits them, but it was different to run with a colleague and her friend and it was a lovely route that I would have got completely and dangerously lost on if I'd done it alone!

The 'friend' is doing East Grinstead Tri this weekend - you're there too aren't you? Are you feeling well enough for it?

It seems we are the only surviving sixers HC - we have a thread all our own going on here!!

Take care, glad you're feeling better.
    Limps x

<< shlurps remnants of whisky >>

• Options
    HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

I left some whiskey <shakes head> must still be ill!

I am indeed doing East Grinstead dressed as a pirate (forum style not Arrrrrrrrrrrgh! style)

Hopefully I'll be ok, I'll do it anyway but how I feel will dictate how competitive I get.

Well done on the trail run.  Where did you go and how's the training going for the South Downs mara?

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭

The run was in Kingley Vale. Do you know that bit of hill?! It's a sweat-breaker!!

I'm not training for South Downs - as if I would!! The next couple of club runs are on the hills though so I might try to be good about going along.

Hope you're feeling better enough for East Grinstead. Good luck!!

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Awful weather down here HC.
    Hope it's a bit better for your tri. Good luck.
  • Options
    HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

East Grinstead fun, got back before the rain really hit and managed to take 4 mins off my previous time.  My back was in agony on the bike though so got an appointment with the chiropractor this afternoon.

Don't know Kingley Vale... hills are friends image and much easier if you're in company so it sounds like a good idea to go along to the club.

How was your weekend?

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭

I thought you had probably drownded yesterday HC. And still whilst on 'dry' land. I was on the M23 / M25 yesterday morning, reasonably close to East Grinstead I think, and my car had to have those water wings like Chitty Bang Bang's!! It was EVIL out there.

Well done for the tri. Shame about your back. I always find cycling tugs a bit. Hope the chiro helps.

I'd offer to take you for a plod on Kingley Vale, but despite being a native I would get lost within a few minutes!! Although you only have to find a gap in the trees and you can see most of Sussex and Hampshire I reckon, so probably easy enough to get some bearings.

• Options
    HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

Sounds pretty.  image

The chiropractor was very kind.  Her exact words were something like my pelvis was so unstable it was flapping in the wind.  I asked her if she could fix it and the good news was yes! (although I am slightly sceptical as I've heard this before and it's been with me for 3 years).  When I told her about IMCH her expression was kinda like image

Anyway, got another treatment next week so fingers crossed.

You having a good week hun?  Any news from Limpette at Uni?

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭

I was visiting the uni-Limp on Sunday - hence having to sail up the M25!! She's ok, ta. Just about to enter exam period though.

I have to say - and this is a personal opinion only - I rate osteopaths above chiros.
    If your pelvis is unstable surely you need a programme of core strengthening?

I am catching myself browsing tri sites rather frequently these past few days image

• Options
    HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

Ooooooooooohhhhh, come to Concorde with us in August.  pool swim, nice cycle, lovely run

<bounces around the thread with excitement>

I've had the problem for about 3 years.  I've seen Osteos, physios, massage terrorists, bone doctors, muscle doctors, reflexologists, podiatrists, pilates instructors all to little or no avail.  TBH I would do and see a VOODOO doctor if they promised they would make me better.... The chiropractor is my last hope (or maybe just a course of internal scaffolding).

It has been slightly frustrating image

Sorry, didn't mean to blurt at you and lots of fingers and toes crossed for uni-Limp

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭
    I can understand your frustration HC. Expect email.

Tell me more about Concorde image
  • Options
    HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

Swim flat 400m, bike flattish 20k, run flat 5k image

It's short, sweet and perfect for beginners.  Really low key and very friendly. Loads of newbies do it on MTB or whatever bike happens to be in the shed so a great one to try without forking out a fortune for kit you may never use again.

Oh, Concorde is in Bradfield nr Reading erm J6 of the M4???

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭

When would I need to enter by?

I'd want to get some swim time before committing to it and that can be tricky at my local pool.
    But I'm tempted image

Could I latch on to you and yours if I come? It would be nice to have someone hold my hand!!